Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
And I don't think many people on MTS are as controlling of their sims as all that! I'm not into realism past a certain point; I want characterization. You don't get that by keeping your sims on a short leash.

I have no idea what a "Wishacy" is or whatever it is you're all apparently talking about, but I micromanage my sims quite a bit and I'm certainly not a teen/YA (I have a child irl who's about to become a teen and in sims "equivalents" would already be one). I believe that a sim's wants are a very important part of their characterization, and fulfilling wants is how I develop that character. Obviously I don't fulfill every want (like if a male sim decides he wants to fall in love with his also male and very straight best friend or when a married romance sim decides he wants to fall in love with his also married neighbour...hahah, no), but I certainly don't specifically avoid fulfilling wants as some sort of general rule. I don't understand why I would ever want to do that; I guess I'm missing something. I've only ever actually had one sim go into aspiration failure and that was in a family straight out of CAS where the husband told his wife a dirty joke during the move in cinematic, causing her to fall out of love with him. It was hilarious, but it certainly isn't something I'd want to see in my game on a regular basis. I like to see my sims happy, healthy, and successful. I don't think that's a sign of either immaturity or maturity; it's just a play style. I'm sure we all have our own play styles that work for us and that's why we use them. Bottom line, the game is supposed to be fun, after all, so we all do what we find fun. And I don't think our real life age has much at all to do with that!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:14 AM
It’s never been about realism for me. Sims are sims, not humans, so they don’t need to age proportionally to humans do. Instead, I’ve changed age stages so that they suit my personal preference.

Babies: 3 days
Toddlers: 5 days
Children: 8 days
Teens: 8 days (I may extend it a couple more days in the future because 8 days makes any budding romances seem rushed, but that’s a decision for another day)
Young adults: 8 days (=24 hour semesters... for now) I’ll admit I’m not always committed to graduating sims immediately after their last final, so some sims stay young adults longer.
Adults: 36 days... For now. One of these days I’ll figure out how to edit ACR to work with this age span (I have exactly zero modding experience so I’m in no rush), but as it is most couples end up with two kids with no intervention from me- even ones who don’t want them! - so they don’t really need to be fertile for longer.
Elders: 10-27 days (Honestly with elders I’ll age them down/up with the blender or elixir depending on how much I like the sim)

One slight issue is that I also have Phae’s summer vacation mod, so children and teens don’t have school in summer. Since childhood/teenhood together is 16 days, some kids miss out on a good chunk of school while others aren’t so lucky. I’m leaving it as is for now, though.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#103 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 5:22 AM
A summer vacation mod works best when you use a longer aging mod. Another way if you like the short aging would be to shorten the season to say 2-3 days.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#104 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 9:39 PM
Yeah, I'm sure it does. I just like it best when my sim kids aren't in school, so the fact that they spend a lot of time out of it is fine, even if it doesn't really make sense.

I've considered shortening the season- and I might actually do it someday- but for now it just doesn't bother me enough to worry about it.
Page 5 of 5