Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#276 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fraroc
I'm just saying, I adore the story, and I'm actually fine with the sex, I just don't want it to seem like she's prostituting herself because of Nathan's absence.

But the story is not about what you want, it's about who Mellisa is and what she's doing, and if that's what she seems to be doing then we just have to sit back and watch.
She may be a character but that doesn't mean she's flawless. She has a personality and a past and the writer is making her decisions reflect that.

People do what Mellisa is doing every day, but you can't just stop it. The most we can do as readers is hope things get better for her and she starts making the right decisions.

---

Great update!! :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 10:17 PM
I'm also hoping that Melissa turns her life around. However, I think given her experiences she seems to be making choices that reflect where she's been thus far. I've known a few Melissas in my life. Change is hard to hold and utilize for growth. Rooting for a character to turn things around is probably one of the main draws of a story like this.
Field Researcher
#278 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 9:53 AM
I just read the entire story! Thoroughly enjoyable Looking forward to the next update.
Theorist
#279 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nainai
Also, what happened to Mel's sister? Is she going to re-enter her life?

I was hoping her sister would be back at some point too. I imagine she will be though, seeing as Melissa will probably keep in touch with her.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#280 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 3:05 AM Last edited by surfer85 : 11th May 2014 at 2:22 AM.
Default Chapter 26 - January 1969
Massive update for you guys - I'm dropping a whole chapter right on your face. SPLAT!

I'm trying out a new art style - namely, I'm trying out a new filter. I haven't decided whether or not I like this new style or my "classic" style better, so I need your feedback, everyone.

Test Subject
#281 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 11:43 AM
I prefer the new filters, because the colors are more vibrant and I can see more details now(the glossy hair, the skin, etc.). Now it is clear how beautiful Melissa really is (though her character has huge flaws) and Rebecca looks much better either. And I like it how you expressed Melissas depression in black and white (drastic contrasts).
Field Researcher
#282 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 4:07 PM
Very nice chapter!
I hope she'll carry on and develop her OWN style She deserves it. I think one day mrs.Hancroft's paintings will be known worlwide :D
I'm still a little affraid about all the boys Melissa spends time with - I have no idea how would she be happy in the future with Nathan if he came back. It won't be the same
They were many people who were famous because of what they did (painter, writers etc.) but their personal life was broken. Melissa's going to be one of them.
But it's still only MY own prediction.

I like the new techinque of editing screens. Imo the old didn't need to be changed, but if it makes you feel better, it's nothing wrong
Test Subject
#283 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 9:07 PM
I have a silly question surfer85, what program are you using to edit your photos? :3
Instructor
#284 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 9:16 PM
I love this chapter so much.....But the thing is, I don't really like how when the art dealer called her art worthless and insulted her, she should have stood up for herself and said

"Listen here! I don't exactly care about your opinion, but the important thing is that I think that my art is amazing and original and if you can't see that, well then you can go shove your head back up your ass where it belongs!!You son-of-a-bitch!!"

I would have done the same exact thing, some people let insults get to them, but I brush them off and stand up for myself, even if it means saying horrible things.
Forum Resident
#285 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 11:31 AM
Just catch up. Can't help but love this.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Test Subject
#286 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 3:48 AM
Great...
Mad Poster
#287 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 7:20 AM
I like the filter a lot more than the old one, it seems like it envokes a "change of times" like they did with other real comic books.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Inventor
#288 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 6:00 PM
*patiently waits for update*

:P
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#289 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 4:22 AM
Also waiting for an update! I hope Melissa finds her voice. It seems that she has a lot of thought invested in WHY she wants to paint but, to me, it seems more like a mental thing than a passion thing. Like people have constantly told her how good she is and she has spent time riding on her talent and feeling like it is what she is good at but doesn't have a love of the art itself. Just my opinion! Does she get letters from Nathan? How is he? As much as I want him to come home, I don't want his heart to be devastated after what he might have been through overseas. Look forward to finding out where things go!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Theorist
#290 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 9:34 PM
I liked the black and white effects to demonstrate Melissa's depression too. Perhaps Melissa will put some of her feelings into her art.
And Errol seems sweet! Perhaps he'll turn out to be a good choice finally!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#291 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 4:37 AM
Sorry about the long wait for the next update, everyone. This month has been somewhat hectic for me, and this story has taken a backseat to everything else. This week, however, I have a lot of free time, so I'll be posting a new chapter by this weekend. I've already taken about 75% of the screenshots for it, so it'll be no problem finishing it by then.

And thanks for the comments on the last chapter, everyone. I appreciate every single one. :lovestruc
Inventor
#292 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 9:27 AM
YAY!!

And no need to be sorry :P
We know you have a life outside sims! lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#293 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 7:49 PM
Default Chapter 27 - July 1969
NOTE: The song featured in this chapter is adapted from a song called "Melissa's Song" by Jon Windle.

Test Subject
#294 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 9:31 PM
I was just wondering if maybe we could have a little update on Nate? I'm just wondering what's up with him, when he'll come back and be like 'D: MELISSA, YOU LIAR!'

I am a nice shark. Not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. FISH ARE FRIENDS, NOT FOOD!
Inventor
#295 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Erin2341
I was just wondering if maybe we could have a little update on Nate? I'm just wondering what's up with him, when he'll come back and be like 'D: MELISSA, YOU LIAR!'

Maybe he's dead... Maybe he'll come back a decorated officer! And then he'll wait for Melissa just like he did when he was a teen. Watch a few of her relationships fall apart, have a few children, and then swoop in when he has the chance... Just to get crapped on again.
Field Researcher
#296 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 3:26 PM
Huh, her art is.. strange. Something like a new kind of "self portrait" - an one presenting the whole body. What about the future viewers of it? Does Melissa really want to show herself as an artist in this way? For me it's rather disgusting and makes me think that she isn't as mentally OK as I thought before.
And now I realized that she'll never be truly happy in her life Probably she won't feel what REAL love is. And she won't be happy with Nathan even if he returns
Anyway I love the story

Can you please censor some parts of the pictures next time?
Forum Resident
#297 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 7:30 PM
Yay she is back..... even if I want to kick her lol. Thanks surfer - you amaze me

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Theorist
#298 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 8:35 PM
I love how she one moment she was worrying about her GPA and next thing you know she's put that completely out of her head because of a guy! But it is good to see she's finding her artistic style.

Inventor
#299 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 10:52 PM
I've been internet-less for around a month - I expected to come back and have loads to catch up on!

Not disappointed though, as I know it'll be here eventually!! Surfer wouldn't forget about us!! :P
Lab Assistant
#300 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 3:50 AM
Her self-portrait is stunning, I'm glad she finally found her voice...maybe lol. Knowing Melissa, she might change. As for censoring the photos, I think that would actually take away from the story. The semi-nudity is very classy and not raunchy. Keep it up, surfer! We're all waiting on the tips of our toes for the next update! I hope Nathan comes back soon and I hope he and Melissa can make it work. They deserve each other.
Page 12 of 14