Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1426
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 1272 times.
Search this Thread
Old 13th Sep 2017, 3:21 AM [SOLVED!] Error Reports (Please help?) #1
Mizuki_Ukitake
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 96
Thanks: 12 in 1 Posts
2 Achievements


Pretty sure this is happening because of one of my mods, but I don't know which, and when I try to read the report in Notepad, everything blends together because it's incredibly long.
If I sound short, I apologize, I had everything type up nice and neat and then my laptop fell on the floor and I had to restart it, thus losing my entire post.

What happens:
At seemingly random times, to no apparent effect, I will get an orange error notification while playing. It's ridiculously long, but all I could really gather from it was "visit the Tumblr page for help" and that the details were saved in "lastException.txt". It had no error-relevant information at all. This error seems to have no effect on the game, the sims continue what they're doing as if nothing is wrong, but it is quite obnoxious to see this notification repeatedly.

When it happens:
It almost seems random, though I have noticed it often happens after I tell sims to do something. Pay the bills, run here, pick up your baby, say your vows, etc. Sometimes it happens when a sim autonomously decides to do something. Again, though, there seems to be no issues with the sims when the error message does pop up.

The whole of lastException.txt is much longer than the quote below, but when I skimmed it, it appeared to be a repeat of the top section here, so I'm only including the last two entries.



EDIT:
I figured I should include a list of the mods I'm using.
This does not include eyes, hair, items or traits.

Last edited by Mizuki_Ukitake : 13th Sep 2017 at 10:12 AM.
Old 13th Sep 2017, 4:06 AM #2
aparkison
Scholar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,077


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuki_Ukitake
Pretty sure this is happening because of one of my mods, but I don't know which, and when I try to read the report in Notepad, everything blends together because it's incredibly long.
If I sound short, I apologize, I had everything type up nice and neat and then my laptop fell on the floor and I had to restart it, thus losing my entire post.

What happens:
At seemingly random times, to no apparent effect, I will get an orange error notification while playing. It's ridiculously long, but all I could really gather from it was "visit the Tumblr page for help" and that the details were saved in "lastException.txt". It had no error-relevant information at all. This error seems to have no effect on the game, the sims continue what they're doing as if nothing is wrong, but it is quite obnoxious to see this notification repeatedly.

When it happens:
It almost seems random, though I have noticed it often happens after I tell sims to do something. Pay the bills, run here, pick up your baby, say your vows, etc. Sometimes it happens when a sim autonomously decides to do something. Again, though, there seems to be no issues with the sims when the error message does pop up.

The whole of lastException.txt is much longer than the quote below, but when I skimmed it, it appeared to be a repeat of the top section here, so I'm only including the last two entries.



EDIT:
I figured I should include a list of the mods I'm using.
This does not include eyes, hair, items or traits.



Are you running the latest patch? If so, I know for sure that the no dishes in bathroom sinks mod doesn't work, because I've recently just updated it for myself. Also there's a new version of the Simulation Lag Fix mod by a different author. I've never used either of them, because I don't have the simulation lag problem in my game.

You've got some other outdated mods too: like the tea for kids mod and I'm guessing the woohoo is exercise mod probably needs updated since the author has been gone for at least a couple of months now. I use the Uncomfortable Overhaul mod myself and I've not had any LE's generated. I know if you took this to Deaderpool over at Discord that him and his helpers are going to tell you to test with only MC Command Center, see if the problem goes away, and then do the 50/50 method with your other mods and custom content till you see specifically what's triggering the problem.
Old 13th Sep 2017, 7:59 AM #3
Mizuki_Ukitake
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 96
Thanks: 12 in 1 Posts
2 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by aparkison
Are you running the latest patch? If so, I know for sure that the no dishes in bathroom sinks mod doesn't work, because I've recently just updated it for myself. Also there's a new version of the Simulation Lag Fix mod by a different author. I've never used either of them, because I don't have the simulation lag problem in my game.

You've got some other outdated mods too: like the tea for kids mod and I'm guessing the woohoo is exercise mod probably needs updated since the author has been gone for at least a couple of months now. I use the Uncomfortable Overhaul mod myself and I've not had any LE's generated. I know if you took this to Deaderpool over at Discord that him and his helpers are going to tell you to test with only MC Command Center, see if the problem goes away, and then do the 50/50 method with your other mods and custom content till you see specifically what's triggering the problem.


I deleted the ones you confirmed to be outdated, and I'm attempting to do as you suggested.
After a couple hours of moving files back and forth, I finally found the PlantSim Trait mod was out of date. Thanks for your help!
Old 13th Sep 2017, 8:04 AM #4
aparkison
Scholar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,077


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuki_Ukitake
I deleted the ones you confirmed to be outdated, and I'm attempting to do as you suggested.
After a couple hours of moving files back and forth, I finally found the PlantSim Trait mod was out of date. Thanks for your help!


No problem! I don't use custom traits for the very reason that we get so many patches that I worry about traits getting broken and losing a Sim from it.
Old 13th Sep 2017, 10:12 AM #5
Mizuki_Ukitake
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 96
Thanks: 12 in 1 Posts
2 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by aparkison
No problem! I don't use custom traits for the very reason that we get so many patches that I worry about traits getting broken and losing a Sim from it.


I'm just glad it wasn't the Children Traits! When I downloaded it, I hadn't realized it asked that I have that new Parenthood pack, but surprisingly it works just fine on Monah. xD
I would have been devastated if it turned out she was down one trait!
Reply


Section jump:


Powered by MariaDB Some icons by http://dryicons.com.