Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#76 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 12:17 AM
Uh oh, I hope Riley's not going to do what I think he is... Poor Alex, she'd be so good with Jake. Awesome story Romy, I can't wait for another update!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 5:29 AM
NNOO..you cant leave it there!! Who the hell grabbed her!

my stories:
Something Lost
#78 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 5:42 AM
Maybe Ciara wants Alex for herself - lol. Seriously tho, can't wait to read what's coming next!!
Scholar
#79 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 6:35 AM
*gasp*
THEY DRUGGED HER!!!

I shall kill them... I shall kill them all...
Scholar
Original Poster
#80 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 9:28 AM
PennyTheCorgi - Alex and Jake would be good together but it wouldn't make for a very exciting story, would it
leos_pride - you'll find out soon enough :D
Annette - thanks for reading
Cinamun - umm... yeah, but if you kill them all, there' be no story :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#81 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 11:05 AM
Default Chapter Twenty Two
Alex woke up, her head pulsing to an unheard rhythm, her mouth dry and sour. She looked around the strange room. "Where the hell am I?" she thought. She lay very still, trying not to aggravate her thumping headache, and tried to remember what had happenend last night. Had she gone home with Riley?

She glanced down and was relieved to see she was still fully clothed, but that small movement sent her head spinning and her stomach roiling. She staggered to the door and looked around desperately for a bathroom. She pushed open the nearest door and stumbled into a living room. Lorcan was lying asleep on the couch.
"Bathroom!" she managed to call out, Lorcan woke, confused for a moment, then quickly pointed to the next door along.

She just made it in time. She sat on the cold tile for a while, her stomach cramped from retching. Eventually she managed to pull herself up to the sink. She looked at the pale, bedraggled face in the mirror...

"Oh my god! Jake!" she suddenly remembered. She splashed her face with cold water and scrubbed her mouth with toothpaste to dispel the vile taste, then grabbing her jacket from the bedroom she rushed out of the house, without even a thank you or goodbye to Lorcan.

She ran most of the way home, furious with herself. How could he have gotten so drunk last night! Jake, hearing the front door open and close, rushed downstairs. His relief at seeing Alex, safely home, quickly turned to anger. "Where the hell have you been! I've been worried sick!" he raged, "Your note said "Back soon"!" I've been out all night looking for you!"

Alex had expected him to be angry, but not so incensed. "I'm sorry Jake, I don't know what happened... I must have had too much to drink... I..."
"Let me guess, you were out with Riley!"
"Well, as a matter of fact I was!" retorted Alex defensively.
"I thought I told you to keep away from them!"
"You can't tell me who I can and can't talk to!" she yelled, walking away.
Jake stepped in front of her, blocking her path and pushing her back against the wall. She could feel his body quivering with rage, a wave of panic rushing through her.

She saw a look of alarm on Jake's face, "Oh Alex," he said in a wounded voice, "I would never hurt you..."
He leant close and she felt his lips upon hers, her body tensed and she put her hands on his shoulders to push him away. But instead, she found herself pulling him closer, she arms winding round his back, her body melting into his...

A loud knock at the door brought them back to their senses. Alex pushed him away and stepped aside to let him answer the door.
"Hi!" said Mike. "Just wanted to let you know I'll pick you up at 8 tomorrow instead of 7, is that okay?"
"Sure Mike, no problem."

#82 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 11:51 AM
Oh my god! I just started reading this, and I'm already on the edge of my seat waiting for more. You've got such gripping writing skills. I love it!
Scholar
Original Poster
#83 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by [[MILK]]
Oh my god! I just started reading this, and I'm already on the edge of my seat waiting for more. You've got such gripping writing skills. I love it!

Thank you [[MILK]] :grouphug:
Scholar
Original Poster
#84 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 1:36 PM
Default Chapter Twenty Three
They stood and glared at each other across the room, reluctant to talk about what had just passed between them.

Alex rubbed her pounding head, "I'm going for a bath." she announced turning towards the stairs.
"Wait!" Jake called, "Here, I bought you this." he said reaching into his bag. Alex couldn't help but smile as he handed her a bottle of bubble bath.
"Thank you, Jake. I got you something too." she said nodding over at the comic.
"Yes, I saw it. Maybe you could help me read it later..."
"Okay, but I need a nap first, I'm not feeling too great."

Alex relaxed into the vanilla scented bubbles. She slowly tried to piece together what had happened last night, but things were still a bit fuzzy and fragmented. Her thoughts drifted to Jake, she'd had a perfect weekend planned, but now... She touched her bruised lips, could still feel Jake's passionate kiss, it had left her confused and distracted. She had assumed Riley would have been the one to share her first kiss with, but she had enjoyed it, no... more than enjoyed it, she had wanted more...

Later, after her nap she found Jake sitting next to the fire, practising writing.
"How's it going?" she asked nodding at the paper.
"Oh, you know... it's going."
Alex asked laughing, "I'm going to make some coffee, would you like some?"
"Wait! Come here a minute."

