Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#17751 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 5:17 PM
But...it is the same sim that appears on the weather TV channel, no? He exist..they filmed him!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#17752 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blackivy
Is there a "Break Up" want? I read on the wiki that there is, but I've never seen one, ever. I have a pretty want-based play style and some sims whose marriages are falling apart don't seem to want to break up. If it really exists, what triggers it?

I recently installed another neighborhood that I found on a tumblr and discovered this in one of the households that came with it. She really doesn't like the guy she's living with!
Screenshots
Scholar
#17753 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 8:29 PM
I can't even trigger that "Break Up with ...." want! I've never actually seen it happen in my game either (vanilla & modded). Why's that?
Scholar
#17754 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
I can't even trigger that "Break Up with ...." want! I've never actually seen it happen in my game either (vanilla & modded). Why's that?

It happens in my game when a married couple have a big fight, or one of them cheats.
The pie menu has that option.
Haven't noticed if it comes up in the "want" bar. Weird.
*runs off to initiate some mayhem in my game*

" Inama Nushif "
Scholar
#17755 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 9:51 PM
Thanks Tleilaxu3. I've had many divorces in my Uberhood but neither of the Sim(s) actually rolled that particular Want. I've never seen it before. I've only discovered a Want that said something along the lines of "Have/Get New Family Member" fairly recently. It's happened twice so far. I wish they appeared more often to shock me, aha. :P
Theorist
#17756 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Do you have this one? It changes the probability to 50%. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=16.0

No, I don't unfortunately. My game is pretty lightly modded so nothing so obvious has crept in... that I can see. On the plus side, it shouldn't take too long to figure out what's interfering with the cheese cake!
Scholar
#17757 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I recently installed another neighborhood that I found on a tumblr and discovered this in one of the households that came with it. She really doesn't like the guy she's living with!

I've never seen that before! I usually take the 'move out' want as a break-up want.
Field Researcher
#17758 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
No, I don't unfortunately. My game is pretty lightly modded so nothing so obvious has crept in... that I can see. On the plus side, it shouldn't take too long to figure out what's interfering with the cheese cake!

DO you have the exnem cheesecakes? A friend of mine had this same problem with no cheesecake twins and a 50/50 narrowed it down to a conflict with those.
Top Secret Researcher
#17759 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
How does cheesecake work in your game? In my game with up to BV installed if you ate cheesecake you got twins. In my full game twice now I've had my sims eat cheesecake and no twins. Does anyone know if they changed how it works with the later packs?

It worked in all my families until they had two twin pairs. After that, no matter how much cheesecake they eat, they don't get twins.

Also, does anyone know what determines the gender of the baby? In all 4 families in my medieval hood, they got 5 girls and not more than 1 boy. One family got 6 girls and no boys. And it's not like there's a lack of female sims in the nbh or something. In fact there were more girls already.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#17760 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 7:29 PM
As I understand it, if cheesecake doesn't work, a mod is interfering with it. Sims 2 being what it is, this may or may not be a mod that has anything to do with cheesecake, twins, reproduction, or anything else that makes sense at the human level.

The gender of a baby is a random coin flip at birth. As with all straight 50/50 shots, statistical clusters are common and unavoidable. If you don't like the gender you get, the only recourses are to quit without saving and run the birth again (and again and again) until you're happy with it, or perform a gender transition using editing tools.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17761 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 7:35 PM
It's possible Sims can only get "real" twins or "cheesecake twins" up to the house limit, 8 sims. If you have mods to expand the family they may be able to get multiples, though I'm not sure if the cheesecake trick still is going to work. I have the Twins/triplets/quads mod and one for larger families, and I think my sims still get multiples over 8 sims.

Gender is said to be 50/50 and completely random. Nothing you can do to get either/or, except from the save before birth and reopen the lot if you're unhappy with the gender(s). People have been poking around in the game mechanics for a while now, and I don't think anyone has found a way to make sure one gender is preferred over the other at birth.

