Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#601 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 1:06 AM Last edited by GuilhermeSchilling : 12th Nov 2017 at 1:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
I think I fix the issue with the Height SLider. testing it now and I think I might be able fix the short slider. Back to testing. No issues with holding a toddler.

Can hold a plate of food correctly.

My intention with this mod is to make very taller sims and very shorter sims than the original mod, and also to change the body and the face structure according to height, but the arms of my tall sims are twisted and crossing the body when they make a action that move their arms to left and it's happening also with my short sims but when they are moving arms to right. I don't know well how to discribe it, so I suggest to download my mod to see better what is happening with me. I need some help to fix it and finish this mod.

I'm not so good in English.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MTS_GuilhermeSchilling_1729442_HeightSliderMod.zip (8.3 KB, 182 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Scholar
#602 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GuilhermeSchilling
My intention with this mod is to make very taller sims and very shorter sims than the original mod, and also to change the body and the face structure according to height, but the arms of my tall sims are twisted and crossing the body when they make a action that move their arms to left and it's happening also with my short sims but when they are moving arms to right. I don't know well how to discribe it, so I suggest to download my mod to see better what is happening with me. I need some help to fix it and finish this mod.

I'm not so good in English.

According to Manderz0630 it is caused by some custom content after the patch. Remove all custom content.
Test Subject
#603 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 2:14 AM Last edited by GuilhermeSchilling : 12th Nov 2017 at 2:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
According to Manderz0630 it is caused by some custom content after the patch. Remove all custom content.

I had already removed custom content to test my mod with better performance. I'm sure I'm using only the mod. I suggest to you download and test with your sims.
Instructor
#604 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 5:00 AM Last edited by Manderz0630 : 12th Nov 2017 at 10:53 AM.
My intention with this mod is to make very taller sims and very shorter sims than the original mod, but the arms of my tall sims are twisted and crossing the body when they make a action that move their arms to left and it's happening also with my short sims but when they are moving arms to right. I don't know well how to discribe.

Is this happening with the height version I uploaded? I'm not having this issue. Sounds like you're editing the wrong "bones". Are you using Bone Delta? and do you have S4PE? Try editing the "offset" How i was able to fix the arm issue.

doll size but her legs are bent weirdly

Changed one of my other Sims' height. Shortest she got though compared to Liling. Sims alright short will be doll size upon editing a short slider. So the same with the tall slider but the opposite (giant)

Instructor
#605 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar

He/he is trying to edit the height of theirs to make taller sims but the Sims are glitching out. I downloaded the Slider and I'm looking into it.
Instructor
#606 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 6:19 AM
I downloaded GuilhermeSchilling's height slider and I looked into it and see if I could help fix it. This is the results so far.

I'll add another photo to the spoiler if I am able to help fix.
Test Subject
#607 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 6:34 AM Last edited by GuilhermeSchilling : 12th Nov 2017 at 7:04 AM.
Is this happening with the height version I uploaded? I'm not having this issue. Sounds like you're editing the wrong "bones". Are you using Bone Delta? and do you have S4PE? Try editing the "offset" How i was able to fix the arm issue.
I uploaded photo tutorial. Click on the spoiler to see how to edit height.

I tried to edit your upload but even then there is still the bug in the arms, so I still tried in the Morphar's version. I usually edit in bone delta tool.

doll size but her legs are bent weirdly

Changed one of my other Sims' height. Shortest she got though compared to Liling. Sims alright short will be doll size upon editing a short slider. So the same with the tall slider but the opposite (giant)

Wtf? Sims have doll and giant size? This is so funny, I want to make they shorter but I don't want to exaggerate it.

The cat attacking her was pretty hilarious.

Speaking about pets, I hope this mod doesn't end up working in pets too, because that's too much and if I pet born with a random height we can't change it because they aren't controllable. Maybe in the future I'll do a height mod exclusively for cats and dogs.

Thank you so much for helping me.
Instructor
#608 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 6:48 AM
I tried to edit your upload but even then there is still the bug in the arms.

