Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#8501 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 12:17 AM
Too subtle for my thick brain, clearly.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#8502 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 12:56 AM
Lol I had that happen last night XD. I saw the windows spinning circle thing and I was like.. UH. I'll just pretend I didn't see that. Game crashed later but I saved.
Instructor
#8503 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 4:09 AM Last edited by PlyPlay665 : 26th Sep 2019 at 5:50 AM.
Does anyone know what would cause a rabbithole (Doo Peas Corp. Towers) to kick all employees out at 10am every day? My playable sim that's kicked out has their performance meter reset to 0. When they go back to work, their meter is again reset to 0 at the end of their shift. I've tried resetting the world, the lot, and deleting/replacing the rabbithole itself. Nothing seems to work.

EDIT: I put the rabbithole on a new lot and deleted the one on the original lot, and the same is still happening. Is this a symptom of world corruption?

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Instructor
#8504 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlyPlay665
Does anyone know what would cause a rabbithole (Doo Peas Corp. Towers) to kick all employees out at 10am every day? My playable sim that's kicked out has their performance meter reset to 0. When they go back to work, their meter is again reset to 0 at the end of their shift. I've tried resetting the world, the lot, and deleting/replacing the rabbithole itself. Nothing seems to work.

EDIT: I put the rabbithole on a new lot and deleted the one on the original lot, and the same is still happening. Is this a symptom of world corruption?

Maybe sim corruption. The same thing happened to me weeks ago. Turned out, one of the sim employees of that rabbithole career was wearing a custom hair, and that hair was enough to reset the whole work shift, and all the other employees were also kicked out. It's worth to check all the sims who work in that rabbithole if any of them wears any custom clothes, skin, hair, etc. that you have donwloaded recently. Just a tip.
Instructor
#8505 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
Maybe sim corruption.

Hey, you're right! It wasn't CC, but actually Bebe (Hart) Frio's pregnancy. However, that doesn't seem to entirely be the fix. If I demote my Sim to level 1, their performance is safe at shift end and they get promoted. However, if I leave them at the same level (4) or promote them, their performance bar is reset to 0 at the end of the shift.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Field Researcher
#8506 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 3:37 AM
The answer is probably NO, but any mods or tweaks I can do to make this

into this? (no cutting light off at the edge of lot)

Only the big street lights are seamless... all other lights look so bad.
Mad Poster
#8507 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 3:46 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 27th Sep 2019 at 4:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by tysika

I think light spread is categorized by type (large vs small). There might be a flag that you can change, but the surer way is to remake the light in TSRW using a streetlight as a base.

One question- do a non-owned lot's objects devaluate every time you exit build/buy?

Could that be a way to get lots under the 20K starter budget?
Instructor
#8508 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 4:53 PM

Have you tried - if you have it - icarus_allsorts' Transmogrifier mod in-game, to change the script of the small lamp to a big street light's script? No idea though if it changes how light behaves, just a tip.
The Transmogrifier
Instructor
#8509 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
One question- do a non-owned lot's objects devaluate every time you exit build/buy?

Could that be a way to get lots under the 20K starter budget?

I don't think they do. I noticed the price seems to be lower when you save the lot to your library but that is probably because the lot price itself is not included. It still gets added when you place it down again, tho. Idk how people manage to fit into the starter home budget... even with all the free floors and pool walls I always end up going overboard.
Field Researcher
#8510 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
Have you tried - if you have it - icarus_allsorts' Transmogrifier mod in-game, to change the script of the small lamp to a big street light's script? No idea though if it changes how light behaves, just a tip.
The Transmogrifier

I did and it didn't work . I did notice the difference between the streetlights and other lights is that streetlights don't have advanced light options like color and intensity. I think those extra features for some reason causes it to cut off at the lot.
Inventor
#8511 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 2:41 AM
How do EA hair color presents and CC hair color presents work? If I download a few color presents will the game choose those colors instead like a default?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Scholar
#8512 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 4:51 AM
When you create a new hair color, it gives you the option to save in the lower lefthand corner. Then it creates a tile down where the EA color presets are with a filefolder icon in the lower corner. Your CC color presets should show up there with either the file folder, an asterix, or the custom tile the creator made. The game might choose any color if you hit the randomize button, but it just makes it easier to find colors again and again. All colors are heritable no matter how natural or unnatural they may be.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Inventor
#8513 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
When you create a new hair color, it gives you the option to save in the lower lefthand corner. Then it creates a tile down where the EA color presets are with a filefolder icon in the lower corner. Your CC color presets should show up there with either the file folder, an asterix, or the custom tile the creator made. The game might choose any color if you hit the randomize button, but it just makes it easier to find colors again and again. All colors are heritable no matter how natural or unnatural they may be.