(When that's said, my game seems to want to even out the genders most of the time - particularly with multiples, which is to say I tend to get more of one gender if there's more of the other already present on the lot, and if there's an even number I tend to get one of each - but this is probably just a weird coincidence in my game, and most likely it's really just random in a weirdly predictable way. I've had a few rare occasions of for instance 5-7 girls before a boy is born, so that does support the randomness).
Mad Poster
#17762 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 7:47 PM
The evening-out effect is the normal result of randomness. Over a large enough sample, 50/50 odds should come out to roughly 50/50 of each choice. But each time a coin is tossed, the same 50/50 chance exists - it is not affected by what happened the last 12 times the dice were tossed. And that's why, in any given short run (and anything under ten is a very short run!), statistical clusters are to be expected.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17763 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 9:08 PM
Can you eject the Grim Reaper and stop him from reaping a Sim If they die in a living room?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#17764 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 9:32 PM
I'd assume you'd get some weird results if you did, especially if the sim already "dropped dead," so to speak

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Scholar
#17765 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 11:53 PM
What do you guys do with Sims that can't make up their minds? Frances Cordial wanted to become a Werewolf so I invited Oberon Summerdream over because he's a Werewolf in my Uberhood. He savaged her and she became a Werewolf but now she wants to be cured but also has the fear of being cured. Kimberly, her wife, also wants her to be cured but also has the fear of Frances being cured. I hate when this happens, it's so annoying. LOL.
Scholar
#17766 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 2:44 AM
I realize I've left out some main characters' relatives. Is it too late to create a Sim and then add them to the family, creating relationships and memories via SimPE?

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Top Secret Researcher
#17767 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The evening-out effect is the normal result of randomness. Over a large enough sample, 50/50 odds should come out to roughly 50/50 of each choice. But each time a coin is tossed, the same 50/50 chance exists - it is not affected by what happened the last 12 times the dice were tossed. And that's why, in any given short run (and anything under ten is a very short run!), statistical clusters are to be expected.

I forgot about my royal family where every other child is a boy. They alternate between the genders perfectly at each birth. So I guess my suspicion that it is NOT random is washed away... :P

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Alchemist
#17768 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
I realize I've left out some main characters' relatives. Is it too late to create a Sim and then add them to the family, creating relationships and memories via SimPE?

Takes patience but can be done. I created some ancestors and added the family ties and relationships just recently. I didn't bother with the memories for that, but I've edited them for other things.

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It's possible Sims can only get "real" twins or "cheesecake twins" up to the house limit, 8 sims. If you have mods to expand the family they may be able to get multiples, though I'm not sure if the cheesecake trick still is going to work. I have the Twins/triplets/quads mod and one for larger families, and I think my sims still get multiples over 8 sims.

I just saw a question about this elsewhere so want to ask since you mentioned it here. I have more than 8 sims per household and pets and babies are born into them, but I just have the limit raised in my userStartup.cheat and, yet, I see a few mods for larger households, etc. What are they doing that I am not? What's the difference?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17769 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
What do you guys do with Sims that can't make up their minds? Frances Cordial wanted to become a Werewolf so I invited Oberon Summerdream over because he's a Werewolf in my Uberhood. He savaged her and she became a Werewolf but now she wants to be cured but also has the fear of being cured. Kimberly, her wife, also wants her to be cured but also has the fear of Frances being cured. I hate when this happens, it's so annoying. LOL.

I think it's normal to want something but to also have some reservation or uncertainty about it, especially once a dream becomes a reality. I play on, see if it rolls away after a few days. If the want to be cured is persistent and the change doesn't seem to fit the sim then I might change their story, now she has to find a cure. Can she even be cured? What will that entail and is it worth it? Maybe she needs some mentoring from Oberon to be comfortable.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#17770 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

In an old hood, I was convinced it wasn't random because I kept getting long streaks of one gender. Then I checked my hood spreadsheet and discovered that out of hundreds of sims, there was a difference of 3 total in male versus female.
Field Researcher
#17771 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 10:14 AM
Aren't the glass doors and windows (come with open for business) supposed to be recolourable? I remember all of them having that ugly red and then blue, black and white options as well. Why is mine only giving me the red option only?

It's just constant headdesk with this game, isn't it?
Forum Resident
#17772 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
Aren't the glass doors and windows (come with open for business) supposed to be recolourable? I remember all of them having that ugly red and then blue, black and white options as well. Why is mine only giving me the red option only?

That was a bug with AL... It contained a duplicate of that set, but for some reason having both destroys the color options. Pretty sure there is a mod to fix it, though you will have to manually recolor the ones in Belladona Cove, cuz they'll all become red after the fix...
Field Researcher
#17773 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 10:41 AM

You need this http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,12890.0.html
Alchemist
#17774 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 11:40 AM

Have you updated your CEP? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=92541
Field Researcher
#17775 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 12:23 PM
@Aysarth It worked! Thanks!
@Sunrader I installed it two weeks ago and I doubt it is still being developed so I should have it.
Page 711 of 1347