Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 4:09 PM
Using google translator because i am not good at english (i'm froom Brazil)

I tried everything on that topic and basically nothing worked.

BUT EVERYTHING TOGETHER WAS RIGHT !!

First I'm in 2020 using windows 10 (this is already a problem for the sims2 naturally haha)

1- I installed HomeCrafter Plus from this link: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...al_Site_Archive

2- after installing I closed. I didn't run the program.

3- I opened the sims2 normally, after loading it quits the game.

4- I downloaded the Issanet file (it's here on the first page)

5- pasted and replaced the file in the HCBin folder of the HomeCrafter (right click on the program icon on the desktop and ask to open the file location and it will open the correct folder for you to paste and replace the Issanet file)

6- I tried to run this pasted file directly from the hCBin folder but it didn't work

7- I went to start and ran the program on it as an administrator and it took a while to open but it WORKED !!!!

I really hope everyone can and continue with their sims2 addictions (best the sims ever)

hugs to everyone !!!!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#127 Old 20th May 2020 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pamonhathe1
3- I opened the sims2 normally, after loading it quits the game.

6- I tried to run this pasted file directly from the hCBin folder but it didn't work

I find I have to have run the game each time before trying to load Homecrafter. This morning, I used the program (after playing yesterday), closed Homecrafter, remembered something else - and it wouldn't load any more. After running Sims2, it now loads fine again, from the exe in the HCBin folder.

Hope this may help someone else!
Mad Poster
#128 Old 20th May 2020 at 3:33 PM
I have Win10 and I'm running the UC. I just installed Homecrafter from the SimsWiki page, enabled 4GB (which I did to Bodyshop too, by the way), and had no problems getting HC to run. I didn't enable any compatibility modes or admin, or did any other trickery. Was pretty surprised, as I'd expected having issues.

HC seems to run fine from the icon or from the startup menu (by searching), whether or not I've started the game first - but it does spend some time loading in the task manager before it pops up. It's a bit like Bodyshop and the game - it spends less time loading if there's not too much CC to load, and if one of the three has already loaded up in a PC run cycle. If you've had your game open and you have 300 MB of CC it takes maybe 5 minutes, but if it's the first program you load and your game has 30+ GB of CC it's going to take a while...

(I had some pink-flashy issues with Bodyshop when lots of CC was involved, but did some fixing involving that latest addition to the GraphicRules to the CSBin files, which seems to have done the trick for Bodyshop. The same fixes might have done Homecrafter a favor or two, but they were applied at a later point, so I think Homecrafter did work without them).
Test Subject
#129 Old 27th Mar 2022 at 10:58 AM
Hello.
I try to download the HC from https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...al_Site_Archive but link doesn´t work. Someone else happens?
Thanks in advance.
PS: English is not my native language. I'm sorry if I don't express myself well.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#130 Old 27th Mar 2022 at 8:30 PM
@CoffeeKitty Probably your browser is blocking it as a security risk as the file is an executable. I can get it to download okay, but I had to tell my browser to allow security risk. Try this link instead, I zipped it up (you need 7zip to unzip it):
https://simfileshare.net/download/3069415/
Test Subject
#131 Old 15th Apr 2022 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@CoffeeKitty Probably your browser is blocking it as a security risk as the file is an executable. I can get it to download okay, but I had to tell my browser to allow security risk. Try this link instead, I zipped it up (you need 7zip to unzip it):
https://simfileshare.net/download/3069415/

@simsample Thank you so much!
Sorry if I've been late in responding. I haven't been here for days.
Page 6 of 6