Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#19676 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 7:54 AM
I'm even more old fashioned lol. I'd secretly like to wear Victorian era dresses and I listen to Opera.
Advertisement
Scholar
#19677 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 9:32 AM
Got animal border print in my bedroom. I like it more than if it was just blue.
Mad Poster
#19678 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 3:54 PM
The family moved out.

The nanny is gone

To be honest, I moved all the families out. There are just too many glitches in this hood, so I am doing a 50/50 before another sim decides to vanish into thin air or something stupid.

Everything seems to work okay without any body shop items in the game - I did not expect that, but it looks like that right now - so my sims are now parading around in their maxi outfits and maxi hair until I find the culprit.

On days like these, I am tempted to return to the vanilla game - but then, perhaps I should just get rid of some hairs.
Theorist
#19679 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 4:33 PM Last edited by Misty_2004 : 4th Jul 2019 at 7:36 PM.
Charity I think that's not a secret now. I remember thinking like that when I was young. Since then I've watched too much historical stuff, including someone getting dressed in that garb and any thoughts of wanting to wear that stuff went straight out the window. I like the conveniences of modern clothing way too much.

YMMV but my base tastes stay the same and I still have a fondness for the things I have all my life (same designs, shapes, etc.), and by now even more of those things create nostalgia. Much of what I appreciate the most are old and I finally figured out the reason for that is because the designs are detailed and intricate. I've found no such thing as a favorite color, just favorite ways of using certain colors. And right now I go to a store and I see cold, unfriendly stainless steel, and gray, and a lot of other things screaming their bright colors out at me.

There's a lot more that goes in to this discussion but it probably doesn't belong here.

P.S. One thing I have found recently is that while previously I usually went in for a lot more old-fashioned, Victorian, etc. type decorating I've been finding it rather depressing and now I want to build brighter, more cheerful looking environments. This isn't anything new, it's something that happened while playing Sims 3. Since all of a sudden I could create any color I ever dreamed of at the click of a mouse button without having to make a ton of CC my decorating style took a dramatic turn. I still was using some of the same type of objects but with pretty colors (and no, not anything like LACK, just generally overall brighter).
Forum Resident
#19680 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 5:34 PM
If I build a community lot in a uni hood, then put it in the lot bin and place it in a non-uni subhood, will it function correctly? Meaning normal townies, etc. show up, not young adults?
Scholar
#19681 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 7:13 PM
I can't figure out the cause of death for one of my Sims.

I played the big dorm with 5 playables, All but one were on the 1st floor with me watching them (with our family cat on my lap... ). Suddenly my playables had rotating tombstones above their heads and one thumbnail disappeared. I searched for the urn or tombstone all over the big lot and finally found it by the train set on the 2nd floor. I'm absolutely sure there wasn't a fire, the train set was left intact, the build/buy buttons weren't dimmed. The dead Sim's portrait in other Sims' memories shows her with red patches on her face. So she did get herself burned. But how? Or was it a rare case of spontaneous combustion? But it was autumn, no way she could be overheated, especially right after waking up.
Scholar
#19682 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amairani
I can't figure out the cause of death for one of my Sims.

I played the big dorm with 5 playables, All but one were on the 1st floor with me watching them (with our family cat on my lap... ). Suddenly my playables had rotating tombstones above their heads and one thumbnail disappeared. I searched for the urn or tombstone all over the big lot and finally found it by the train set on the 2nd floor. I'm absolutely sure there wasn't a fire, the train set was left intact, the build/buy buttons weren't dimmed. The dead Sim's portrait in other Sims' memories shows her with red patches on her face. So she did get herself burned. But how? Or was it a rare case of spontaneous combustion? But it was autumn, no way she could be overheated, especially right after waking up.

The only thing I can think of is that she got too hot and randomly burst into flames. This happened to a townie walking by before in my game, he had red patches and was doing the sweat animations and then suddenly burst into flames and died. Hopefully someone else will know for sure though.
Scholar
#19683 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
The only thing I can think of is that she got too hot and randomly burst into flames. This happened to a townie walking by before in my game, he had red patches and was doing the sweat animations and then suddenly burst into flames and died. Hopefully someone else will know for sure though.

