Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 3:57 PM
Default Unlimited floors for University Ep
So far unless theres a cheat for it, it cant be done. When i try to build high it just
tops off at 5 storys like always. :confused:
If anyone knows the cheat for this please respond.....
Tom
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 4:12 PM
Yes you can build almost unlimited floors. It is capped at 255 max floors. The cheat code to unlock the max floors can be found in the cheat console in game. When you open the console look around and the code is in there.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 4:30 PM
oh kewl i just went up as high as 8 stories, i can keep going up with more, nice cheat code, I think i'll make some tall buildings know for decorations lol.
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 6:55 PM Last edited by MisterV : 2nd Mar 2005 at 6:59 PM.
two hundred and f*cking fifty-five?!

I did a building equivalent to 10 stories high, and I couldnt see the last floor very well! plus it was screwed up in the neighbourhood view. sure, I can build scyscrapers like that, yeah, Empire State Building, but the good thing would be if it was showing well in the neighbourhood view...which it probably won't?

and, btw, is this cheat only for the EP?

_______
oh, btw, cheat console in the game - you mean you can actually see all the cheats there? now, that would be an improvement. why aren't there any cheats for the game on gamespot etc. :argh: that's nearly impossible!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 11:00 PM
Ok, finally got my copy of Uni today and have been playing around with unlimited floors. Apparently with the default Cam view we are getting a max height of about 10 floors before it disappears off the top edge of your screen. You can add about another 5 levels using the Top view.

Now here is the strange part, my system crashes to desktop around 20 floors. Just curious if this is happening to anyone else?

I am currently testing how many floors I can get with quarter height floors.

Ralphael
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 11:05 PM
Well in the chat transcripts one of the Maxis people said the chat was
SethighestAllowedLevel X
has that anything to do with the crashin maybe?

Cheers
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 11:19 PM
how do you open the cheat console?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 1:44 AM Last edited by whitefolks : 5th Mar 2005 at 3:48 PM.
press ctrl-shift-c and type in sethighestallowedlevel 255

However with my machine it seems that 16 floors is the maximum before issuing:

The application has crashed. The application will now terminate.

It seems that it has nothing to do with height, even with quarter height walls, the max number of floors is 16 for me.

Has anyone had a chance to test this?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ralphaelninja
press ctrl-shift-c and type in sethighestallowedlevel 255

However with my machine it seems that 16 floors is the maximum before issuing:

The application has crashed. The application will now terminate.

It seems that it has nothing to do with height, even with quarter height walls, the max number of floors is 16 for me.

Has anyone had a chance to test this?

Hey Ralph

Long time no see bud I tried the floors when i first got the EP the day it came out. I built up to 13 floors, and from a performance stand point with a fully built building, 13-15 floors i found to be a good limit. Just for fun i built a 22 story, but the last 4 or so floors were cut off.

I am thinking now that the max number of visable and playable floors is based on each persons screen resolution, monitor size, and altered files in the camera file.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 9:03 PM
heya whitefolks,

I was hoping that you would reply knowing that you would be the other simmer that would push it over the top :P

So no crashes at 15 floors and up? ok... I think it might have something to do with my video drivers then.

Basically it isn't so much that we will be building 255 floors but the ability to create a myriad of quarter height floors. Max of 15 is still good, given that the camera height is still limited.

I also tried just raising the ground level to its max height (apparently this is still limited, hence this question never gets answered from Maxis; is the lot still limited by a max height even though we can build 255 floors?) and then building another 15 floors above that.

It is like mouse wrestling when you get to this height especially when you change the camera file to allow top down viewing in live mode. A slight movement of the mouse will send the camera soaring upwards.

With my new 6600 gt and my Large LCD monitor, I'm having a blast with the clarity and speed of the game. So how is your 6600 gt doing?

Ralphael
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 10:26 PM
hum, I wonder if the 15 floors up houses are displayed properly in the neighbourhood view?
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 10:36 PM
I did get 19 floors before my game crashed i also dug a big pit to the lowest point.
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 5:55 PM
Default RE: Unlimited floors for University Ep
15 was the maximum for me as well; application terminated message appeared twice as I was adding the sixteenth floor. I've recently upgraded with new video card and 1 G memory, so I'm jealous of those who have been able to build higher.

One tip: I found that for floors 12 and up, hitting TAB to go into first person camera then pointing the camera directly at the ground, then hitting TAB again can sometimes help you get a better angle to see the higher floors, especially on structures with a large circumference.

