Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 8:02 AM
Default Using SimPE to add families to vacation lots
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how to edit the 'Takemizu Village' vacation lot with SimPE so that families are allowed to live there?

Thanks alot for the help,
JollySam
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 11:53 PM
You can't have sims live in a vacation neighborhood. Have you moved this lot to a normal neighborhood? If so, what happens when you try to move a sim onto the lot?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
You can't have sims live in a vacation neighborhood. Have you moved this lot to a normal neighborhood? If so, what happens when you try to move a sim onto the lot?

Thanks for the reply, Mootilda.

Yes, I know. Moving families onto vacation lots is not usually possilble. When I enter the vacation lot, the 'families' button is greyed out. What I mean, is it possible to edit the neighbourhood files to allow familes to move there? How can I move the lot to a normal neighbourhood?
Site Helper
#4 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 3:51 PM
There's no way, that I know of, to allow sims to live in a vacation neighborhood; that includes using SimPE to fudge things.

First, you might want to backup your neighborhood, just in case the vacation lot contains hidden objects which make odd things happen. Then, you should be able to package your vacation lot and then install it into another neighborhood, just as you would do with any lot. If the lot isn't a residential lot, you can use the "changeLotZoning residential" cheat to change it to residential. If the lot doesn't have a mailbox and residential garbage can, you can download them here:
http://daydream.etowns.net/

Be sure to download the Lot Setup which is compatible with your latest EP.