Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 12:55 PM
Default Elaine's Story: Part 1 (In the Beginning...)
Montridge is my custom neighborhood. I would like to share the story of one if its citizens.
Meet Elaine Harris: Super model, spokesperson for Maxis Cosmetics.
As her life draws to a close, she reflects over how it all started.

Prologue:

'After a three month tour with Maxis, we were finally headed back to Montridge. As we fly over the ocean, the pilot has advised us to put on our seat belts. There is a storm outside battering our small plane. I cling to my husband Reginald.
I try to put on a brave face, but the turbulence is frightening me. If it wasn't for the fact that I was anxious to see my little boy, I'd have never agreed to get on this plane in the first place. The pilot and my boss, had been confident that Reggie and I would get back home in one piece. Now I wasn't so sure.'

'When the fierce lightening began to rock the plane and the power begin to flicker, I gave up any pretense of bravery. I was just plain scared. Reggie wiped away my tears and whispered words of comfort, but I could see he was as terrified as I was. They say when your life is ending, your past looms up before your eyes. It was all coming back to me in rush. Helpless in a fragile aircraft several feet above the raging ocean I was powerless to escape the memories...... '
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 1:14 PM
great intro
ım looking forward for more update
#3 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 3:26 PM
nice,it really does look like there inside a plane
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 4:20 PM
The only complaint I can really think of is the plumbob in the second picture. You've got to watch out for those.

But that's really nothing at all. So keep going. =)

She was just like autumn in itself, but she was a thing of life and not impending death.
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:05 PM
For someone who is new at the special effects, you really did the plane nicley.
Looks interesting

^_^
Instructor
#6 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 2:13 AM
If you're worried about the plumbbob getting into the picture, or of speech bubbles getting in there... Or if you can't get the right angle without showing the plumbbob... pull up the cheat menu and type in plumbbobtoggle off to get rid of the plumbbob temporarily, and showheadlines off to get rid of the plus/minus signs, speech bubbles, and those little memory icons that pop up when something really important happens. ^_^
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 3:08 AM
I really like the beginning...keep going
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 6:14 AM
I like this story~! Update!

*Glares* >:( What are you looking at?
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 12:41 AM
Default Chapter 1
In the Beginning....

When ever I remember my early childhood, I can always smell the scent of the sand and surf. My parents Mary and Harold Beyer had a small sea side resort on Vacation Island.
I've been told by my mother many a time, that I was a very pleasant surprise. She had been told by her doctor, that she would never be able to carry a child.
My parents doted on their 'miracle baby' and I basked in the glow of their attention.

As I grew older, my mother allowed me to help with the day to day operations of the resort.
I enjoyed helping Mommy clean the motel rooms after the guests had left. She made it a game so I would stay interested.
While we joked and laughed about silly things, we also bonded.

We were a happy little family for the most part.
If anyone had told me, I would grow up to be a 'super model', I wouldn't have believed it.
I wasn't much of a looker in my early years. Far from it. I always thought I was a bit goofy looking. Besides, I had no desire to be a model. My dream was to be a school teacher.

My parents were important people in the community. I credit them with teaching me that every person has a responsibility to help out those in need. My parents were always going off to some ball or social function to raise money for the many charitable institutions they were part off.
I'll never forget the night Mom and Dad went to the Bay Side Ball to help raise money for the Children's Mercy Hospital.
My mother was decked out in a Remington Mansfield gown, that had been made exclusively for her.
We were far from rich, but Remington Mansfield just happened to be my mother's younger brother. The two were very close.

After the standard 'be good for the babysitter' lecture, Daddy took Mommy's hand and they left.

The babysitter was a teenage girl named Candy.
We moved the coffee table back and played Barbies.

I stayed up way past my bed time.
Candy agreed I could run for my bedroom and pretend to be sleeping when the folks got home.
It was well after midnight when I fell asleep on the couch.
I woke up with a start when I heard Candy scream.

There were two policemen in the living room.
Candy was crying.
I added my sobs to hers, because even at the age of seven, I knew something really bad had happened......

TO BE CONTINUED........

Bloopers: Looks like Lanie some how changed out of the P.J.'s while playing Barbies. Ooops! LOL!
Credits: Mom's swim wear was made my me. (You can see why I never upload any of my kindergarten creations. )
The Remington Mansfield was actually made by Open House Jack.
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 12:46 AM
me like story so far.
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 3:24 AM
Elaine is GORGEOUS, and this is a phenomenal start; I can't wait to read more!
#12 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 5:21 AM
Darn you, Montridge, for that cliffhanger!!! grrrrrrrrrr

Great start!! I'm loving this. Update soon!!

~Al
Instructor
#13 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 6:51 PM
You're very welcome, and I'm enjoying the story so far! Keep up the good work. ^_^
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 7:48 PM
this is a great beginning.. I look forward to reading your updates
Test Subject
#15 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 3:48 PM
AHHH!!! Cliffy... Can't wait for the next. Great Story!!!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 12:03 AM
Awh, her parents have been killed, haven't they? Poor kid...

