Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 3:33 PM Last edited by Gamegenius : 19th Nov 2017 at 7:42 AM.
Default I'm looking for a good town or city that doesn't lag on my Intel Celeron.
Okay before you say that the laptop is too old and cheap to play a CPU heavy game like Sims 3 hear me out. I'm only on it because my last 2 laptops with an Intel i3 broke and I only plan to be on this only I get a better laptop hopefully on Christmas or at least when I earn enough to buy a better one and I was able to play a smaller town without too much problem. Anyways playing Sunset Valley on this laptop is like watching a slideshow and i'm wondering if you know any good worlds that I could install on it that's similar to Sunset Valley while not being as CPU intensive as SV.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gamegenius
Okay before you say that the laptop is too old and cheap to play CPU heavy game like Sims 3 hear me out. I'm only on it because my last 2 laptops with an Intel i3 broke and I only plan to be on this only I get a better laptop hopefully on Christmas or at least when I earn enough to buy a better one and I was able to play a smaller town without too much problem. Anyways playing Sunset Valley on this laptop is like watching a slideshow and i'm wondering if you know any good worlds that I could install on it that's similar to Sunset Valley while not being as CPU intensive as SV.

I was CC "shopping" and came across this site with this world---
https://descargassims-cc.jimdo.com/neighborhoods/

Sunny Town was the first one and says it is for an older computer...maybe it will hold you over...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:13 AM Last edited by Gamegenius : 19th Nov 2017 at 7:43 AM.
Thank you I'll try it out when I have a chance but I was also looking for something a little more bigger to put more houses and public buildings in without it taking a big toll on my system. However I did find a town called Old Pines on the same page that might not be heavy on the CPU.
Theorist
#4 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 6:45 PM
Thank you I'll try it out when I have a chance but I was also looking for something a little more bigger to put more houses and public buildings in without it taking a big toll on my system. However I did find a town called Old Pines on the same page that might not be heavy on the CPU.

I'm glad you found something. That site has a lot of nice worlds.
Another good site is
http://www.mysimrealty.com

I'm currently playing Redwood Harbor.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:42 AM
Wow that's a lot to choose from. I hope I would get a new and better laptop soon so I could enjoy those worlds better without lag and I only have 6.60 Gbs of storage left on the laptop out of 279 so I guess it's best that I don't. I think I'll just stick with Sunny Town and Old Pines for now.Thanks for the suggestion though.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:49 AM
Wow that's a lot to choose from. I hope I would get a new and better laptop soon so I could enjoy those worlds and I have only 6.60 Gbs of storage left on the laptop out of 279 so I guess it's best that I don't so I think I'll just stick with Sunny Town and Old Pines.Thanks for the suggestion though.

Hate to have to point this out, but even on a temporary setup processor performance is going to be the least of your issues if you are running Windows with only 2% free space. How is paging to virtual memory supposed to happen? Best practices dictate at least around 15% free space for Windows to maneuver. For the game to function properly, meaning not totally freezing and locking up/crashing, I would recommend at least 35 GB free.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 5:05 AM
I would remove some stuff to make space for it but the only problem is that i'm a hoarder and most of the space is taken up by games,CC from Sims 2,3 and even 1. I also have some miscellaneous stuff that I don't know what to do with yet and surprisingly even with that little space the game still doesn't crash on me, it may lag some but that's mainly because I was playing in a larger town like SV but it does pretty well with Sunny Town now.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 5:13 AM Last edited by igazor : 20th Nov 2017 at 5:36 AM.
I would remove some stuff to make space for it but my only problem is that i'm a hoarder and most of the space is taken by games,CC from Sims 2,3 and even 1. I also have some miscellaneous stuff that I don't know what to do with yet

Sorry if this sounds insensitive, but the laws of physics don't care what your motivation is for having a stuffed hard drive. But maybe you could offload some of these things that you don't use every day to USB thumb drives?

Even web browsers often won't be able to function properly with that little free space to work with on the drive they and Windows are running from. But the game constantly crashing on you would probably be even more frustrating especially if it takes more than a few minutes to load up each time.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 5:18 AM
I wish I could but i'm running out of space on those too but I do have some hard drives that I could probably use for it.