Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 4:46 PM
Default Lot size
Maybe this is a stupid question...but I need to know if is possible to define the size of the lot.
if I want a lot with 30x20 and not 33x21...how I do that?
Please help!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 5:20 PM
Look down in the bottom right corner when you're dragging out the lot size. You'll see the size there. Make sure to turn grid mode on when creating lots and roads, too!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 5:21 PM
If a lot is pre-made you cannot make it smaller. Made lots can be made bigger but not smaller.

If you want to make a new lot in CAW. just drag out the lot to the size you want.

I'd like to build a world, a better world.
Guess I'll start here...
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 5:20 PM
Theorist
#5 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 8:12 PM
On a lot of systems for some reason it does not show the little counter of how far you are dragging it out, if you have that problem here's how I do it.........

First turn on grid mode, then simply make a lot that just encompasses ONE of the boxes, look and see what the dimensions are then delete the lot, you have to simply use some simple algebra to get the lot size you wish, for example if you want a 60x60 lot and when you did the one box thing you got 4x4 you would need to count out 15 squares (And then depending on how far out you are 2x2=30 1x1= 60 and so forth)

Hi I'm Paul!
Instructor
#6 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Look down in the bottom right corner when you're dragging out the lot size. You'll see the size there.

D'oh. How did I miss that? My eyes are now permanently cross-eyed from counting little squares, for no reason at all.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 12:56 PM
lol I had this problem too! I was counting all those little squares and giving myself a head ache!

You have to have CAW open to full screen for the little numbers to show up on the bottom right though. My CAW opens to a smaller screen and I couldn't figure out why I didn't have them duh!

~ Nyn ~