Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 2:15 PM
Default How can I install packaged lots in an AnyGameStarter game?
I have trouble installing .sims2pack files.
When I'm trying to install them using TS2 Bodyshop Installer, they are installed into the "main" EA Games folder, not into the "AnyGame" EA Games folder.
Also Clean Installer, doesn't seem to read them at all.

Anybody knows something?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 7:33 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 10th May 2013 at 5:21 AM.
I'm not sure what you mean by "Clean Installer, doesn't seem to read them at all". If you'd like to give me a link to the Sims2Pack, I'd be happy to see whether I can find the problem.

I believe that there are several methods that you can use:

1) Install everything into your full game without running the game, then cut and paste all of the newly installed files into the appropriate locations in your AnyGame.

2) I believe that the AnyGameStarter has a "drag and drop" feature for CC. Please see the AnyGameStarter documentation for details.

3) If you want to install files into an AnyGame or PermaGame, but you usually want to install somewhere else:
First, make sure that you aren't using anything which relies on your Documents folder, since this will temporarily change the location of your Documents folder.

For an AnyGame, look in Documents\AnyGameStarter\AppFiles for a set of files with the .REG file extension. You should have a file named "Sims2_Full.reg" and one registry file per AnyGame: Sims2_AnyGame1.reg, Sims2_AnyGame2.reg, and Sims2_AnyGame3.reg.

To run the Clean Installer on an AnyGame:
1) Run the appropriate Sims2_AnyGame#.reg by double clicking on it and agreeing to let it modify your registry.
2) Run the Clean Installer.
3) When you are done, run Sims2_Full.reg to restore your registry to your standard full-game configuration, or just play the AnyGame.

For a PermaGame, look in your Documents\AnyPermaGame\<Perma Game folder>\AppFiles for two files with the .REG file extension. You should have a file named "Sims2_Full.reg" and a file named "Sims2_PermaGame.reg".

To run the Clean Installer on a PermaGame:
1) Run the appropriate Sims2_PermaGame.reg by double clicking on it and agreeing to let it modify your registry.
2) Run the Clean Installer.
3) When you are done, run Sims2_Full.reg to restore your registry to your standard full-game configuration, or just play the AnyGame.

After installing the Sims2_Full.reg file, the temporary relocation of your Documents folder is complete and you should be able to run everything normally.

4) If you want to normally install files into an AnyGame or PermaGame, then you can edit the S2PCI.ini file in the Sims2Pack Clean Installer installation directory and add your AnyGame The Sims 2 folder to the line: SaveGamePath=""

For example, if I wanted to install into my AnyGame1, I would change the line:
SaveGamePath=""
to:
SaveGamePath="C:\My Documents\AnyGameStarter\AnyGame1\EA Games\The Sims 2"

Note that you must use the correct path for your specific AnyGame.