Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 2:34 PM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 8th Nov 2017 at 3:06 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Aging up townies - refill?
I play the Genderswapped neighbourhood. It has a lot of household in houses and I don't like to play them all.
I want to make those sims I don't play townies (I know how).
But then I was wondering when I age up townies and they die eventually, will the game regenerate townies?

Or to summarize it in one question:
How can I prevent the game from regenerating townies?

I don't mind there are townies in the first place (I don't want a townie-clean neighbourhood), but when a townie dies and the amount of townies go from 100 to 99 I don't want the game from "refilling" the townie "pool" to 100. I want it to stay 99.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 2:43 PM
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zena-Dew-Drop
notownieregen

Thanks, but is there some explantion that comes with it.
I rather download it from the forum itself then from a database.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Inventor
#4 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 3:21 PM Last edited by Sketching : 8th Nov 2017 at 3:44 PM.
If you download the zip file, the RTFM is inside - that's also how it goes for most of Pescado's hacks from the directory.

You can find some of his mods on the forum boards, but they created the directory so that users may find the mods compatible with their game configurations since he upgraded several of them for the EPs. You may have difficulty searching for the various versions on the boards, they might not be updated, and some of them don't even exist on the boards anymore.

Edit: Here's a rundown of his mod descriptions - http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,2086.0.html
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
If you download the zip file, the RTFM is inside - that's also how it goes for most of Pescado's hacks from the directory.

You can find some of his mods on the forum boards, but they created the directory so that users may find the mods compatible with their game configurations since he upgraded several of them for the EPs. You may have difficulty searching for the various versions on the boards, they might not be updated, and some of them don't even exist on the boards anymore.

Edit: Here's a rundown of his mod descriptions - http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,2086.0.html

Thanks. It's very helpful when downloading the other mods.

For my question above, is it necessary to download notowniechildren as well?
Or does notownieregen implies townie children as well?
Cause that's not said in the description or rtfm file of the mod notownieregen.

Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 4:50 PM
Well, considering notowniechildren is not listed in the directory for AL and the rundown says notowniechildren is "Not Nightlife Compatible - Discontinued for Nightlife," I would assume it's obsolete and notownieregen will also take care of the children too.

I think notowniechildren just meant that if a child was removed from the townie pool, they would be replaced with an adult instead of another child. If you have notownieregen nobody is getting replaced anyway, so notowniechildren would be pointless.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 7:26 PM
Well, considering notowniechildren is not listed in the directory for AL and the rundown says notowniechildren is "Not Nightlife Compatible - Discontinued for Nightlife," I would assume it's obsolete and notownieregen will also take care of the children too.

I think notowniechildren just meant that if a child was removed from the townie pool, they would be replaced with an adult instead of another child. If you have notownieregen nobody is getting replaced anyway, so notowniechildren would be pointless.

You know notowniechildren is Not Nightlife Compatible because it says so in the thread, but it's in the directory for AL.
So you would asume it's compatible with AL and all EP's below so also Nightlife.

But I guess I just don't use it then.

Field Researcher
#8 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 8:02 PM
I'm sorry, I really looked through the AL directory, as in /ffs/al/hacks/ and I can't see notowniechildren. Are you sure it's there?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 8:54 PM
I'm sorry, I really looked through the AL directory, as in /ffs/al/hacks/ and I can't see notowniechildren. Are you sure it's there?

You're right. I can't find it anymore. That's weird.
I must have looked wrong. Sorry.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 10:12 PM
It's all townies and downtownies. Dormies is a separate file, pets is another separate one. It covers all ages child to elder. Also since its a Pescado mod don't expect proper read me's or explanations, if you get one with even a bit of needed information you have a bonus.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 11:33 AM
notowniechildren is in the "orig" folder, which I assume is for hacks meant for a game running with only the base and no EPs. I don't see it in any of the EP folders. He must have abandoned it fairly early on.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...orig%2Fhacks%2F

I think notowniechildren just meant that if a child was removed from the townie pool, they would be replaced with an adult instead of another child

Confirmed by the readme in the zip file.
Scholar
#12 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I don't mind there are townies in the first place (I don't want a townie-clean neighbourhood), but when a townie dies and the amount of townies go from 100 to 99 I don't want the game from "refilling" the townie "pool" to 100. I want it to stay 99.

By default the game will only make new townies if the pool drops to 25, it doesn't initially check age or gender so if you have 25 or more then no more checks are made and no more will be generated. Maxis effectively broke that in the first EP as dormies are all townies and 'flood' the pool so in a default game townies don't regenerate.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
By default the game will only make new townies if the pool drops to 25, it doesn't initially check age or gender so if you have 25 or more then no more checks are made and no more will be generated. Maxis effectively broke that in the first EP as dormies are all townies and 'flood' the pool so in a default game townies don't regenerate.

So I can still use notownieregen because when the pool of dormies and townies drops under 25, the game will still regenerate townies and dormies if I don't have this mod.

When the game refills the pool if the pool contains eg 24 townies/dormies will it refill the pool till 25 or more?

Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
So I can still use notownieregen because when the pool of dormies and townies drops under 25, the game will still regenerate townies and dormies if I don't have this mod.

When the game refills the pool if the pool contains eg 24 townies/dormies will it refill the pool till 25 or more?

No. If you have notownieregen then you'll get no new townies no matter how many you already have.
Scholar
#15 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 2:15 PM
Of coarse you can.
If the pool drops to 25 or less then it will check what age group is needs more and tops that age group up, it counts Young Adults as adults so the count is off. If you like to age townies up with your children/teens then they are the most likely to need/get topping up.
If you have added any default Universities then each one will have added about 55 young adults to the townie pool so it'll never, ever drop to 25.

Note: A&N tracks the townie pool differently so notownieregen and antiredundancy don't override any used op-codes and make no difference in A&N.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 4:18 PM
I tested Jawasa's empty hoods with notownieregen and nodormieregen in my game. As for townies and dormies: there were none. And they never arrived. (nodormieregen is needed for Uni).

The game generated only the functional ones - eg. paper and mail delivery, hobby sims in the main hood and only the mascots, cheer leaders and some professors in Uni.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 5:45 PM
Yeah, playing a dorm is kind of...creepy with nodormieregen, because it's just so empty! Sure, mascots and cheerleaders show up from time to time, but all the rooms just sit empty. I think I'd prefer a few manually created dormies.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 6:43 PM
My students fill the rooms (always 6 rooms, 6 playables). I just put all the bin sims, townies and dormies back - I missed them anyway (I still have 2 empty hood hoods and one for building, though).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 9:54 PM
Basically if you want the game to make townies remove the mod, if you don't want it to make townies put in the mod. You can however make townies yourself whenever you want to, mod or no mod. Make a sim/s in CAS- place on an empty residential lot- click make townie on Inge's teleporter cat- they walk off into townie land.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#20 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 5:22 AM
I used the sim blender to make some in one hood.
Inventor
#21 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 5:51 AM
You can also batch create them via cheats for the giggles of wardrobe malfunctions.

Non-CAS downtownies need a fix so that they stop generating with a set of fixed templates. Strangely, this sometimes affects NPC creation. No, I don't want even more clones, thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I used the sim blender to make some in one hood.

I use the insiminator