Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 3:30 PM
WCIF a mod for sims with they/them pronouns?
the options to edit gender are really really cool, but I would love if there was an option to change your sims pronouns preference, the great majority of my sims are LGBT+ and I feel like only being able to choose between two pronouns is a bit limiting, so it would be really nice to have a mod that changes that, so has anyone come across a mod like that before?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 7:29 PM
the closest thing i've found is where people have changed all the game text to be gender-neutral. i'm currently learning python and i hope to eventually be able to mod genderqueer identities into the game among other things so we don't just have binary trans sims. i'm nonbinary myself and use they/them pronouns and i'm partway through editing the game strings to be gender-neutral purely so my selfsim isn't misgendered, but after this month's patch was announced i stopped working on it and decided to wait to create mods until the code overhaul has happened and there are more modding resources for newbies using the new version of the code.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 8:28 AM
if you can manage to do that akw2796 , good luck btw! I hope you'll also try to make a mod where the sims would refer their parents as mom/dad or relatives as sister/brother/uncle/aunt etc. Even if that would only show up as text, it'd be so awesome and immersive!