Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 3:58 PM Last edited by Ahlaam21 : 8th Feb 2010 at 7:56 AM.
Default CAW CTD-Still an issue!
I have been working on a world that has several saves. I patched w/out paying attention, and since then (surprise!) I can't edit in game, OR export any of the saves to the game for editing. They load up WA fine, then at the "welcome to _land_" page it gets about 1/5 of the way across and CTD. Everything worked normally before patching, and regular worlds (Sunset Valley) still work fine now. The GAME works still, apparently.

Things I have done so far:
Clear caches
Move DCCache file
Take out all mods
Attempt to go back to earlier worlds/different worlds (no change)
Complete unistall and reinstall of game
Remove EADownload Manager

When I reinstalled the game, it only gave me the option to patch all the way up to 2.4. I have alot invested in the world I am creating, and I'd really like to save it if I can. Anyone have any ideas?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 4:16 PM
Have you tried downloading the patch you need somewhere else and not using the launcher?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 4:43 PM
You mean the current or previous patch? Either way, no. I was not aware I could get it somewhere else. Would that make a difference? It *should* be the same thing, I would think. I'm willing to try tho, if you point me in the right direction.
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 4:54 PM
I'd assume that if the new patch is messing you up then the old patch would fix it, but I can't be sure. If you've reinstalled and you haven't already updated via the launcher you should be able to just update up to the patch you had before you started having problems. You can download the old patches here. It's worth a shot.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 9:36 PM
When I reinstalled, the launcher automatically patched up to 2.4. So, I'll do it all again and try with the old patch you provided. Thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 7:59 AM
Ok, I completely uninstalled, reinstalled. Registry cleaned, deleted caches, moved DCCache folder, tried with and without mods. I patched up to 2.3. Now I get something about a "serious error, please start again" when I try to load up my world. Sunset Valley works. I can get into CAW and use it, but cannot edit in game still, and exported worlds don't work. Also, I noticed I have this error:
DasmX86Dll.dll not found

Please help! Everything worked perfectly fine before.
Banned
#7 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 8:03 AM
I had a similar issue...and the world was never salvaged. I am pretty sure anyone who has experienced this totally lost their world and never got it back. :\