Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 3:33 AM
another quick sim pe question :help:
if an article of clothing has two txtr files and you want to replace it with an article of clothing that only has one txtr file, how would you do that? i tried replacing both with the same one and i tried deleting one neither worked.....
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thislookskindacool
if an article of clothing has two txtr files and you want to replace it with an article of clothing that only has one txtr file, how would you do that? i tried replacing both with the same one and i tried deleting one neither worked.....

You need to point all your Material Definitions at the texture you want to use.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 7:10 AM
can u elaborate?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 7:21 AM
If you look at the details on a Material Definition (TXMT) you'll see that there's a line that tells it which material to use. You can change that line to point to a different texture by copy-pasting the value from another TXMT.

Though I'm kind of curious which clothing you're trying to do, and what the different TXTRs are for - usually there's only one main clothing texture and then any additional textures are usually bump maps or occasionally reflection maps, unless it's a multi-part alpha mesh.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 7:25 AM
the one im messing with has a bump map, i was thinking it was like a base of some sort because the background of the different textures are laid out different (ie the shoes are in a different place). the one outfit worked fine but it had both txtrs like the one i was replacing it with, when i tried to do it for a different outfit the colors where all over the place.....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 7:57 AM
WOOOOHOOOO got it, it was a silly mistake that took me well over an hour to find, i didnt replace one of the files that needed replacing. i dont know how you guys do it! this much trouble to replace a default outfit, i cant imaging what game modding entails, kudos!