Is it possible to default the regular hair colors or delete them entirely or should they be left alone? I found a nice set of color presents I want to use alongside some hair defaults (the defaults only change the texture but they look really good).

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Inventor
#8514 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 7:17 PM
If I hang up a mistletoe, will sims kiss under it autonomous? And if they will, would that be considered cheating by other sims?
Mad Poster
#8515 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 7:19 AM
If my active Sim is living in a dorm at University and has taken a romantic interest in one of her roommates, is there a way to make him active and bring him back to the home neighborhood when finished with Uni?
Mad Poster
#8516 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
If my active Sim is living in a dorm at University and has taken a romantic interest in one of her roommates, is there a way to make him active and bring him back to the home neighborhood when finished with Uni?

Several ways.

1 - Ask the sim to move in socially. I can't actually remember if this ever comes up on the social menu when both the active and the inactive sims are living in the same dorm, perhaps not. But in this case, if you can get it to work, the sim will become part of your actively controlled visiting party and will return with you back to your homeworld as part of your active household.
2 - On the next term at Uni, if there is to be one, stay off campus and get the sim to move into your household that way or use NRaas MasterController's Add Sim to force them into your household.
3 - Once back home, use NRaas MasterController's Add Sim > Homeworld > (filter to Uni World) to force the sim into your own household, a different one, or an otherwise unoccupied one of their own.
4 - Once back home, use NRaas MasterController to get the sim to visit your household (not the annoying built-in invite over by phone way) and ask them to move in or Add Sim them from there. Note that these actions on sims when they are in the foreign sim visitation state are only really safe when certain NRaas mods are in play to protect their data, namely Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Traveler, and RelationshipPanel. There is otherwise a chance of sim breakage and corruption if not enough data comes over with the sim to form a full resident out of them properly in the homeworld.

5 - Sometimes dorm roommates will follow your sim home like some kind of lost puppy/kitten and either be a visitor or an actively controlled member of your household without any actions having been taken. This is more of a game glitch than anything else and cannot really be counted on to happen, though.

Although it often seems tempting, do not try to marry a sim who does not have a proper household at the time -- this would include dorm and frat/sorority residents as well as homeless NPC sims. Townies living in their own households should be okay, but it's usually safer to get them back into your homeworld as full-fledged residents there first, if marriage is actually part of the plan here.
Mad Poster
#8517 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 8:59 PM
Thank you for the information. Given what you said at the end about marriage, what would be the best way to get Anoki Moon back to Twinbrook?

My active Sim is in the same dorm at the moment with Anoki Moon and they are at romantic interest level right now. She needs to go to Uni another semester to get her degree so I do plan to have her go back for another two weeks to finish.

When she goes back, could I have her move into an individual house and add Anoki via Master Controller and at the end of Semester send them both back to her house in Twinbrook? Or would I need to move Anoki into another house in Twinbrook first before having him move into her house to marry him?
Field Researcher
#8518 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 9:44 PM
Anyway to stop Overwatch from resetting certain sims for "unroutable sim found"? I locked up a couple of my roomies in my basement dungeon but they keep getting reset... They are not unroutable either I just lock the door so they can't get out.

Quote: Originally posted by igazor

Help me XD
Mad Poster
#8519 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 12:23 AM
Thank you for the information. Given what you said at the end about marriage, what would be the best way to get Anoki Moon back to Twinbrook?

My active Sim is in the same dorm at the moment with Anoki Moon and they are at romantic interest level right now. She needs to go to Uni another semester to get her degree so I do plan to have her go back for another two weeks to finish.

When she goes back, could I have her move into an individual house and add Anoki via Master Controller and at the end of Semester send them both back to her house in Twinbrook? Or would I need to move Anoki into another house in Twinbrook first before having him move into her house to marry him?

Any or all of those ways would work. The "best" way becomes the one that fits into your storyline the best.