Nice beginning, though! I hope to see updates soon!
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 9:41 AM
Eee! I really like this story. Ill wait for updates

^_^
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 3:43 AM
Default Chapter 2
Goodbye, Vacation Island

I couldn't believe my parents were gone.
The policemen explained that a truck driver had fallen asleep behind the wheel and crossed into my parent's lane. It was a head on collision. My mother and father were killed instantly.
Our next door neighbor agreed to go with the officers to identify my parent's bodies.
Candy told the officers that I would be more than welcome to stay at her house until my Uncle could be contacted. He was the only known relative I had.
Uncle Remington was at a fashion show far away in the Paris neighborhood. The authorities were having trouble getting in contact with him.
Candy and her mother did all they could to make my stay with them comfortable.
Two days went by before Francie (Candy's Mom) told me that Uncle Remington was on his way. She reassured me that he'd be here before dinner.

'Lanie!' my Uncle exclaimed when he arrived, scooping me up in his arms. 'My poor little darling!.'

I felt his tears wet my neck, as I sobbed into his shoulder.
Seeing my beloved Uncle caused my sense of loss and grief to wash back over me. He patted my back and spoke soothingly while I cried it out.
Candy and Francie kind of hung around looking helpless.
Uncle Remington managed to calm me down and made introductions.
It seemed he brought along a friend.
Francie and Candy had always been awestruck that Remington Mansfield was my Uncle. They seemed even more so when Uncle Remington introduced his friend as Trent Thornton.
I looked up at Mr. Thornton. He sure was handsome. He also had a nice smile and kind sympathetic eyes.
'I'm finally glad to meet you, Lanie. I only wish it were under better circumstances. Your Uncle Remington brags on you a lot.'

After dinner Mr. Thornton and I were getting along like old friends. He insisted I call him Trent.
I also found out why Francie and Candy were so nervous. Trent used to be a male model and movie actor. He told us he'd given all that up ages ago. Trent was the head of his own modeling agency now. He claimed it was his job to discover the talent and faces of the next generation.
Though I felt I'd never smile again, Trent had managed to cox a small smile out of me quite a few times at dinner.
Uncle Remington was thrilled that Trent and I got on so well. He told me that Trent was his dearest friend in all the world and that he would be living with us.
Uncle Remington allowed me to stay one more night with Candy and Francie. He and Trent were going to stay at the resort. Uncle Remington told me that he'd have to find some one to manage the place until we decided what to do with it.
My Uncle bid me good night with hugs, kisses, and promises that I'd see him first thing in the morning.
I was still missing Mommy and Daddy, but I was glad my Uncle was willing to take me in.

The next day we held my parent's memorial service and funeral.
Uncle Remington and I made sure both caskets were decorated with my mother's favorite water lilies.
'I never thought I'd out live Mary.' Uncle Remington whispered sadly.
Trent did his best to comfort us both.

Trent was a pillar of strength for all of us. He also had kind and soothing words for Francie and Candy.
They were grieving for my parents as well.

I knew my mother would be happy that her younger brother had found such a good friend. She was always worrying over him.

That night I slept in my bedroom at the resort for the very last time.
Uncle Remington came in to tuck me in and see if I needed anything.
'I'm going to try my best to be a good parent to you.' he vowed. 'Your mother always took such good care of me. I owe her so much.'
I could see that my mother's death grieved him as much as it did me.
Being an adult he was trying hard to keep his feelings in check and put on a brave front.
I decided that I would try to be strong as well. I think my parents would have wanted it that way.

Early the next morning found me on a plane headed toward Montridge.
My uncle explained that he and Trent had just recently bought a home there.
I had never been on a plane before and had butterflies in my stomach.
'You'll be just fine, darling.' Uncle Remington reassured me. 'The worst part is take off.'
He'd already explained that my ears would pop when we ascended and had given me some gum to chew to make it easier.
'Nothing to it.' Trent added. 'We fly all the time. It's great once your in the air. You can look out your window and see all of SimCity below. You'll love seeing all the tiny buildings and scenery. Cars will look like ants scurrying along the highways.'
Having no other choice, I tried to settle back into my seat and resigned myself to what ever fate had in store.
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 7:59 AM
Thats so sad! Its good that she has her brother though, i am glad they can help eachother with the pain and all. Excited for updates!

^_^
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 8:17 AM
great update
poor girl
#21 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 10:12 AM
Great update! I can't wait to see what happens to her. Keep up the great story telling! (And update soon!!)

~Al
#22 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 11:53 AM
great update
#23 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 5:15 PM
Oh this is a great story ^.^ Planes do make your ears pop, hehe, cant wait for another chapter
#24 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 6:28 PM
i havent read it in a song time so i read it today good
#25 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 6:31 PM
i meant good job lol
Page 1 of 29