Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Site Helper
#7901 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 8:27 PM
That's the point where the mother says "You woke the kid, YOU can get the kid back to sleep. Now."

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Scholar
#7902 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 5:15 PM
Sent my active family to France to celebrate the oldest daughter graduating high school. Half the town is in France in the same bloody hostel we're staying in. Since I've got bed freedom installed and the mother has the "everybody's best friend" and "celebrity" skill challenges completed, she has woken up to find randos in her bed every night. This has lead to me having her double up with one of her children. The oldest daughter and middle daughter doubled up in one bed and I go to have the mom bunk with the child son. Apparently randos can sleep in her bed, but she can't sleep in the same bed as her son!? So she goes to sleep in another double bed and her exboyfriend hops into bed with her. I can't wait until our visa is at such a level as to preclude public sleeping arrangements! We came to France to get away from all you townies!
Scholar
#7903 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 1:33 PM
Why are teens and children trick or treating in freaking winter?!?!? Cause, seriously, I can't even get my sims to do it in autumn when it's supposed to happen. Plus, I can't actually direct them to give trick or treat and it doesn't show up on their queue or anything so it just destroys everything!!!
Scholar
#7904 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 1:40 PM
Why are teens and children trick or treating in freaking winter?!?!? Cause, seriously, I can't even get my sims to do it in autumn when it's supposed to happen. Plus, I can't actually direct them to give trick or treat and it doesn't show up on their queue or anything so it just destroys everything!!!
Theorist
#7905 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish

I've found Trick or Treating in Sims 3 to be a huge pain in the butt. It was borked in my various games so many times. I think ONCE it worked properly--the kids got the option to trick or treat in a family and they went to a neighbor's for candy. But it eventually got stuck and they all stood around.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#7906 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 8:50 AM Last edited by Elynda : 26th Jul 2019 at 9:32 AM.
What is it with trick-or-treaters and rocking chairs? If I have one in my house I get sims hanging around outside throwing tantrums because (as I presume from their thought bubbles) they want to use my rocking chair and can't. Look kid, I'll give you all the candy you like, but get your own frickin' rocking chair!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#7907 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 1:20 PM
Rocking chairs are such a magnet for sims! I have a trampoline in the yard that no one uses, but they are lining up for the freaking rocking chair!
Scholar
#7908 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 4:52 AM
Just whatever happened here:
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#7909 Old 29th Jul 2019 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
... and rocking chairs? ... I get sims hanging around...
I can't help wondering how a rocking chair, if you were to place one outdoors, would rank vis-à-vis a lawn sprinkler.
Scholar
#7910 Old 29th Jul 2019 at 2:02 PM
I think it would rank below diving board, but above sprinkler? I made a pool with a splash pad and a diving board and sims ignore the sprinklers in favor of the diving board. This is the first time I've ever had a child skill in the hidden athletics skill!
Mad Poster
#7911 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 4:12 AM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 12th Aug 2019 at 5:52 PM.
When your game loads quick and runs perfectly for about 30 minutes, then gets stuck on a stutter and completely locks up. It's not even crashed or anything it just......it's not doing anything the full 60 times a second. I can kill it just fine but I don't want to, there's nothing inherently wrong with the process itself. I hate this fucking pile of garbage.

It's also not great that all Sim-to-Sim interactions look exactly the same. It's the same exaggerated arm-waving, gawking, mouth-gaping and nodding all the bleeding time. I can NOT make a believable scene out of this. I can't even get any footage out of this. I just spent 30+ minutes to get not even 2 minutes of footage, which is a pretty poor ratio, and I'll be surprised if I can get more than 6 seconds out of it in the edit.

EDIT: 3 seconds and 10 frames. Better than nothing!

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#7912 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 10:43 PM
I had a sim going to college for 2 weeks and I think there was not a single day whitout someone setting the dorm kitchen on fire! And my sim have to pay to replace the stuff! WHY??! The dorm belongs to the campus and if the insurance company pays (they always did) then it's up to the campus to replace the stuff.
Scholar
#7913 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 1:06 PM
I had my YA sim ask her two besties to move in so that they could have a gap year trip. Suddenly my family inventory is clogged with small animals, nannites, gems, computers, cameras, and books. They both have dead parents and grandparents and inherited stuff. Is there a way to purge townie inventories? Could that be contributing to the lag in my game?

