Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#26 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 11:11 PM Last edited by 5M0K3 : 29th Nov 2011 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Curse my horrible English!
I have had SpyBot for some time now, I recently downloaded Malwarebytes, but neither of those are really "anti-viruses", right? They're more or less to remove the virus AFTER it's already infected the computer, right? As I said, AVG is telling me it's not free. Or at least it's showing me this:

Is Avast virus removing software or an anti-virus program that actively checks for viruses, and pretty much works "behind the scenes"?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 1:23 AM
Here. Just click Download Free Version towards the bottom.
AVG For EVA! ♥♥♥

CHOCKLAT.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 2:31 AM
I use symantec Endpoint, and it works insanely well, no viruses.. But I don't know if its free.

EDIT: not free... but its worth it...

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#29 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 3:53 PM
AVG and Avast! are both active monitoring protective programs, not just clean up afterwards programs.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Banned
#30 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 5:49 AM
Try norton
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
AVG is free and works great.

I have the free version of AVG, and I never got a virus... If you are looking to pay, SpywareDoctor works amazing on desktops.

"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert Heinlein
Field Researcher
#32 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 2:04 AM
I use Avast, and it has been great to me so far. I also use ComboFix, but that's a "clean-up-afterwards" program. It works great though, it picked up a lot of stuff that Avast didn't even notice, so I still scan with it every once in a while just to be safe. Only use it if you're somewhat computer-savvy though, because it can completely fuck up your computer if you don't use it correctly.
Page 2 of 2