Jake got up and gestured to her painting, "Where did this come from?"
Alex had forgotten all about it in the confusion of the last few days. "Oh! I painted it."
Jake frowned at her, "Are you sure?"
"Of course I'm sure! Do you think I would lie about it?"
"No, sorry... Where did you find the photograph?"
"What photograph?"
"The one you painted the picture from." said Jake, starting to get rankled.
"I didn't. I just... I just painted it!"
Jake looked at her curiously.
"I just... I've just... I've been having dreams since I came here... to Black Ridge. Dreams about you. This is from one of my dreams..."
Jake turned and studied the painting again. "Well, the piercing right, but not the tattoos."
"But... in the photograph of you and Beth... you had tattoos." said Alex glancing across to the empty table where the photograph had lain.
Jake shook his head, "Beth painted them on, it was for a party..."
"... at Black Nightclub?" Alex finished.
"Yes!" exclaimed Jake, "How did you know?"
"My dream, we were at Black Nightclub."
Jake shook his head again, "This is too confusing. Why don't you go and make that coffee."

Scholar
Original Poster
#85 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 1:39 PM
Default Chapter Twenty Four

They sat on the couch, silently drinking their coffee. After a few minutes Jake turned to Alex, "Tell me what happened last night."
"There's not much to tell, it's all a bit hazy really. I met Riley at Mercy, we danced and had a couple of drinks, then I started feeling a bit dizzy and hot, I drank my last drink too quick because I wanted to head home. Ciara took me outside and... I'm not sure, I think I remember someone grabbing my arm. Next thing I woke up in Lorcan's house."
"Lorcan?"
"Yeah, the DJ from Mercy... Hey!" she exclaimed, starting to remember. "He said to ask you!"
"Ask me what?"
"He told me to stay away from Riley and Ciara, and I told him to mind his own business. Then he said to ask you. What did he mean?"
Jake sighed, suddenly finding his shoes very interesting. Eventually he looked up, "Beth..." he started, "Beth suffered from depression, she'd been doing okay, taking her meds and seeing her psychotherapist... Then Ciara befriended her, and she started hanging out with her. Something happened one night, when she was with Ciara and Riley... The next day she was really upset but she wouldn't talk to me about it, she stopped taking her medication, she stopped seeing her therapist..." Jake shrugged, "I'm sure you can work out the rest."
Alex reached across for his hand, pulling him close.

"I'm sorry... Thank you for telling me. Do you really think that Riley...?"
"I don't know, but I do know I'd rather you stayed away from them, especially whilst I'm out of town."
"Okay." replied Alex meekly.
"So... how much did you actually have to drink last night?"
Alex paused in thought, "I just remember having two, one not long after I arrived, another just as I was leaving. I might have had more, but I just don't remember..."
"Just... just be careful okay?"
"Now," he added, "How about some reading, pass me that comic!" said Jake obviously wanting to change the subject.
"Sure thing, boss!"

Lab Assistant
#86 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 5:41 PM
I love this story Romy.....just reminding you of that...haha....I have to read it at your blog though....and check twice daily....:D
Scholar
#87 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 5:46 PM
How did she end up at Lorcan's house...
As she was blacking out, the one who grabbed her arm was Lorcan? And then um.. he had to fight off Riley.. er .. I need to know his role LOL
Great updates again Romy. This story just gets better and better.
Test Subject
#88 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 6:28 PM
Great story Romy !
I'm in love with Jake !

Who ? Me ?!?
Scholar
#89 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 6:39 PM
He's a hottie...
#90 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 7:37 PM
Ooo, this story just gets better & better! I'm so glad Alex & Jake kissed

Luthiies - yep Jake is HOT, but so are Lorcan & Riley (",)
#91 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 8:31 PM
I haven't seen an ugly sim in this series yet!
Scholar
Original Poster
#92 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annette
I haven't seen an ugly sim in this series yet!

You think the bus driver was hot??
Scholar
Original Poster
#93 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 10:42 PM
Default Chapter Twenty Five
Alex was glad things seemed to be back to normal, at least the surface anyway. The rest of Saturday passed quietly, she helped Jake with his reading, went shopping, just a regular day. By nightfall she was too tired to care about sleeping in the bedroom upstairs, she crawled into bed and fell into a heavy, dreamless sleep.

"I'd better go and see Lorcan today." she explained to Jake the next morning, "To apologise for the other night."
"Okay."
"I'll see you later."

"Jesus! Do you know what time it is!" exclaimed Lorcan, answering the door.
"Umm, about ten thirty?" Alex guessed.
"Yeah, and that's the middle of the night for a DJ!"
"Sorry," apologised Alex. "Can I come in for a moment?"
"Sure, just let me throw on some clothes."

