Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Is this a tool you would are interested in?
Yes, I look forward to using this application
50 98.04%
No, don't waste your time on such a lame thing
1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Lab Assistant
#51 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 11:46 AM
I've tried everything, even sent the link to a friend, neither he can get the site to load, we've even tried to get in up to 15-20 times during 3 hours yesterday...
As I said, I got the program, so I won't be trying that site anymore, since there is a problem somewhere along the line.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#52 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 4:51 PM
It has to be your ISP, then. No problems from the UK, so the site is definitely working.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 9:47 AM
Okay, not much to do about it I guess, thanks anyway for your effort to help me.
Test Subject
#54 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 5:04 AM
I can't connect to the site as well. I'm from Singapore. Maybe the site doesn't allow connections from outside America? Could someone host the file on an external host like rapidshare? I've tried this for at least a month now..
Test Subject
#55 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 7:24 AM
I managed to download the Storytelling Album frm the ModtheSims2 site but whenever I tried to Save my work it says Save Operation Failed, LFA Update Failed. Same thing happens when I try Save As. I'm at my wits end..Help?
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 6:56 PM
Well this is really kewl. I had something like this back in the day but It somehow got lost and all it really did was allow one to view in *.xml format the photo album stories. It didn't have such features as you describe Roachandlazygirl. The main reason I ever wanted something like this is because I want to be able to keep my family stories progressive. When I have a family in the game that I move to another house their story/photo album does not follow them to their new house, nor is the old story even viewable from within the game. Essentially parts of a family's stories would get lost and essentially there was no way to string them together without a lot more trouble than it was worth even though the old program iused to use did find these game-lost stories and export them. I'm gunna try this out. It seems like it's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanx.

"Stirred sheep and whirreled peas don't mix. In order to mix these two things you would have to puree the sheep." -JoJo
Test Subject
#57 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 2:48 AM
I can't find my storybook...all it has is the basegame albums...HELP!
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 3:11 AM
I can't open my favorite album, which is very long. I get the message: "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range". I suspected it was because it was long, but when I try to shorten it down in notepad I get "Invalid filetype" or some other error when I open the edited file. I would prefer to not remove the pictures by hand in the game, one by one, until I have it in several parts. That would take a year. Is there anything I can do??

PS. I'm pretty sure I've edited the xml-file correctly, I looked at the pattern, how an entry starts and ends, and cut it off after </entry> (or something like that), so the ending looks like this:
</Entry>
<KeywordList/>
<UploadDescription><![CDATA[]]></UploadDescription>
</Album>
</ExchangeMetadata>
</StoryCreator>

I don't think I've done anything incorrect. But I have changed the filename some times because the album disappeared in-game so that's what I did to make it appear again. Is that the problem?
Test Subject
#59 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 10:44 PM
Hi,

I had a Run-Time Error 9, when i try to open a Storybook. What can i do?

Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 2:32 AM
Where is it now... 2017? Not one of the links is currently working.
Instructor
#61 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deathBYflies
Where is it now... 2017? Not one of the links is currently working.

I could download it with this link : http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=60033
However, I haven't tested it yet.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
I could download it with this link : http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=60033
However, I haven't tested it yet.

Thanks... I found it with no problems.
Page 3 of 3