Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 5:09 PM
Default "Can't extend pool"....why?
Howdy. For some reason whenever I try to build a pool, I get a tooltip that says "can't extend pool". I had originally placed a curved pool down, but I didn't like where it was located, so I wanted to move it around. Since deleting it, I am unable to place the curved parts, or straight parts at different places on the ground.

There are no basements on the lot and there is nothing placed to prevent it, so I really don't understand this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 12:11 AM
When I had troubles with my fountain I could place it from 2 different angle's to meet in the middle. Then it was ok. Another thing I did a lot was to use cfe to place the bits, but I usually had another message then.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 12:30 AM
One thing I noticed about deleting the curved pool parts is that sometimes a piece of ceiling tile will be left sticking up (you can only see it if you zoom in really close and angle the camera upward). Running the level terrain over the area usually fixes this, and allows more pool to be placed. The constrainfloorelevation cheat would have the same effect, as Volvenom mentioned.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 10:56 AM
I've had the ground stay in so the pool is covered by ground a few times. I found out I could just demolish the pieze and then undo the action.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 3:31 PM
Thanks, I'll give these hints a try.
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 2:45 AM
I used the constrainFloorElevation [true/false] command and I was able to build my pool.
dodgy builder
#7 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 10:24 AM
As this is your first, Don't wake up ancient threads. Unless you're actually adding something good. Patches has a tendency of fixing and ruining stuff, so what you're writing now adds nothing to what the OP could do 2 years ago. Using that cheat has also been mentioned already.

Welcome btw