If I were in a hurry to play Anoki myself, afraid we might have to write off that being a possibility during the current term as they are both in the same dorm (theoretically you could evict him and then quickly use Add Sim before he disappears off the map but that could backfire potentially), I would most likely wait until returning home and then use MC > Add Sim > Homeworld on him to bring him into my sim's household there as a full resident. Then they can have a nice relaxing couple of days off together, and/or get married if you like, before you send them both back to Uni for the next term.

As an aside, he was one of the sims one of the early ones I sent through Uni befriended and I added him to my Riverview world a long time ago as a fellow resident together with a few other at the time recent graduates. He's romantically involved with one of the other back then graduates now, haven't checked up on him lately as I play so many sims all over the place within this game, but he's been nothing but a pleasant addition to my world even with the Hot Headed trait (nobody's perfect).
Mad Poster
#8520 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 12:33 AM
Anyway to stop Overwatch from resetting certain sims for "unroutable sim found"? I locked up a couple of my roomies in my basement dungeon but they keep getting reset... They are not unroutable either I just lock the door so they can't get out.

Help me XD

I have often said that any date (or other scenario) that winds up with "so I locked them in the basement (attic)" or "put them in a cage in my family zoo so visitors can pay to come gawk at them and feed them peanuts" is just not going to end well.

NRaas > Overwatch > Settings > Stuck Check > True
NRaas > Overwatch > Settings > Stuck Check Auto-Reset > False

This is the way I prefer and advise playing most worlds with or without the dungeon scenarios. That way we get a report when OW deems a sim to be route stuck, then we can focus the game camera on them and try to figure out what the problem is (or if it's a false positive) so we can lessen the chance of that happening again in the same spot. If Auto-Reset is True, then by the time we catch up with the sim they are already back home and in a safe place, so we don't know what really caused the issue.

Problem here is that the game itself is going to keep trying to send these sims home, especially if they don't have enough freedom of movement within their confined space, their needs begin to tank, they are scheduled to be someplace else, or they have overstayed their expected visitation times (not as relevant with roommates). And it will get forceful about it and reset them for you without Overwatch involvement, eventually. Really the only way to keep a sim in a confined space is to add them to your household as controllable residents, not roommates, so you can control them yourself without the game trying to send them "back home" or to other places in town. As an experiment though, you might try adding them as normal full residents but take their player control away and see if they behave "better" that way than roommates do. NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Advanced > Selectability > False (MC Cheats add-on module required; DebugEnabler has an almost identical command).
Field Researcher
#8521 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 1:49 AM
I have often said that any date (or other scenario) that winds up with "so I locked them in the basement (attic)" or "put them in a cage in my family zoo so visitors can pay to come gawk at them and feed them peanuts" is just not going to end well.

NRaas > Overwatch > Settings > Stuck Check > True
NRaas > Overwatch > Settings > Stuck Check Auto-Reset > False

This is the way I prefer and advise playing most worlds with or without the dungeon scenarios. That way we get a report when OW deems a sim to be route stuck, then we can focus the game camera on them and try to figure out what the problem is (or if it's a false positive) so we can lessen the chance of that happening again in the same spot. If Auto-Reset is True, then by the time we catch up with the sim they are already back home and in a safe place, so we don't know what really caused the issue.

Problem here is that the game itself is going to keep trying to send these sims home, especially if they don't have enough freedom of movement within their confined space, their needs begin to tank, they are scheduled to be someplace else, or they have overstayed their expected visitation times (not as relevant with roommates). And it will get forceful about it and reset them for you without Overwatch involvement, eventually. Really the only way to keep a sim in a confined space is to add them to your household as controllable residents, not roommates, so you can control them yourself without the game trying to send them "back home" or to other places in town. As an experiment though, you might try adding them as normal full residents but take their player control away and see if they behave "better" that way than roommates do. NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Advanced > Selectability > False (MC Cheats add-on module required; DebugEnabler has an almost identical command).

