Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 5:57 PM Last edited by Isiliel : 28th Jan 2005 at 7:53 AM. Reason: added pics
Default Feedback welcome - Meduseld with Barn - Revisited
Ok...I am obsessed!

Here's what i was up all week. It is not the best lot you have ever seen, but it is miiiineeee my own....(you know...)...my precious!

It is supposed to be Meduseld, The Golden Hall from The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers, Theoden's palace in Edoras.

Any feedback is welcome on how to modify it so it would look better.
If any of you asks I will upload it -if perhaps someone want to try things on it- otherwise it will be left to oblivion (and to my own neighborhood). :bricks:
It contains some CEP recolors and some wallpaper recolors I've created and a wonderfull stone wall created by snazza (Thank you snazza! You are wonderfull).

Also there is this tiny problem I am facing in the Neighborhood:
My recolored columns look blue-electric and they flash like christmas-tree bulbs. (image included)
I don't mind that but if I am to post it for evaluation and downloading all you out there may not appreciate it...

This is the first lot I share with people... scaaaryyyy.... :hide:

EDIT: I added some interior and exterior pics. Please scroll down...
Screenshots

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo, "a star shines upon the hour of our meeting".
My poems
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 5:58 PM
It looks nice
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 9:47 PM
nice, some quenya in your sig (im learning it)

nicely done anyway, but it somehow doesnt have the look of the hall. change the ground all around to sand or rock or something?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 10:30 PM
Thank you MisterV. I'll try that!

Nice to know you are learning Quenya.

Namarie
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 6:37 AM
I think it looks excellent!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 6:24 PM
Isiliel,

You PM'ed me asking for an honest critique. Well, here goes:

1. I like it. What I like most about it is that you're working from a goal. I'm not very familiar with LOTR, but what I see here makes a very concerted effort to convey the vibe. Good work.

2. Overall shape: Very good. It's balanced, but not boring. The intricate work you did on the roofs really pays off in adding variety to the architectural lines, and visual interest.

3. Yard: You can do more with landscaping. More trees or shrubs, maybe. Actually, I'd love to see another architectural shape around the yard. (A well, a pigpen, a shack maybe?)

4. Interior: Please post some interior pics! That's where the sims spend most of their time, so that's where you can really make or break the concept.

5. Foundation: Notice the brown lines between foundation walls and tiles? You might want to modify the wall and/or tile paint to better manage that brown line. Maybe simply darken the paint, or make it "run" brown dirt down the walls...

6. Great work with wall textures. Maybe you can do more with textures, not just for the foundation, but for the inside as well.

7. The blue columns are a problem, no doubt about it.

Overall, that is a VERY VERY promising start. I think you're going to get some fans around here, and many people will appreciate your work. I for one can't wait to see more!

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 11:11 PM
Dear en7en!

Thank you so much for your critique! I appreciate it more than you can imagine!
I am going to work on it some more and then upload some new screenshots both inside and outside!

You have been really helpfull and gave me a lot of new ideas to consider.
Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 9:17 PM
Ok...here's some more pics.
The interior is not yet finished but I am making progress.

The Barn is of course fake, made by recolored walls.
I will upload them as well for evaluation in the appropriate thread.
Screenshots

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo, "a star shines upon the hour of our meeting".
My poems
#9 Old 18th May 2005 at 6:22 PM
Please Post It I would love to have it.

Thanks so much,
Beth
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 11:56 PM
Wow, that's great!!!
I built it for TS1, but it wasn't as good as yours...

I must have it!!!
Please upload it
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2005 at 7:01 AM
I agree I must have this lot
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 9:01 AM
Looks great! Please post it so that all of us can put it into our games! Please!
#13 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 9:03 PM
wow, it awesome, it looks like the real golden hall of rohan, wow, its wonderful, beautiful....

please, please post it, wow, it loks great :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:
Mad Poster
#14 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 9:06 AM
The wallpaper set can be found through searching the artist's profile and then "see all downloads" if this is what you want.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=41167
Forum Resident
#15 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 10:44 AM
Omg I just loooove this lot! :o Absolutely stunning! Gimme gimme gimme! :o :p
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 12:09 PM
Isiliel, I have only one word to say to you "Upload!"
Make that two "Upload now!"
Make that three "Upload, now! please"
Excellent work, Frogstar

What's the best way to make God laugh?
Tell him your plans for your future!
Test Subject
#17 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 1:01 AM
I think your futur lot is beautiful and would very much like to have it! I hope that you will post it soon.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies