Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 2:13 AM
How do you fix the flickering blue on the chrome and matte. I do not think you explained that.

Now known as CMW15
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 4:23 PM Last edited by willem81 : 24th Oct 2005 at 4:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by cwirsing
How do you fix the flickering blue on the chrome and matte. I do not think you explained that.

You need to add the matte-TXMT and chrome-TXMT manually. You can extract them from the "objects02.package" in C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 NL\TSData\Res\3D. You will need to change the names of this added TXMT's, and the references to the textures. See for more information this thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...hlight=flashing You can also use my Impreza as a reference.
This problem is solved allready in the QA version of Simpe.

Edit:
About Milkshape: click on the help-menu, then select about. There's a button "register".
Forum Resident
#28 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 9:07 PM
sorry, another question. On which of the 48 pages in the thread do I find Cevics post? I´m already on page nineteen, but I think it might be helpful for others too to know where to find it.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#29 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 11:05 PM Last edited by Numenor : 24th Oct 2005 at 11:13 PM.
I don't know if Willem81 can answer to this question, but I guess this is the best place to post it anyway...

The problem is about the fog effect that appears when making out or whoohoo-ing. If the new car mesh has the front glass in a different position than the original one (e.g. a longer car), the fog appears inside the car, instead of appearing on the glass.

I checked in the CRES to see if it was connected to a joint, but it isn't; only the head lights and tail lights are connected to joints: no mention at all about the fog effect.

Then I discovered that the fog effect is only referenced in the whoohoo and the makeout ANIM files, where is stated that the effect is connected to the left tail light joint.

I don't know how to edit the ANIM files, and I can't move the tail light joint (otherwise the light will be misplaced, so I've come to a dead end.

Is it possible to add a joint to a mesh? If I could add a second "tail light" joint, connected to the same bone, I could move them independently; only, I don't know how to add a joint to a mesh.

As an alternative, I could connect both tail light to the right tail light joint, so that the left joint could be freely moved along with the fog. I guess it should be possible with SimPE, but I'm not sure...

Any suggestions?

EDIT
Correction: the "tail light" effect and the "fog" effect are created into the same slot: they are not connected to the same joint. This means that I should add a slot, if only I could know what it is...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 11:47 PM
Default Please answer
I really like this tutorial, but my milkshape 3d when I start it says you seem to have registered this copy before it expired. Please run ms3d for at least 2 min. I leave the program running for atleast 2 hours and I try to save my work. Then it says this copy has expired. Could someone tell me waht to do. I really want to fininsh my car.

Could someone please answer my previous question. I really want to finish making the murciellago.

Now known as CMW15
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 4:44 PM Last edited by willem81 : 25th Oct 2005 at 4:50 PM.
Numeror:
I believe it's not possible to change the fog because it's an effect. The only thing you can do is make the fog disappear. I've been able to do this, thanks to Pinhead.

You need to clone with pull animations checked. You can delete all the anims except of the wohoo_anim and the makeout_anim. Inside the wohoo_anim and makeout_anim you need to change the effectName to a fictive name. I changed "EP2_fogSupersporscarNewFx" into "EP2_fogImprezaNewFx". After that there is no more wohoo fog.

The result is a bit disappointing: after the kissing the two sims will disappear for a while.

Pinhead talked about a possible way to get the two sims visable by editing some of the BHAV's. There is some kind of a hide function inside these BHAV's. But I have not tested this out yet.

Cwirsing:
I answered your problem in my previous post (post 27).

Bienchen:
Entschuldigung. There was a wrong link in my first post, it's updated now.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#32 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 9:04 PM
Maybe we could prevent the sims from disappearing, but there would be no animation, nevertheless...

Anyway, I finally managed to add a new slot to the car (I was the first to be surprised I could do it :D), and I've tied the effect to it; now I can move the fog coordinates without moving the tail light.
But there's another problem, that other car creators might be interested in knowing: the so-called "effect" is actually a real mesh, that clones exacly the windows of the original car: therefore, if you create a small car, you'll soon find that the fog effect will exceed the car's dimensions.
And we can't simply create a new mesh for the fog, because the CRES is called from within the FX (effect) file, that currently isn't supported by SimPE.