It sounds like spontaneous combustion...
Why I never follow the sims when something interesting happens. Camera always happens to be on another floor/at some other place
Mad Poster
#19684 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
If I build a community lot in a uni hood, then put it in the lot bin and place it in a non-uni subhood, will it function correctly? Meaning normal townies, etc. show up, not young adults?

Without a mod, the available walkbys are based on the subhood the lot is in now, not where it was built.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#19685 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 9:07 PM
Sims can overheat in Autumn, if it's at the beginning of the season and especially if there's any condition that might contribute to it (such as exercising or taking a hot shower/bath). Sims can also be overheated, even right from sleeping, if their room isn't weather proof or if they were a visitor on another lot before loading their own lot. The only other sudden death option I can think of, outside starvation, would be if the sim was sick and you didn't realize it. If you wait for the ghost to spawn, the color will confirm how they died.
Alchemist
#19686 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 9:50 PM
about cause of death; the ghost's color could give an indication.
the snooty site had a page telling the cause for each ghost color. that page could be accessed through Wayback Machine version of site.
Scholar
#19687 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 1:49 AM
Has anyone actually tried attaching Sushigal007's Genderswapped Uberhood to their existing non-genderswapped Uberhood? I'm curious if it works or if it would corrupt due to Sim ID or whatever. I'm thinking maybe the Subhoods themselves would be a problem because they'd have the same name.. Hmm.. Perhaps I've just answered my own question, but I'll still leave it here in case anyone actually has tried this. :P
Mad Poster
#19688 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 2:31 AM
When a subhood is added, the sim IDs are updated so as not to conflict with existing ones. This was the source of the pregnancy glitch fixed with the Seasons patch - the program originally did not properly update the pregnancy controller for sims from subhoods (including stealth hoods) who were already pregnant, resulting in the wrong sim being assigned as the father in such cases.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#19689 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 9:11 AM
Turned out it was a death by "Train set" after all, I just witnessed how it happened to a nonplayable dormie. He caught fire and died within 4-5 seconds. Build/Buy buttons did grey out, but if you don't pay attention to them, you won't even notice, that's how fast everything goes. And once Sim dies, the fire disappears and the train set stands as if nothing happened.
I sold the damn thing.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19690 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 11:10 AM
There is a mod that stops that or otherwise you place a sprinkler above. Train sets have always caught on fire since they came out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#19691 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
When a subhood is added, the sim IDs are updated so as not to conflict with existing ones. This was the source of the pregnancy glitch fixed with the Seasons patch - the program originally did not properly update the pregnancy controller for sims from subhoods (including stealth hoods) who were already pregnant, resulting in the wrong sim being assigned as the father in such cases.

Thanks for this useful information! I'm guessing the only way to find out if it corrupts is to add it? I thought that the subhood names would conflict or something because there'd be 2 Desiderata Valley's, Pleasantviews etc. I have no idea why I want to try this out, it just seemed interesting.
Mad Poster
#19692 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 12:45 PM
I don't think they will. Don't see any reason why they should. The game identifies with numbers, not with text strings, all of which are freely editable. Mind you, you might get confused moving around in it.

Scholar
#19693 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 1:52 PM Last edited by Fyren5 : 8th Jul 2019 at 3:45 PM.
I don't think they will. Don't see any reason why they should. The game identifies with numbers, not with text strings, all of which are freely editable. Mind you, you might get confused moving around in it.

I know for sure that I will get confused which Pleasantview has what Sims, haha. Luckily I write down the order the Neighborhoods are in and a list of households in order. This is going to be fun to check out!! I might connect them somehow, I need to follow the tutorial about SimPE and editing relationships/family ties. That way I can connect University premades as well! Ooooh, I'm inspired!!!

Thanks so much for inspiring me to do this!! Haven't had much inspiration in months!!

