Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 6:42 PM
Default Routing & "Include Steepness" problem/question.
I'm having a problem with CAW where as soon as I start to edit terrain, ie, raise land, flatten, smooth, etc, the "steepness" value goes red for the ENTIRE map. This includes completely flat areas and even areas where I haven't touched with any tool. This of course makes it very hard to check areas that I *have* touched for steepness..

This is the second map I've tried, the first ended up being scrapped as will happen. On that map, steepness seemed to work. The only difference is I used the mountainous terrain default on the first, and now I'm trying to start from flat terrain. Is there a trick I don't know about?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 6:52 PM
My routing opacity was a fiasco till I got a better computer with an up to date graphics card. How is your hardware?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
My routing opacity was a fiasco till I got a better computer with an up to date graphics card. How is your hardware?

Don't suspect hardware as this is doing this even on the smallest map, and it seemed to work the first time. Also I can see the various paints just fine (at a certain zoom level) including the red for steepness. Opacity seems to work also - it's just that EVERYTHING is red if I have "include steepness" turned on AFTER I do any editing now...

As far as hardware, I've got an AMD X2 4800+ with 4gb RAM, ATI 3870 video... so not top of the line today but hardly pathetic
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 2:16 AM Last edited by Will Galen : 18th Feb 2010 at 3:32 AM.
I've had problems with routing showing up when I didn't want it to.

I found out you can turn the routing opacity down until it completely disappears. It's the slider found under auto paint, in terrain editing tools.