Did you test the slider in game first? Have you tested it with one of your other Sims you haven't changed the height to previously. Editing a slider will affect previously tall and short Sims. They will be bugged out. Why Liling was doll size and the other Sim didn't get that small.

Got this from Here:
"Offset will move the bone, scale will resize it. X is up/down Z is left/right, Y is forward/backward"
Test Subject
#609 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 6:56 AM Last edited by GuilhermeSchilling : 12th Nov 2017 at 7:08 AM.
Did you test the slider in game first? Have you tested it with one of your other Sims you haven't changed the height to previously. Editing a slider will affect previously tall and short Sims. They will be bugged out. Why My Liling Sim was doll size and the other Sim didn't get that short.

I have tested in CAS with the tallest of my sims as far as I remember. I already had the original version by simmythesim when I made the cheat with him. Tomorrow I'll test in game.
Instructor
#610 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 7:20 AM Last edited by Manderz0630 : 12th Nov 2017 at 8:17 AM.
I have tested in CAS with the tallest of my sims as far as I remember. I already had the original version by simmythesim when I made the cheat with him. Tomorrow I'll test in game.

Do you by chance have another outdated height slider in your mod folder somewhere? Could be why you're getting the arm bug with the one I uploaded. I tested it in game with one of my other Sims and had no issue with it.

I have made progress with the short slider. The arms are no longer glitching through the body.
Test Subject
#611 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 5:49 PM Last edited by GuilhermeSchilling : 12th Nov 2017 at 6:56 PM.
Do you by chance have another outdated height slider in your mod folder somewhere? Could be why you're getting the arm bug with the one I uploaded. I tested it in game with one of my other Sims and had no issue with it.

I have made progress with the short slider. The arms are no longer glitching through the body.

I only have the version of Morphan I edited. I think I have this bug when I edit it to have more heights. I tested the mod in game and my tall sims are floating on seats and my short sims are crossing it. Are you using the mod I edited with more heights?
Instructor
#612 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 7:53 PM Last edited by Manderz0630 : 12th Nov 2017 at 11:04 PM.
I only have the version of Morphan I edited. I think I have this bug when I edit it to have more heights. I tested the mod in game and my tall sims are floating on seats and my short sims are crossing it. Are you using the mod I edited with more heights?

Sims that are short and tall are going to float or clip through chairs, beds, and sofas. The meshes were made for Sims the default height. If you want the sims to sit correctly you would need to edit the animation in blender or edit the chairs, beds , and sofas or create custom chairs for them.
I messed with the height slider the was uneditied.

Edit:
Test Subject
#613 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 12:10 AM
Does anyone here notice that tall sims float over chairs when sitting down, and that very short sims sink through chairs when sitting down?
No one here has even mentioned this issue yet but me. Its so annoying.
Instructor
#614 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 12:31 AM Last edited by Manderz0630 : 13th Nov 2017 at 1:36 AM.
Quote from the post above yours:
Quote:
Sims that are short and tall are going to float or clip through chairs, beds, and sofas. The meshes were made for Sims the default height.

The siting issue can not be fix. The only way to not have that issue is to not change the Sims' height. Not trying to sound mean, but it's something you will have to learn how to get used to, and deal with if you want your Sims not to be the default height. The seating devices are made for Sims that are default height and I'm sure if you remesh the chairs and seating device or edit the animations in Blender and some how make a Mod that test the height of each of the Sims when they sit. Or create custom seating devices for them (Chairs , Benches , beds , Couches ....etc)

Edit: I won't recommend batch fixing your custom content with the "cc Pet Patch fix" with Sims 4 studio it causes the arm issue to return. I had to delete all my custom content out and stuck re-hunting it all down.
Lab Assistant
#615 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 2:53 PM
The files I'm using work perfectly. I got them from my cousin so I've no idea what they are but they work with both pets and toddlers and no funny arms. You pull their feet for adults and teens. I don't alter the height of other ages so they may not work. Just looked and I have cmar height slider in cas feet plus height slider short and height slider tall dated March 2017. Also a slider script dated June 2017.
Test Subject
#616 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 5:41 PM Last edited by GuilhermeSchilling : 13th Nov 2017 at 5:51 PM.
Sims that are short and tall are going to float or clip through chairs, beds, and sofas. The meshes were made for Sims the default height. If you want the sims to sit correctly you would need to edit the animation in blender or edit the chairs, beds , and sofas or create custom chairs for them.
I messed with the height slider the was uneditied.