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Scholar
#7914 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 1:11 PM
Teen boy sim goes to bookshelf with the "read something" action. What book does he pick? "Totally Preggers: An Expectant Mother's Story"

Instructor
#7915 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
I had a sim going to college for 2 weeks and I think there was not a single day whitout someone setting the dorm kitchen on fire! And my sim have to pay to replace the stuff! WHY??! The dorm belongs to the campus and if the insurance company pays (they always did) then it's up to the campus to replace the stuff.

Yeah but you can more than make your money back by stealing basically everything that's not nailed down (and lots of things that are, tbh) from the dorm before traveling home

Tfw you download a whole furnished cc lot to hunt down one piece of long lost decor... and it's one of the 2 things that don't come with it. Sigh.
Scholar
#7916 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 12:07 AM
Sims eat their falafel sandwiches with a fork. With a forking fork! Who does that!? Almost as bad as microwave popcorn with a spoon. Also sushi with a fork. Seriously!?! I know Will Wright is a fan of pissing players off, but this is taking things a bit far.

Scholar
#7917 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 3:25 AM
I was taking a look at some old saves from my archives, looking for any old sims who might be worth giving a new life in a new town. One of them was in the Show Time career as an acrobat in Sunset Valley. She had a gig scheduled at the Performance park, so I sent her along in good time to get set up. Just as the show was about to start, who should come along but Jack Bunch, on a horse.

Now, bear in mind that this old save dates from before I installed Pets. So, up till a few sim hours ago, nobody in Sunset Valley even knew what a horse looked like! But there's Jack, looking like he was born in the saddle. And his horse was accompanied by a foal - presumably its own. How the feck did it manage that?

So, what does Jack do? He parks the horse right next to the stage, dismounts, and then commences to bottle feed the foal. Meantime the adult horse, left to its own devices, starts dashing back and forth in front of the stage. A few sims had, by then, gathered to watch the performance, despite the danger of being trampled under the horses hooves. And when the foal had had his fill, he joined in the fun. I've played some 'tough rooms' myself, but at least I never had horses stampeding through the audience.

So, unsurprisingly, the show was not a great success.

Afterwards, since my sim was hungry, I decided to have her enjoy a nice quiet picnic with her friend, Morgana Woolf, who just happened to be there. Within minutes somebody had set up a podium right next to the picnic area, and next thing you know they were both surrounded by protesters waving placards and bellowing through megaphones. That sort of thing does not aid digestion.

So, all-in-all, not an ideal day out in Sunset Valley.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#7918 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 9:56 PM
My revised Landgraab mansion is overrun with Canadian part timers. It's like the old question of asking "Why are the guests in the bathroom?". Kymchee broke up with Lee, shared a kiss with Erik and that kiss offended Andrew which led to a moodlet that told of bearing witness to romantic betrayal. That's a new one for me.

It was in the master bedroom and not only were Kymchee and Erik, but Lee, Andrew, Jen, Caitlin, Nicole, Jude, Wyatt and Jonesy. The dorms are at the other end of the hall.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Test Subject
#7919 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 5:41 AM
I have one that really makes me facepalm:
autonomously woohoo and autonomously try for baby with a flirty sim and a hopeless romantic...
I had to turn autonomously try for baby off same with risky.. they were trying to repopulate the town themselves ...LOL
Scholar
#7920 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 5:54 AM
JJ calls Kelley a diva.
Kelley slaps the s#&@ out of JJ.
JJ dip kisses Kelley followed by continuous romantic actions until they are woohooing.
This has been their abusive hyper horny pattern for a while now.
I feel like I should stage an intervention, but they seem to really be enjoying themselves.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Lab Assistant
#7921 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 8:43 PM
I... what even happened here?
Screenshots

omnis mundi creatura
Instructor
#7922 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kin.gyo1413
I... what even happened here?

Looks like the start of a new weird cult
Scholar
#7923 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 9:26 PM
You know what would give this life simulator more realism? Children just deciding to annoy their parents for no real reason. An interaction where the child sim would follow the grown sim around going "Ma ma ma ma ma ma ma ma!" Also child sims need a self-click "run around" interaction where they just run around like idiots for a while, the same way dogs, cats, and horses do.

Top Secret Researcher
#7924 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 1:49 AM
My children do that. Endless requests for reading them to sleep. And they follow any parents around that happen to be out on the town when they themselves have missed curfew.
And I have a mod for toddlers that allows for "Explore around".
http://www.modthesims.info/d/479364...teractions.html
Scholar
#7925 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 11:10 PM
This kid is the most terrifying I've seen in game.
Screenshots

Page 317 of 321