You misunderstand me, I'm not locking these sims up for sick entertainment, I'm doing it for JUSTICE They are all criminals! /s

The ovw option for manual resetting sounds good. My roomies NEVER leave the house anyways (they are all unemployed, and for some reason never get pushed to any community lots which annoys the heck out of me), so I think they'll stay well on their bums if I toggle that overwatch option. If I make a sim in my family unselectable, does story progression apply to them then? And do they get pushed to go outside?
Mad Poster
#8522 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 2:05 AM
You misunderstand me, I'm not locking these sims up for sick entertainment, I'm doing it for JUSTICE They are all criminals! /s

The ovw option for manual resetting sounds good. My roomies NEVER leave the house anyways (they are all unemployed, and for some reason never get pushed to any community lots which annoys the heck out of me), so I think they'll stay well on their bums if I toggle that overwatch option. If I make a sim in my family unselectable, does story progression apply to them then? And do they get pushed to go outside?

Interesting, but the motivation for locking these sims up and how sick or healthy it might be isn't actually important here.

Yes, SP will apply to a sim who is not selectable and they will operate on their own autonomy. How well that works is going to depend on the player's setup and how well or poorly autonomy is working for them generally.

I think what most players do who pursue this kind of structure is add these sims to a special reserved household, not necessarily the actively being played one. When a sim is deemed to be not fit to function in society, then they don't get to retain their real property, hold down a scheduled job, and get all of the rights and responsibilities of regular citizenship as they have proven themselves not able to handle them (or something like that). Perhaps they should be made to work in a factory (series of invention tables, canning stations, and so on) or in the kitchens in their new "home," there could be a library within so they can prepare their own court appeals or with the books and some skill gaining objects learn something new while being rehabilitated, etc. Then SP can be relaxed or restricted on the incarcerated household as needed.
Field Researcher
#8523 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 2:49 AM
Interesting, but the motivation for locking these sims up and how sick or healthy it might be isn't actually important here.

Yes, SP will apply to a sim who is not selectable and they will operate on their own autonomy. How well that works is going to depend on the player's setup and how well or poorly autonomy is working for them generally.

I think what most players do who pursue this kind of structure is add these sims to a special reserved household, not necessarily the actively being played one. When a sim is deemed to be not fit to function in society, then they don't get to retain their real property, hold down a scheduled job, and get all of the rights and responsibilities of regular citizenship as they have proven themselves not able to handle them (or something like that). Perhaps they should be made to work in a factory (series of invention tables, canning stations, and so on) or in the kitchens in their new "home," there could be a library within so they can prepare their own court appeals or with the books and some skill gaining objects learn something new while being rehabilitated, etc. Then SP can be relaxed or restricted on the incarcerated household as needed.

I have a caste called "inferiors" and sims in it are not allowed to procreate or get jobs. They are sold off at a high price to rich vampires who have room in their basements and not enough lunch. Anyway, I will try to fine tune my sp even more so my roomies will leave the house. It might be because my town is pretty much unpopulated except for a few odd households so the game may not see a reason to push them out.
Mad Poster
#8524 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 4:49 AM
Is there a way to set up a community lot to not allow certain age groups?

In a different save then mentioned above I kind of want to set up a brothel for my Master Romancer Sim to be able to woohoo with other Sims. The problem is that inactive children keep showing up instead of adults. Is there a way to set up the lot to keep children and Teens off the lot.
Mad Poster
#8525 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 5:21 AM
Is there a way to set up a community lot to not allow certain age groups?

In a different save then mentioned above I kind of want to set up a brothel for my Master Romancer Sim to be able to woohoo with other Sims. The problem is that inactive children keep showing up instead of adults. Is there a way to set up the lot to keep children and Teens off the lot.

One way is to use NRaas SP Lot Options to restrict the lot to YAs and older (or equivalently disallow Teens and younger, either way you will need castes for the age groups you wish to allow or disallow). The GoHere mod must be present for the game to honor SP's Lot Options restrictions. This doesn't act as a brick wall, it is possible that sometimes a disallowed sim will show up but they should leave pretty quickly. This method also covers sims who may be carried by others, meaning babies and toddlers.

Another way that doesn't require NRaas SP is to fence or wall off the entire lot and restrict access to one or more gates or doors that by way NRaas GoHere's locking mechanisms only allow YAs and older. This is a newer method, there might be a small number of foot stomping tantrums at the door if teens and children find out they can't get in after they arrive, and I don't believe it yet covers carried sims. A similar effect can be gained in this case by using the EA store set ticket machines and gates.
Page 341 of 385