Edit:

I don't know how to change the siting animation accordiing to height. Can someone help me to fix it please? Besides that, other animations also need to be fixed, such as children playing in the monkey bars.
Instructor
#617 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 8:35 PM
I recommend thoses who batch fix their custom content with the "cc pet patch fix" with Sims 4 studio to use Morphar's download height post #574
The ones that didn't batch fix with Sims 4 studio, use the one I uploaded. post #602.
Test Subject
#618 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 11:19 PM
Is there a way to fix the bent legs on short children? thanks.
Instructor
#619 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 2:14 AM Last edited by Manderz0630 : 14th Nov 2017 at 9:20 AM.
You will have to resize the R_thigh_compress and L_Thigh_Compress or you can resize the L_Calf and R_Calf. I'm not sure I haven't tested it with children Sims.

Edit - 11/14/2017: Yes. Click on the spoiler to see.

Edit - 11/13/2017:
I'm working on the short Slider now, Sadly I would have to start over with the Tall slider. Batch fixing the "custom content pet patch" with Sims 4 studio messed both of the Sliders for me and caused the issue with the arms bending through the bodies to return. Even without Custom Content the issue preexcited still.
Test Subject
#620 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 10:22 PM
Before finishing the mod, I made some changes and I need help to fix the the Growth Height mod, I'm not sure it's causing the bugs in the arms. I also need to fix animations in my new update. It's almost done.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Height Slider Mod.zip (11.0 KB, 245 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#621 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 1:57 PM
Guilherme I can't seem to make your height slider mod working. I have scripting mods enabled, went in live mode, did add_slider Height 80, and nothing changed. Is the mod broken in the pet expansion?
Test Subject
#622 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 4:11 PM Last edited by GuilhermeSchilling : 17th Nov 2017 at 4:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Varkarrus1
Guilherme I can't seem to make your height slider mod working. I have scripting mods enabled, went in live mode, did add_slider Height 80, and nothing changed. Is the mod broken in the pet expansion?

Sorry, I don't know how to fix scripts, I just downloaded the fix by Ash77 #392
Test Subject
#623 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 12:42 PM
maybe im a dummy or maybe it's just way too early in the morning for this, but what's the order for the sliders to be downloaded to fix them? i THINK i used sims 4 studio to batch fix cc for the pets ep??? and i've been using
Code:
AddSimSlider.ts4script
Slider_Scripts.ts4script
cmar_HeightSlider_in_CAS_Feet.package
Height_Slider_Short.package
Height_Slider_Tall.package
Neck_Slider.package

(i added most of the underscores myself) and in the past couple days i've been gettings errors (logged to the LastException txt doc) and i'm fairly certain it's the height sliders (i opened it up in notepad++ and im pretty sure that's what it is but i havent checked yet)

so yeah tl;dr whats the order for downloading the slider fixes. (i am very tired)
Instructor
#624 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 7:13 PM Last edited by Manderz0630 : 18th Nov 2017 at 7:56 PM.
I also patched fixed my Custom Content as well and I'm using the fix version by Morphan's you can grab it in post #598.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...960#post5296960
And Cmar's height Mod http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...255#post5231255

I think it might be the addsimslider.script.ts4 might be causing the error logs? I don't have that script.
Test Subject
#625 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:45 AM
Which height slider files should be used or are updated for pets? I'm a bit confused.
Page 25 of 44