Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 10:13 AM
Default How Often Do You Play Townies?
just asking because i avoid townies like the plague maybe its something to do with the face that the kid will only have 2 grandparents or how they never age without freetime etc etc

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 11:46 AM
You mean make them into playables or just have them in your neighbourhood?

My answers: never - I made them as moving scenery; yes, Little Carping has a cohort of townies

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 11:47 AM
both i guess i only use them when i have i custom hood

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 12:36 PM
It depends on what happens in the game.
If one of my sims wants to date/get engaged to/marry a townie - we proceed doing just that, if it suits me. Most of the time it does
(I like the Maxi townies, and missed them deeply when I tried to play without them).
Theorist
#5 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 1:01 PM
Not the default Townies. I really dislike them, replaced them a long time ago.

With my custom ones...yes.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 1:44 PM
there children can be quite unattractive too eg:christy stratton and an alien hybrid
Screenshots

My Tumblr
Theorist
#7 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
there children can be quite unattractive too eg:christy stratton and an alien hybrid

It's because they use all those awful Maxis templates. I have downloaded some custom ones from this side and others that still look unique, just not as...blergh...as many of the thones Maxis provided.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 2:35 PM
right now in my custom hood of odell bay i've placed them into a senior residence (i'll upload to mts eventually but cant be bothered right now lol and it isn't my creation it is made by the author of new Maximiliana a sims 2 blog but she's permitted me to upload) and they are loving their life as they are doing their ltws romancing and fighting eachother and even if a townie is married they go if they have kids with another townie they both go when the eldest is a teen

My Tumblr
Link Ninja
#9 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 3:29 PM
I used to avoid them all, send them home right after a sim brought them home from work or school but then at one point I got the gussy up plug in and now I like catching them and giving them head-to-toe-makeovers. Sometimes I'll even let my sims interact with them now.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 3:48 PM
I love the Pleasantview townies and most of the time I'll make them playable, as well as most of the NPCs. Turning back time in premade hoods is something I adore, and when I do that, I'll either have the townies grow up as kids in an orphanage or invent families for them in CAS, Newly generated townies I usually ignore, unless some playable sim fall head over heels for one or something.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 4:41 PM
I only ever don't include townies when tacking on neighborhoods as shopping districts. It'd clog up the game too much, and I'm happy with the Pleasantview townies and downtownies as they are. Sometimes I move townies in who have had years-long friendships with certain sims to keep things realistic. If they were friends all throughout adolescence and adulthood, why wouldn't they age right along with my sim and then die sometime around their time of death as well? Also, if a sim has three bolts with a townie and is in love with them, I'll move them in. Or, if the townie has three bolts with a playable, I'll have a different playable move them in as a roommate so things with the townie/playable romance can progress realistically.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xiove
I love the Pleasantview townies and most of the time I'll make them playable, as well as most of the NPCs. Turning back time in premade hoods is something I adore, and when I do that, I'll either have the townies grow up as kids in an orphanage or invent families for them in CAS, Newly generated townies I usually ignore, unless some playable sim fall head over heels for one or something.

I have swung 360 degree on the Pleasantview townies, from using them all the time to get rid of them for other hoods but now I am back using them again.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Forum Resident
#13 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 4:51 PM
I play a custom neighborhood called Redwood Cove and I created all of my townies. Townies are employed in businesses owned by playable Sims and some have been made playable to add to the neighborhood storyline. Redwood Cove is where members of my legacy family lives. Townies are allowed to shop and hang-out in playable owned establishments, but are not allowed to live in Redwood Cove. There are also some places in Redwood Cove that are off-limits to townies. Townies that I've made playable reside in Sea Island Village a sub-hood of Redwood Cove.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 4:55 PM
i've been considering that but for now townies live in houses together

My Tumblr
Scholar
#15 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 6:10 PM
Except for my Acadien hood, where marriages were planned from the cradle and almost nobody "married out," I allow my Sims to marry as they please, whether to a playable or a townie/dormie.

In my first BaCC, I moved townies in as soon as playables had a good enough relationship with them, then moved them out to start up their own household and expand the community. I found it rather nice to actually get to know a few more of them. I'll be playing townies into the current BaCC as well, but I have different rules for this one so I won't be focusing as much on befriending them just to move them in.
Instructor
#16 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 4:35 PM
I like intergrating the towines into the neighbourhood or interacting them with my playables. It allows me to come up with backstories of why a certain townine may be in the career that they are in or why are they interacting with my playable and things like that. Sometimes I end up making them playable, sometimes they end up just as enjoyable as the playables.

For example, I was playing the Belladonna Gove neighbourhood and my playable sim was in the business career if I remember correctly; she had met co-worker and social towine Christy Inada (sp?) they became friends, at the time my playable was also friends with Gearhead/Tech? Towine La Shawn Cameron. Everytime my playable would invite one of the towines over for some lunch or dinner, the other towine would aso turn up on the lot.

Long story short, it was my playable that ended up setting up La Shawn and Chritsy up, they ended up married, adopted some children and owned two businesses. One of thier children ended up marrying one of my playable's children (the one that set them up in the first place).
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:14 AM
I enjoy playing with the townies. I do have some custom face templates installed so they are not too ugly. But I found myself removing some of the templates because I missed the original faces. I can't imagine a neighborhood without Goopy or Benjamin.
Alchemist
#18 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 10:23 PM
in past times playing I made all of Strangetown's pre-made Townies playable. also some of Pleasantview's pre-made Townies.
and made a bunch of Townies in a custom neighborhood playable; both the ones that were created with neighborhood's creation and ones generated after neighborhood's creation.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 10:52 PM
I play them when they get involved in the story. And a bunch of my duplicated Pleasantview townies got aged down and placed in my playable orphanage..

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 2:42 PM
I do play with townies, just not the default ones. I hardly ever touch the maxis hoods anymore, Instead I like to build my own. I got tired of the pleasant view townies crawling around my custom hoods. Plus I absolutely hated that with every EP custom hoods start out with like 300+ characters before even creating any playables, so I now use clean templates and create my own or take out notownieregen and let the game spawn new ones some times, if I'm too lazy to do it myself. The only problem with that is my game is obsessed with spawning the AL townies and will not make regular ones.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 4:34 AM
Sometimes I do. Right now, Lili Do, is married to AJ Loner, Earl Pitts, is married to Sandy Fairchild, and Grizzlie Ottomas, is married to Meadow Thayer.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 6:31 AM
One time I found ALL the townee kids, brought them to a house to have a nice life. It just seemed so WRONG that they are homeless, and when their childhood BFF becomes a grandmother, they can be friends to all the new kids. Have done the same with teens in a new hood, where they all went to college together. Adults? Are just breeding material, so they either have to be pretty, or pretty weird.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 5:22 AM
I introduce some of the better-looking townies (I do have some default replacements) to my Sims. They marry into families and create some nice looking kids. Usually when I can't be bothered creating a new Sim.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 11:59 PM
After reinstalling the game on a different computer and being so excited to play the game I didn't want to bother with various things, I can honestly say that the townies really add something to the game. Some of the Sims like and become friends with the townies, others don't.

However, I will say that townies can take away from the feeling of having a small town in the middle of nowhere (IMO what they were going for with Strangetown). Especially if the intended storyline is the playables being the only sims around for miles.

Also, "agesimscheat on" to the best of my knowledge has been deemed safe to use, so as I don't have the EP that adds aging if someone really wants to get married to a townie they dated in high school they can still do so as adults.