Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 7:27 PM
Default CAS Room in CAW?
Hi,

Sorry if this question is redundant but what exactly is the CAS room used for in CAW under Enviroment? I tried placing one on flat ground but half the floor would'nt show. I don't see any doors, as it is all walled in and it generally looks like a piece of crap. I guess I had this assumption that sims could walk right off the street into CAS.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 7:44 PM
Hope someone has some insight here cause I was wondering the same thing!

~ Nyn ~
Forum Resident
#3 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 7:50 PM
I did even know it was in there. It sure is piece of dodo and I haven't a clue what it could be used for. Wait, maybe I do. Can you go into Edit in Game with it? If can you could redecorate it to match the theme of your world. I don't think it is only meant to be placed in order to edit it. I'll go test my theory and get back to you.

Edit:
I couldn't get into Edit in Game with the CAS room in place so I can't test my idea, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me. Then again EA can do some nonsensical things.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Theorist
#4 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 8:07 PM
I remember hearing that you can use it to make a custom CAS screen for your world let me see if I can find that.....

Edit: Sorry I can't seem to find it...... But yeah it has something to do with custom CAS screens for your world, hopefully someone else knows where that post is

Hi I'm Paul!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 8:16 PM
The CAS screen isn't an actual "room" in the traditional sense of walls built on a lot and objects placed into it, like it was in TS2. It's just a whole solid object, with pre-determined textures that aren't CASTed - the view outside the window is fake too - a plane textured to look like a landscape. No idea why it shows up in CAW but I can't imagine you could use it to redesign what is a solid mesh... I'd -love- someone to prove me wrong though.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Banned
#6 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 8:30 PM
You cant do anything to it. CAST it, pick it up, anything.

It is, however, interesting to look at.

Things to note: Potted plant and picture above it are not in game, there are magazines on the table that are not in game, the floor is at an angle not even possible in-game, and the image outside the window is mirrored for some reason.

#7 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 8:40 PM
Weird.

Did anyone ELSE notice that the table`s glass top is misplaced?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Theorist
#8 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 10:54 PM
I guess I'm mistaken.....

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 3:59 AM
Wow yeah, thanks for the insight everyone. It's like a room out of the twilight zone - it's skewed and disoriented and the glass on the table is just bizaar lol. Ah well, another sim dream dashed.