I had to work hard to tweak the fog dimension and position at best, and nevertheless the result isn't perfect. I will soon post my new ownable car, and we'll see what the downloders will comment about the fog effect.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Forum Resident
#33 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by willem81
Numeror:
I believe it's not possible to change the fog because it's an effect. The only thing you can do is make the fog disappear. I've been able to do this, thanks to Pinhead.

You need to clone with pull animations checked. You can delete all the anims except of the wohoo_anim and the makeout_anim. Inside the wohoo_anim and makeout_anim you need to change the effectName to a fictive name. I changed "EP2_fogSupersporscarNewFx" into "EP2_fogImprezaNewFx". After that there is no more wohoo fog.

The result is a bit disappointing: after the kissing the two sims will disappear for a while.

Pinhead talked about a possible way to get the two sims visable by editing some of the BHAV's. There is some kind of a hide function inside these BHAV's. But I have not tested this out yet.

Cwirsing:
I answered your problem in my previous post (post 27).

Bienchen:

No this is a different problem I already fixed that.

Now known as CMW15
Forum Resident
#34 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 12:32 PM
Numeror:
Bienchen:

Thanks for the correct link.

But I´ve got another stupid question. What is the QA Version of SimPE? And, even more important: where do I get it? :sorry:

Bienchen
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 4:30 PM Last edited by willem81 : 26th Oct 2005 at 4:38 PM.
Bienchen:
The QA version is a test version, so they are able to remove the bugs before they release a new SimPE version. You can get it in the forums on the SimPE website. But you don't need the QA version anymore. The new SimPE (v.50) is allready available.

Numeror:
You should have a look at Cevic's Porsche Carrera. He added a third GMDC containing the fog only. I'm not exactly sure in what way he got this to work because I can't handle the EffectList file in his package. Maybe you can find out?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#36 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 7:27 PM
Thanks for the heads up: I'll check that car and will let you know.

Forum Resident
#37 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 9:09 PM
thanks, Will. I´ve downloaded this version today, but I didn´t install it so far. This will make things much easier.

I´ve got a problem with the position of the wheels. The wheels themselves are fine in position but the flat circles on the sides (I really don´t know the English word for it, in German it´s Radkappen) are completely wrongly placed. Which of the CRES do I have to alter to fix thins?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 5:27 PM Last edited by willem81 : 27th Oct 2005 at 6:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by bienchen83
I´ve got a problem with the position of the wheels. The wheels themselves are fine in position but the flat circles on the sides (I really don´t know the English word for it, in German it´s Radkappen) are completely wrongly placed. Which of the CRES do I have to alter to fix thins?

Radkappen = Radkapsel ?

You need to make sure the "Radkappen" are assigned to the joints for the wheels. You have to assign the entire wheel (tire, rims, etc.) to these joints. Doing that should solve your problem.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 7:26 PM
Radkappen = Radkapsel ?

You need to make sure the "Radkappen" are assigned to the joints for the wheels. You have to assign the entire wheel (tire, rims, etc.) to these joints. Doing that should solve your problem.

They are already assigned to the joints for the wheels. But they are in separate groups. Does this matter?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#40 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 9:06 PM
About Cevic's Porsche Carrera: seems that Cevic has done a very good job, there... He created a custom FX (effect) file, only using a hex editor. Then, he included a reference to the custom effect in both the ANIM (woohoo and makeout).
In the custom effect, he included a reference to a custom Shape, in turn, is the starting point of the scenegraph chain (mesh and material for the custom fog).
The new effect, the two ANIMs and all the scenegraph chain for the fog are included in the package. Very neat
I'm currently trying to understand the structure of the FX files, but I have to admit that the hex editors scare me a bit...

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 12:24 PM
They are already assigned to the joints for the wheels. But they are in separate groups. Does this matter?

It should not matter....
The only other thing I can think of is this: are these Radkappen in the right position in Milkshape?
Forum Resident
#42 Old 29th Oct 2005 at 11:14 AM Last edited by bienchen83 : 30th Oct 2005 at 9:03 AM.
They are.

I also installed the new SimPE version by now but parts of my car are still flickering blue and I don´t know what went wrong. Which clone settings do I have to pull, perhaps this is where I went wrong?

