Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 12:31 PM
Default Will my world be base game or WA compatible?
Hi,

I have been working on a world for a while, and just a few days ago bought and installed WA. I've not used any of the new WA stuff in my world, but now that I have WA installed, will my world require WA to play? Can I still upload it as base game or do I have to upload it as requiring WA?

Thanks!!

~ Nyn ~
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 12:35 PM
It will require WA to play, unfortunately, even if you use no WA objects - and it may not even say so at first... I created a very basic blank world with just a couple lots and roads, for testing/building purposes, and someone without WA couldn't use it more than once - I can't recall the exact issue but basically, it could only be opened/used once and after that it either wouldn't show up or would error. I installed just the base game on a separate laptop, so I could build base game worlds.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 1:35 PM
ah poo.. that's what I feared!!

oh well.. I suppose I might as well go ahead and add WA stuff to the world then!

Many thanks for the quick answer

~ Nyn ~
Banned
#4 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
It will require WA to play, unfortunately, even if you use no WA objects - and it may not even say so at first... I created a very basic blank world with just a couple lots and roads, for testing/building purposes, and someone without WA couldn't use it more than once - I can't recall the exact issue but basically, it could only be opened/used once and after that it either wouldn't show up or would error. I installed just the base game on a separate laptop, so I could build base game worlds.

I am *pretty* sure that's totally not true, as KiwiTea's Nua Simoa was made with WA installed. In fact, it initially contained tons of WA objects but had to be scaled back in an attempt to make it work properly, which is how hte non-WA version came about. Pretty sure.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
I am *pretty* sure that's totally not true, as KiwiTea's Nua Simoa was made with WA installed. In fact, it initially contained tons of WA objects but had to be scaled back in an attempt to make it work properly, which is how hte non-WA version came about. Pretty sure.

I am pretty sure what HP posted *is* true, because I happen to be the user she quotes. Also, there's a good reason that kiwi_tea made two versions of his world, and if you had read his threads, you'd know that one of them was made with WA and one without (where "without" == a complete reinstall and remake of the entire world -- he did NOT just remove a few objects).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.