I also noticed that in neighborhood view, all roofs over the tenth floor seemed to disappear. Anyone else experiencing this?
Forum Resident
#14 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 12:58 AM Last edited by jinyc : 9th Mar 2005 at 3:37 AM. Reason: Spelling
I am hoping this is the right place to post (I get so confused). Whitefolks, help! I could not get the highest level cheat to work and then by some miracle it worked. All I did was play ay placing a stairway and suddeny I had a new top floor. I tweaked a dorm I had d/l'd from N99 to 7 stories. I love how it came out.

It has 14 student suites (separate bath included0 and (finally) room for a pool in the back.

The big picture shows the original d/l in place with an open air gym level.

I was cocky enough after succedding in making the 7 story dorm to go and try at least to put a roof on the first dorm, I tried and tried and I could not get the damn cheat to work again. What did I do wrong?

Joey

Test Subject
#15 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim2Kid405
oh kewl i just went up as high as 8 stories, i can keep going up with more, nice cheat code, I think i'll make some tall buildings know for decorations lol.

An older friend of mine who went to the University of Missouri told me his dorm was 8 floors tall.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 8:29 PM Last edited by hardonmachin : 9th Mar 2005 at 8:40 PM.
I did the same thing as Seraphira, I dug a hole and started building there, and the game crashed consistantly when attempting to build a 16th floor...

and a strange thing occured when I tried to bring the building back up to ground level using boolprop constrainfloorelevation false

This is a 15 story building
here are some pics:
http://img30.exs.cx/img30/6650/b47nb.jpg
http://img30.exs.cx/img30/9043/aft3r4tx.jpg

Note all the bottom floors are normal up until they reach the 10th floor then they are "crushed" into foundatation size floors. I can then place another floor safely but another one after that causes a crash. I am running with all the defaults, except the modified script file.

I also noticed a limitation of maximum placeable wall segments when builing a previous house. the game simply disallowed any more to be placed. when attempting to build a wall segment longer than what was allowed they would all disappear. I will be back with the exact number of wall segments and edit this post... 582
note this does not include fence pieces.
Test Subject
#17 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 12:51 AM
I've gone to 25 floors using the top down view and adding floors.

On my system, I've noticed that I can't add floors to an existing building with the cheat.

I have to enter the cheat and start from the ground up.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 2:20 AM
To activate the cheat on existing pre-university buildings that have reached their max, use the domer trick; place a domer at the top and remove it afterwards.

Sims_guy, how much memory do you have on your graphics card?
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 5:29 PM
128 MB graphics card.

I did turn all the effects off in the settings option since the game runs sluggish when there is a lot of things going on with the higher settings.
#20 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 8:47 PM
anyone knows if has a elevator like in sims 1????
Test Subject
#21 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 11:45 AM
it's certainly nice that there's a cheat code to build more than five floors. but as there are more floors to be built, there's also a need to furnish them... and that's where i have bumped into a problem.

after spending so much time building this thing (12 floors in total; only 4 usable floors + roof, so that makes 5 i guess since i simply refuse to fill the dome which would add 4 more floors, and with only 2 floors furnished), i found myself running into an "too many iterations" error with the Controller - CLP - Community Lot Populator #13, of which i have no clue what object it is really refering to. it works only if i press "cancel" when i received the error message while loading the lot with testingcheatsenabled code on.

after some testing, the error seems to be related to the lot having too many objects (or objects that the npc just can't get their hands off of, aka objects which npc can interact with). i admit i went a little light crazy there but part of the point is to have it lit up in the dark. so the conclusion is that: you can increase the length of the container - yes, but that doesn't mean increased volume.

p.s. this is aside from the squished floors problem which hardonmachin has mentioned. i have posted this problem before, to reiterate though: if you raise your roof beyond the 150 clicks from ground height, the floor that the roof is on will refuse to rise until it is squished to 4 clicks high (foundation height) before it would be pushed up through the 150 click mark.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 9:39 PM
yup.... kind of sad when there is still a terrain max height (which is why the upper floors are squishing downwards).

That building is very nice!!... reduce the number of lights and objects. You can always have large halls with benches on the side. Fill in with a nice floor pattern. Well done Gonorio!!

Ralphael
#23 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 10:58 PM
Gonorio
That Is The Best building i have ever seen and i have seen some really nice ones :0)
I am Still speechless.

that is one heck of a Nice building

I am in Awe
I can only imagine how much time this took but You truly did a Fine Job

GREAT WORK!!!!!

April
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 11:09 PM
OMG!! That is the most beautiful building I have ever seen built by a simmer. Lovely just lovely!! :D
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 11:18 PM
Oh My, I have been sitting here just staring at it for like 5 minutes. AMAZING, the most beautfiul thing I have seen in game so far. Absolutly amazing.

Silk stockings, What bliss they recall,
When love promised all, Forever more . . .
Cole Porter - 1954
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Page 1 of 2