Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 1:42 AM
Toddler Hair Isn't showing up right o.O
I've decided to recolor my fave maxis hair, and it's working fine...except for the toddler versions. 2 of my hairs did this, one is supposed to be burgundy and one a dark blue, but the toddler versions show up with some sort of Cruella Devil thing going on. Its black with some grey patches. Does anyone know what is going on?

If anyone could tell me I would really appreciate it.

(I attached pics of what is going on if that helps)
Screenshots

Oooh, what's that? *click*
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 2:31 PM
First off, what graphics editing program do you use? It might have to do with it.

Also, did you change the alpha or copy-pasted the textures from the child hair to the toddler hair texture? They use another mesh, so it wouldn't show up appropriately.

TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL!

23/02/09

I'm bluffin' with my muffin
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cthru
First off, what graphics editing program do you use? It might have to do with it.

Also, did you change the alpha or copy-pasted the textures from the child hair to the toddler hair texture? They use another mesh, so it wouldn't show up appropriately.

I use Paint.NET
And I did a seperate coloring for the toddler, I didn't use the texture/mesh/whatever you call it ( ) from the child hair. I used the pics just to demonstrate the color it should have been.

Instructor
#4 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 8:42 PM
AAh, Paint.NET must really have a hatred for poor toddler and babies it seems! There's a problem regarding skin recolors wit hteir scalp too, but it's different, yet it's still occuring on toddlers..Can you please tell me how do you save (which settings are on, which are off)?
If its impossible to do it with it, I'd suggest DLig the Gimp

TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL!

23/02/09

I'm bluffin' with my muffin
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 9:56 PM Last edited by Catti212 : 8th Apr 2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Update
Quote: Originally posted by cthru
AAh, Paint.NET must really have a hatred for poor toddler and babies it seems! There's a problem regarding skin recolors wit hteir scalp too, but it's different, yet it's still occuring on toddlers..Can you please tell me how do you save (which settings are on, which are off)?
If its impossible to do it with it, I'd suggest DLig the Gimp

The settings are:
Bit Depth-Auto Detect
And dithering (idk what that is) is stuck at 7. (not highlighted)
I'll try changing the bit depth to one of the others,
if it doesn't work I'll get gimp.

Tyvm for your help :D

EDIT: Yay, it's working now. It was the bit settings after all. *dances in circles* Ty!!