Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 2:25 AM
Default Rotating Entire World - Camera
Hey guys,

Just wondering what the camera controls for rotating the entire world are... I looked in the manuals for CAW and the only stuff in there is zooming and moving on the x/y axis.... I'm trying to terraform and need an indication of depth and I can't get that from a "top-down" view that I can't rotate.

I've tried standard 3D imaging program defaults like 3DS Max and Maya and nothing I do has an effect. It's probably pretty simple but help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 2:46 AM
These are the only ones I've found so far, are they the ones you found too?

You can use the "<" and ">" buttons on the keyboard to rotate.

Press the "Ctl" button while dragging the mouse and you can move up and down, and even go underwater.

One camera control I haven't found yet is a true top down view. Which is what I would prefer when painting terrain.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 8:13 AM
Ahah! Thank you

And I believe I can help you too.... On the numpad if you press 8 or 2, it moves the camera along the y-axis so you can have a top down view.

Thanks for your help!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 8:56 PM
Yay! That works great. I never would have thought to try the numpad. That makes things a lot easier.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 7:23 PM
try middle button on your mouse