"I just came round to apologise for the other night. I'm sorry I rushed off in the morning... I wasn't feeling too great."
"Look, I'm just glad you're okay."
Alex studied a slight fray on the rug. "Tell me," she said slowly. "What exactly happened?"
"I saw you having a drink with Riley, you were swaying like you were drunk. Then Ciara came over and started leading you outside. I didn't want you alone with them so I took you home here. You're lucky one of my friends was there, I could have lost my job walking out with you like that."
"I'm sorry." she said again. "Why did you do it?"
"Didn't you ask Jake about them?"
Alex nodded.
"Beth was my cousin... you look so much like her, and seeing you with them..." He shrugged, "I didn't want you to end up like her."
"Was I drinking alot?" asked Alex.
"I didn't notice, you weren't there for that long, and I saw you dancing with Riley alot."
Alex rubbed her hands over her face as if to rub away the memories. She stood up, "Thank you Lorcan. Sorry I woke you up."
"Stop apologising!" he yawned, "I'm up now so I may as well go to church, I'm not often up this early on a Sunday."
"Would you mind if I came with you?"
"Not at all, let me grab my scarf, it looks like it's been snowing."

Although she wasn't religious Alex sat back and enjoyed the flow of the sermon. She found the words soothing, the singing uplifting.

Afterwards, Lorcan led her to the small cemetary next door. He walked over to a small, insignificant headstone in a far corner. She read the inscription, 'Here Lies Elizabeth Morgan Henderson, Born 27th August 1988, Died 8th May 2005.'

Scholar
Original Poster
#94 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 10:46 PM
Default Chapter Twenty Six
It had been a curious and tiring weekend, Alex was glad to get back to work, some kind of routine and normalcy.
"Hey!" shouted Gary as she walked through the door, "You got to get yourself a phone! Mary called in sick and I need someone to cover her shift this afternoon."
"Sure, I'll do it." replied Alex.
"And you'll see about getting a phone?"
"Yes, boss!"
Gary glowered at her insolent tone, "Make sure you do!"

Alex was tidying up the counter after the morning rush when she heard a customer entering. "Hi gorgeous!" She looked up and saw Riley smiling tenderly at her, her stomach gave a flip, was it nerves or something else?
"How are you feeling?" he asked.
"Okay."
"Did you get home safely on Friday?"
"Hmmm?"
"Ciara said she put you in a cab?"
"Oh... yeah, I got home okay."
"You seem a bit off with me today, have I done something to upset you?" he asked anxiously.
Alex looked up into his eyes, he seemed genuinely concerned and she couldn't stop the small smile that unfurled across her lips. Could Jake be wrong? She gave a small shake of her head, "No... I'm just tired."

"I've been worried about you all weekend, I couldn't call you, and since you won't tell me where you live..."
"It's nothing personal... it's just..." she interupted.
"It's okay, I know Jake's a private person. But anyway... I bought you a present." he said drawing a small package out of his pocket.
Alex stared at it, if she accepted it would it mean something? What would Jake say? And in that instant she knew she couldn't accept it. She glanced up and say his eyes gleaming with childlike pleasure, slowly turning to devastation as he read the mistrust on her face. She felt a flutter in her chest as she reached out with a quivering smile and unwrapped the small parcel.
She looked down at the mobile phone, "I won't need to worry about you anymore." he stated.
Alex tried unsuccessfully to suppress the big grin spreading across her face, "Thank you Riley, it's just what I need!"
"Do you want to meet up for a drink later?"
"Oh, sorry, I'm working a double shift today, someone called in sick. I'll probably be too tired."
"Tomorrow?"
"I don't know... let's see how it goes."
"Okay... are you sure everything's okay?" he urged.
"Yes, like I said, I'm just a bit tired. Maybe I'm coming down with something."
Riley hesitated. "Was there something else?" asked Alex.
"Well, actually," he said blushing slightly, "Ciara wated me to invite you and Jake round to dinner on Thursday, to celebrate Thanksgiving."
"Oh! I'm not sure if Jake will be home."
Riley nodded towards her phone, "Why don't you ask him?"

Scholar
#95 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 10:51 PM
DON'T FALL FOR IT ALEX!!!
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun

I ditto this!! I wouldn't trust him with my dirty socks!

my stories:
Something Lost
Scholar
Original Poster
#97 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun
Quote: Originally posted by leos_pride
I ditto this!! I wouldn't trust him with my dirty socks!

Don't be nasty to my Riley! :handbag:
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 12:12 AM
Because you are sticking up for him...does this mean we are wrong???

my stories:
Something Lost
Scholar
Original Poster
#99 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leos_pride
Because you are sticking up for him...does this mean we are wrong???

Nah, I just think he's cute :D
#100 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 12:55 AM
I just read the whole story xD
And there are a few things I want to say :p

Jake is my LOOVEE!
Riley creeps me out xD
Jake is my LOOVEE!
I think Alex is Beth... In some way.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot, but I just wanted to say that this story is amazing :o
Page 4 of 36