Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:23 AM Last edited by uranoxyd : 1st Jul 2009 at 5:44 AM.
Default Machinima & StateMachineClient
Grüßditsch Folks,

(sorry for the awful/foobar english)

I'm loving to create machinima stuff with the sims in this case i'm trying for some time creating a mod to implement with which it is possible for me to play some interaction / animations, no matter whether they are fit for the situation or not. I think that I am at the point StateMachineClient is not wrong, but unfortunately, even after prolonged study of the source code of the GamplaySystems assembly, the StateMachineClient stay to be a mystery for me and all trys in this direction fail.

Can someone explain me how the routines go, or can - thats that whats help me most - someone send me a pice of sourcecode thats like a console command callback thats play a specific interaction/animation (whats the word?) In C# or VB.net or pseudo code - this makes no difference (VB is more my lang.)

i mean something like:
Code:
Private Shared Function OnPlayAnimation(parameters As Object()) As Integer
    Dim actor As Sim = Sim.FindSim((TryCast(parameters(0), String) & " " & TryCast(parameters(1), String)))
    Dim animName As String = TryCast(parameters(2), String)
    '... ????
End Function

P.S. Thanks to Delphy wo gives me the Backbone the write here, although my english is like a frog on the highway :--)

Regards
David

Sims: sims.uranoxyd.de
Music: www.uranoxyd.de
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:50 AM
I think an easier thing to look into would be to "enable" the interactions for any situation - in other words, remove the requirements for playing / doing them. These are most likely within the XML tuning files rather than in the DLL assemblies.

Just as an aside, those 2 links at the bottom should probably go into your sig.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.