Edit: It wouldn't work. Lientebollemeis said on a Sims 2 group on FB: In the genderswapped hood there is eg already a pleasantview but then genderswapped. You can't just add the regular pleasantview. You need to put the genderswapped sims in the sims bin, then delete the genderswapped pleasantview and then add the regular pleasantview. I tested this some time ago.
Theorist
#19694 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amairani
Turned out it was a death by "Train set" after all, I just witnessed how it happened to a nonplayable dormie. He caught fire and died within 4-5 seconds. Build/Buy buttons did grey out, but if you don't pay attention to them, you won't even notice, that's how fast everything goes. And once Sim dies, the fire disappears and the train set stands as if nothing happened.
I sold the damn thing.

Aw man! That happened to a Dormie a long time ago in my game. I might still have a picture but it's a 'hood that was corrupted and I may have deleted it. Anyway, yeah, it did not take very long at all. I like having the train set so I put in sprinklers and left it there.
Lab Assistant
#19695 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 10:55 AM
Giving A LOT of townies makeovers today. It takes quite some time to add them to the family (to buy clothes) and to go through all the simblender->appearance->nameofsim->makeover->surgery or simblender->appearance->nameofsim->makeover->changeappearance. I'm also thinking about updating my list of default clothes to make this a bit easier for myself.

QUESTION: Sims that have been changed in using the plastic surgery thingy won't pass on these new looks on their kids, will they? That would make sense if they didn't, although I really, really don't want my pretty playables to have children with "pretty" townies that will actually grow up to turn out looking something like this ಥ‿ಥ
Mad Poster
#19696 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 12:48 PM
No. They are like humans that way. We may have our noses trimmed so they look human, but our children could still look like macaws.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#19697 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 4:11 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 9th Jul 2019 at 5:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
I know for sure that I will get confused which Pleasantview has what Sims, haha. Luckily I write down the order the Neighborhoods are in and a list of households in order. This is going to be fun to check out!! I might connect them somehow, I need to follow the tutorial about SimPE and editing relationships/family ties. That way I can connect University premades as well! Ooooh, I'm inspired!!!

Thanks so much for inspiring me to do this!! Haven't had much inspiration in months!!

Edit: It wouldn't work. Lientebollemeis said on a Sims 2 group on FB: In the genderswapped hood there is eg already a pleasantview but then genderswapped. You can't just add the regular pleasantview. You need to put the genderswapped sims in the sims bin, then delete the genderswapped pleasantview and then add the regular pleasantview. I tested this some time ago.

What genderswapped PV are you trying to add to what? I'm would think there is a way to rename/renumber if necessary so you can. I'm curious, so I'll take a look if you like.
Scholar
#19698 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
What genderswapped PV are you trying to add to what? I'm pretty sure there is a way to rename/renumber if necessary so you can. I'll take a look if you like.

I was thinking of using the Genderswapped Uberhood by Sushigal007 from here on MTS but also adding the normal cleaned maxis hoods (Belladonna Cove, Pleasantview etc) from meetmetotheriver as well. The Genderswapped Uberhood comes with the Subhoods already and the Universities too. I have no idea why I want to add the non-genderswapped hoods, I guess I thought it was interesting. I wanted to pair them up somehow (relationships, family ties that sort of thing).

It is possible to be done (as said by Lientebollemeis) by moving all the households in the Genderswapped hoods out of their houses and then placing the subhoods (Pleasantview etc) then delete the Genderswapped versions.... But my lack of concentration & constant memory loss would never allow me to do this.
Alchemist
#19699 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 5:56 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 9th Jul 2019 at 6:57 PM.

Why wouldn't the regular PV subhood show up in the list of shopping districts even though it has a different IDNO and Catalog Description than the one added in the GenderSwapped Uberhood? I was just curious about this issue so tried it in a clean environment with only the GS hood and only the regular PV shopping district in the directory for those and the PV doesn't show on the list.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the problem. I've added the normal PV to the GS Megahood now. Here's Don and Donna dancing together at her house.
Scholar
#19700 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
EDIT: Nevermind, I found the problem. I've added the normal PV to the GS Megahood, but the sims that would usually live there aren't in their houses - since I never tried that subhood before, I'm not sure if they are supposed to be... hmmmm.

Are you talking about the Pleasants, Goth, Broke etc? In a normal Mega/Uberhood/Subhood they are in their normal houses. Only the Oldies, Burb etc are in the family bin like they should be.
Page 788 of 1347