Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2005 at 8:21 PM
Default No cheats interior half-walls
A no cheats method for creating interior desk-height half-walls. The limitations are the walls are not load bearing, however they can butt up against, bisect or be bisected by normal walls.

Interior half-walls completely without cheats

The only real restrictions are the half-walls must be interior walls and upper floors, and roofs cannot be placed till after the half-walls have been placed. Also, if you place the half-wall against an exterior wall part of the original texture will bleed through to the outside (you can hide it with shrubs or objects). Unlike other methods for building half walls these walls are at fixed heights and are not load bearing.

Lay out your foundation as normal.

Using "Roof Types" sellect "Shed Gabled Roof" and place a one-tile-wide roof with the high side at the location you want your half-wall to appear.

Completely enclose the area which will contain the half-wall. It will ONLY work in an area the Sims 2 sees as an interior space.

Place a roof above you almost complete half-wall.

Delete the slant walls that were once the sides of your roof...

...and you now have a fully functional desk/table height half-wall with no unusable areas around it.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Jul 2005 at 8:23 PM
I have never heard of this method before. Im going to try this out asap. Thanx a whole bunch!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 6:38 AM
Default Figured out how to connect to exterior walls
If the roof fragment that protrudes through the side of the house is below and covered by the eaves it disappears. I just built a new little starter house with a sunken living room bordered by a half-wall that runs from the side of the front door and no roof sticking out of the ground floor.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 11:49 AM Last edited by niol : 10th Jul 2005 at 11:51 AM.
Finally, someone spoke out a power of "roof" tools!

Thanx Stompsem.

I'm gonna try more...!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 12:10 PM
This looks great, I had probs getting half walls on upper floors! Thank you :D
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 7:53 AM
Great work, Stompsen. Thanks for sharing this.

Now I'm thinking about house plans where I can use this to good effect, too...
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies