Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#201 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 12:56 PM Last edited by anabel909 : 19th Dec 2009 at 1:07 PM.
how can you also use it for mac?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#202 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 6:24 PM
I Bow To You
I bow down endlessly to you. I wanted to uninstall all my games, but lost my Seasons code. You are a lifesaver. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Test Subject
#203 Old 13th May 2010 at 1:43 AM
Default Help!
I have all my sims 2 games on my old computer and now I'm trying to move them to my new one. But on two of my favorite expansions packs, my little brother destroyed the manual. So can I use this program to get the keys from my old one and copy them to my new computer?
Site Helper
#204 Old 13th May 2010 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XMenFreak922
I have all my sims 2 games on my old computer and now I'm trying to move them to my new one. But on two of my favorite expansions packs, my little brother destroyed the manual. So can I use this program to get the keys from my old one and copy them to my new computer?
Yes, that's what the program is designed to do.
Test Subject
#205 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 8:47 PM
I just spent 2 days looking for my apartment life case so I could reinstall my games... wish I woulda found this sooner LOL but I just printed off all my codes for the next time - so thanks!
Lab Assistant
#206 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 2:35 PM
This is cool and I thank you however, I need more help. My game quit working and now I know why. Used the utility and found 14 of my serial numbers but two very important were missing. The Sims2 and Mansion and Garden Stuff. I have both of these serial numbers but they are not in my registry. How can I enter them without reinstalling the program ??
Test Subject
Original Poster
#207 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 6:28 PM
Hi Silver,
After installation (as far as I can tell) the serial numbers are never read again - except to register the game. So I don't expect putting them back will make your game work again. But hey, no harm in trying!

If you're confident, you can either enter the missing serial numbers directly into the registry - simply make new folders and keys following the same format as the other games and their serial numbers.

Alternatively, there is a small program, included with at least the early games, that actually does the business of writing to the registry during installation. If you can find this executable in your game files, maybe on your disc, then that will allow you to enter your serial number exactly as if you were installing your game - only you're not! I don't have access to a computer with Sims 2 on it currently, so I'm afraid a passing person will have to step in if you need help locating said executable.

Good luck!
Test Subject
#208 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 6:05 AM
Are you going to update this program soon?
You've done a great job. This program saved me a LOT of digging every time I messed up my game or my pc and had to reinstall everything. Having all my numbers in 1 place is a lifesaver!
It obviously picks up all my Sims 2 games, but it seems to only pick up the Sims 3 base game.
Are you planning to update it to pick up the EPs and SPs for the Sims 3?
Lab Assistant
#209 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 1:55 PM Last edited by humming-fli : 2nd Mar 2011 at 2:14 PM. Reason: Just putting in some screenshots :)
You really saved my sims with this before when I needed to re-install my Sims 2 on my old computer and found that my Base game book had gone missing. I still haven't found that book so thanks to you, I now can safely have Sims 2 back on my computer.

I decided to test out your beta version just for feedback purposes as I got a new computer not long ago and it has Windows 7 64bit. I don't have any expansion packs for Sims 3 yet so sorry I couldn't test that. I don't like Sims 3, long live Sims 2!

Here are some screenshots
Screenshots

Just a lurker lurking through... mostly.

Sometimes I'm more interested in Sims than others, so I tend to disappear and reappear at random.
Test Subject
#210 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 8:45 PM
This is really helpfull But Its not coming up with my OFB?
Test Subject
#211 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 8:48 AM
YES!!!! my parents threw away all of my game manuals recently!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! <3
Test Subject
#212 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 4:14 AM
HEY, I was wondering, i havent installd sims 2 on my computr bcause i lost my serial code so will th program work finding my code on the cd????? plz reply
Site Helper
#213 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by playerhonda920
HEY, I was wondering, i havent installd sims 2 on my computr bcause i lost my serial code so will th program work finding my code on the cd????? plz reply
No. The program can only find the serial code for installed games.
Test Subject
#214 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 5:50 PM
Hi. Don't know if you're still checking this thread, but thank you for your programme. I've just got a new PC and am now suffering from lost manual syndrome on a couple of my expansion packs. You are a life saver (Well, Seasons and Teen Style).

Thank you :-)
Page 9 of 9