Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 7:45 PM
I know I probably seem extremely stupid but...

uh how do you use this?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 2:44 AM
what is the Drawing tab for in the spreadsheet? It doesn't look like it does anything
Instructor
#28 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 11:58 AM
That's a really awesome tool!
Test Subject
#29 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dancinintharain77
Ah I somehow got it to workj on microsoft works spreadsheet. not exactly sure how I did ut I can tell you what I did do that may have made it work.
I went in to notepad and saved it as Simhouse1.xls (xls seemed to be one of teh files you can load in spreadsheet) and then I had to open it within the spreadsheet program. If you look under the .xl files...both should actually appear (I made the .xlsa new file) I ahev no idea if this is helpful...but I figured there's no harm in posting it. By the way thank you this is awesome!

i just choose program and word spreedsheet opened just fine

suzanne
Test Subject
#30 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:56 PM
Thanks, it really make my life easier.

Andrew
Test Subject
#31 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meoni♥
I know I probably seem extremely stupid but...

uh how do you use this?

i wish i knew. some please help!

suzanne
Test Subject
#32 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 11:54 PM
How does this work.....
Test Subject
#33 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 2:20 AM
This is PERFECT for me! I love to build houses, but lack the creativity for it. I like to use house plans, but am never sastified with the size. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 9:14 PM
wow, i cant wait to try it either! i make houses from house plans all the time and sometimes i come up with either too much space or too little. if this works out, it will be so awsome. thanks!

My karma ran over your dogma...
Test Subject
#35 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 11:26 PM
Yeah...im only Sophmore geom...how do I work this.?

<x3Missi!
Test Subject
#36 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BabyYoteDalle
Yeah...im only Sophmore geom...how do I work this.?

Right, you know houseplans? Here's an example one.

As you can see, each room has some measurements in imperial (Dang Americans ).
So, let's examine the "Great room". It's 20'6" by 19'0". If you wanted to recreate this house in the Sims 2, it would necessitate a great deal of guess work, but this spreadsheet converts it into Sims units.
So, you just pop in the measurement of the x axis (side to side) with the y axis (up and down) in the relevant boxes. The spreadsheet then converts the measurement into decimal feet, and then into the nearest sim square! Et voĆ­la, you have the dimensions of each room. Rinse and repeat, so to speak.
See! No geometry involved.
Screenshots

Time for a.... PANIC ATTACK!!!! *Coughs! Splutters! Falls down dead!*
(For context of this random, strange siggy, go to the simslice forums)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#37 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 9:50 PM
ahahahahaa.... Too much dang, thinking-type work!. I just use a bed to measure out sim bedrooms and living room furniture and bathroom and kitchen furniture to measure out rooms. After all, that stuff has to fit and you get a better idea of what's playable in Sims2. Some of those house lot plans have to be modified anyway for sims stuff to fit and sims don't use closets anyway - you can stuff an armoire in the hole for it though...

"Dang Imperial Americans" lol... Hey! We got that measuring standard from some old English king... ??One of the Henry's?? I don't remember which one determined the length of an inch... I think it was some kind of nut? or was it 'Ye Royal Thumb'? lol So, blame it on the English! ol.
Test Subject
#39 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 6:39 PM
Even though this was a random encounter on MTS2, this is actually something I need like at this time as a matter of fact. I was going to do my house :]
Test Subject
#40 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 6:20 AM
Okay I downloaded this program and it's not letting me type in the spaces where I should be able to. What am I doing wrong here.?
Test Subject
#41 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 9:39 PM
from the house plan above in post 36--the following would be how you input the numbers...you put them in the white spaces not the grayed sections. The grayed sections tell you how many squares to make the room, so the dining room would be 5 X 4 squares while the kitchen is 4 X 5 squares, ect.

Page 2 of 2