Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 6:55 AM
Default Why doesn't roof show over cut away floor?
I built a three story house with cut out area in the 2nd story floor. There is a roof and full ceiling on the top floor but when looking up from the 1st floor through the floor cut out Instead of seeing the top floor ceiling I see the sky. Anyway to change this?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 10:00 AM
That drives me nuts, I don't think there's anything we can do about that. I remember someone talking about this when we first got the base game last year.

The only way you could go to not see it would be to not use the tool to take you down to the first floor, to leave the second floor up, but it's impossible to play like that due to the bounce
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 3:13 PM
Fluttereyes, thanks for getting back to me. I was afraid there'd be no solution to this.
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 3:31 PM
What I found is a great solution to problems like this is the flat roof tool. Place your flat roof over everything, then add your roof on top of that. I use it for my covered decks on the second floor of my houses. Hope it can help!
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heatherbearx
What I found is a great solution to problems like this is the flat roof tool. Place your flat roof over everything, then add your roof on top of that. I use it for my covered decks on the second floor of my houses. Hope it can help!

Flat roofs help give you a ceiling but not over where there is a cutaway floor. It's so weird, that.