I´m on the verge of giving up now...

EDIT: I thought a preview of the car might be of some use for you, so I attached one.

Again EDIT: I´ve tried out the txtm-thing now, but in the objects02.package, I found loads of TXTMs for the supersportscar, but neither the crome nor the matte one. Do you now their exact names by accident?
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#43 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 2:57 AM
I have the new version of SimPE to and I still get the flickering blue.

HA! It rhymes!

Now known as CMW15
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 4:33 PM Last edited by willem81 : 31st Oct 2005 at 4:53 PM. Reason: Forgot the pic
They are.

I also installed the new SimPE version by now but parts of my car are still flickering blue and I don´t know what went wrong. Which clone settings do I have to pull, perhaps this is where I went wrong?

I´m on the verge of giving up now...

EDIT: I thought a preview of the car might be of some use for you, so I attached one.

Again EDIT: I´ve tried out the txtm-thing now, but in the objects02.package, I found loads of TXTMs for the supersportscar, but neither the crome nor the matte one. Do you now their exact names by accident?

Bienchen and Cwirsing:
I have attached a pic with the clone settings I use for cloning the Supersportscar/Hunka. For me it is working fine this way. I use SimPE 0.50 (alpha). (Shortly after the release of the new SimPE there was another new version released because of some bugs.) Cloning this way will include a ....._matte_txmt and a ......_chrome.txmt in your cloned package.

If these two TXMT files are in your package and you still get this blue flickering parts, then there is most likely a problem with the names in your package. Numeror wrote a checklist for this http://=http://www.modthesims2.com/...ead.php?t=44997.

If these two TXMT files are NOT in your package, you can extract them from my Subara Impreza package and import them in your package. Then you only need to change the names/references as described in Numeror's checklist.

Bienchen:
I'm not sure what is causing this Radkappen problem. There's a chance this problem will be solved when you've solved the TXMT problem.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#45 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 4:40 AM
It must of been the remove useless files because I checked that.

Now known as CMW15
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 4:16 PM
It must of been the remove useless files because I checked that.

Yes, you're right. That's really weird. I wouldn't call this TXMT's useless.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#47 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 6:17 PM
I've checked, and actually the "remove useless files" option cause the clone to lack some needed TXMT.

That option was intended to get rid of all the textures ant TXMT that are "useless" because they are provided by the game, and no one never edit them; for instance: the "reflection" textures.
The options deletes all the scenegraphic files that have a name that doesn't match the object's CRES name. For example, if the Resource node is "myCar_cres", all the scenegraphic files whose name doesn't begin with "myCar" are discarded.

In the case of the sportscar, the CRES is "vehiclesupersportscarnew_cres", and the two missing TXMTs have an name that begins with "vehiclesupersportscar" (without the ending "new"). This is a very rare case: a Maxis object that uses materials from another object (mind that the "vehiclesupersportscarnew" is the driveble sports car, while the "vehiclesupersportscar" is the old, non drivable job car).
I'll talk with Quaxi to see if we can fix this.

In the meantime, uncheck the "Remove Useless Files" options before cloning the Sports Car; all the other cars can be safely cloned with the option activated.

Forum Resident
#48 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 10:05 AM
I´ve solved both problems now. Actually, there seems to be a problem when the wheels are not in one single group (weird guess, but by chance I was right).
I "solved" the other problem by simly getting rid of the matte and chrome and assigning those parts to the surface group.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 1:33 PM
Thanks for the tutorial willem, I have managed to follow it so far up until stage 6, don't worry I am not going to ask how to make a UVmap!

I am a bit confused about what you mean by a uv-mapped *.ms3d model.

Do I need to associate the UVmap with the model somehow, or do they just remain seperate files ie a *.ms3d and a *.bmp?

Therefore, it is a 'uv-mapped *.ms3d' because I have created a uv-map for it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morlock
Do I need to associate the UVmap with the model somehow, or do they just remain seperate files ie a *.ms3d and a *.bmp?

You will need both a *.ms3d and a *.bmp.
You are associating the uv-map with the model by saving in LithUnWrap as a *.ms3d.
After that you can save the uv-map as a *.bmp, so you can use this *.bmp as a base for creating the texture.
Page 2 of 6