Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 2:15 PM Last edited by nathanglover92 : 15th Feb 2010 at 2:45 PM. Reason: pictures
Default Florenica neighbourhood- ideas please ?
i have lately been walking on a neighbourhood which is themed around an italian style village. It is a large map which when finished will have several little towns and many villas etc dotted around the edges.

i have finished one half and i am just putting the lots in and building ideas. I was wondering what ideas people have for buildings i could make that would match the italian style theme.

when this is finished i will be freely passing this neighbourhood on so if you like how it's looking then please do tell me if you would like the finished product.

please and thankyou :D

Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 4:23 PM
Maybe you could get some ideas here? http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=390936

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 4:30 PM
thanks i have looked here before and they have gave me some good ideas lol .. what i am really looking for is like ideas for landscape, interesting features etc.
Theorist
#4 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 5:19 PM
Ahh, Do you have WA? A winery would be really good, I think it looks amazing so far

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 5:36 PM
yeah i have WA .. and yeah a winery i like that idea i will get to it. Thanks i have almost finished completely doing the landscape i will post pics of the other side of the river when i have completed it. I am currently making a sort of old english fort where it is built on a mound. its looking good
Forum Resident
#6 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 5:56 PM
How about a HUGE church?

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 5:58 PM
it looks good - I really love the cathedral! and the walled river.

do you have some pics that show a bit more of your world? would help for giving suggestions

~ Nyn ~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 6:04 PM
not yet bt i will get right on taking some pictures. i was about to get to work on making a mountain tomb which i will take a picture of when it's finished, well the exterior anyways.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 6:49 PM
Here is a few more images of my neighbourhood. Most of these pictures are of features still under construction and aren't 100% completed, but they will give you the general idea.

Mountain Tomb/Cemetary.

Island ruins. I do not know how i am goin to get to here if i decide to create a lot for treasure etc. I read on another thread that it freezes up when you try to get to islands. Help anyone ?

mound fort. based around old english forts from around 1066 period.
Theorist
#10 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 11:04 PM
Could you use a divewell? Like make it connected to another tomb? I'm 97% sure that a tomb in France does this (Get to the island by divewell)

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 11:20 PM
hmmmm that is a good idea.. how do i make the dive well opporate so it will transport the sim to the island

i have finally finished placing lots, modelling terrain etc now i just need to build the lots and i am finished :D
Forum Resident
#12 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 11:28 PM
I really like those island ruins. It would be great if you can get the dive well idea to work.

Theorist
#13 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 12:24 AM
I'm pretty sure that when your on the "tomb coding menu thing" (Not sure what to call that >,<) look for "Uber Dive Well" I'm pretty sure once you turn it into a uber dive well you simply have to name the two wells the same thing and it will work

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 12:56 AM
i found a tutorial on the internet for how to do it and i have done so thanks i have attached the well from the mountain tomb to this island and i have added an underground hidden tomb to the island. also the first dive well is hidden quite well thanks to the tomb making tools so it is going to be fun to find it for people using this neighbourhood lol

Forum Resident
#15 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 1:27 AM
Way Cool!!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 9:00 PM
update on my neighbourhood. i have went back and remodelled alot of the terrain etc so the roads run moe smoothly. also i have changed the look of the island ruins so hope it all looks better to you guys. will post pictures when i get the chance to lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 4:39 AM
update: i just tested the dive well idea to see if it would work and i am glad to say it indeed did work.

here is the plucky adventurer entering one dive well

and here he is emerging from the other side on the island :D

my test did show i have some issues with routing etc as the man walked up the side of a cliff and didnt take the road lol
Field Researcher
#18 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 8:09 AM
I LOVE the ruins!! and that dive well looks really cool

~ Nyn ~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 2:58 PM
thanks, i am over the moon that it worked and it doesnt freeze or anything. i was on the other side of the world in like 1 second flat lol :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:42 PM
update: lately i have been working on improving the terrain because it was to be honest boring lol so here is my first before and after shot.

mountain tomb before change..

..now a mountain city :D

what you guys think ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:48 PM
hmm in that first pic the tomb actually hasnt shown lol so where it is a light brown picture there being sim abdumbel or what ever its called lol