Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17626 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 6:27 AM
GOS has tons of coloured hair including grey/silver/white.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#17627 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 7:03 AM
I don't have clones often. The only ones I can think of are Ezekial and Naomi Gavigan of Drama Acres, who were easy to tell apart because one was male and one female. It was Ezekial's non-clone brothers, Isaiah and Jeremiah, I had trouble with, because all my Gavigans look alike, not just clones!

In that case, I ran with the clonishness and made Naomi resemble her brother in more than looks. They were both attracted to women, wore sweater vests as teens, had the same haircut and the same aspiration, and so on. To tell the brothers apart, I gave each of them different aspirations (Isaiah, Popularity; Ezekial, Fortune; Jeremiah, Knowledge) and wildly different looks. Isaiah wore natty button-down shirts and slacks, was clean-shaven, and wore his hair short. Ezekial also had short hair, but sported a full beard, and when not at the hospital working was aggressively casual, wearing jeans and western shirts in cold weather and baggy shorts in the summer. Jeremiah, who despite the different aspirations had the same LTW as Ezekial, and married one of Ezekial's wife's many sisters, kept his hair shaggy, was mostly clean-shaven, ran to fat (unlike Zeke, a yoga aficianado, and Isaiah, who was one of those active guys who never seem to gain weight), and wore suits, complete with tie and jacket, even in the summer.

Remember, they'll be eager to establish themselves as separate individuals, and the more they resemble their siblings, the more they'll work to distinguish themselves from them in dress, grooming, deportment, and activities.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#17628 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LösserFöffel
Is there any way of triggering a Sim to bring a friend home from work or school? Or at least a mod to increase the chances?

@LösserFöffel

Marhis has a mod for bringing a Friend home from work and another mod for bringing a Friend home from school.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=215847

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Alchemist
#17629 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 11:32 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 25th Feb 2019 at 12:03 PM.
Default 1st Born and ACR Question
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
part of my loading my game up is going into CAS, rolling the random dice a few times. I do this not only to prevent FBS but also because houses load faster and if I want to buy clothes or change appearance in game, that also loads must faster.

1st Born?
Is this still an issue in UC? I don't have that many babies, so I probably wouldn't have seen it, anyway, but was it ever fixed?

ACR?
I've tried ACR a couple times and removed it again, but I do love autonomy. One big issue is that I don't want to set something up lot by lot, but does ACR work on community lots? It occurred to me, maybe I could try it just on one lot and send sims there to use it. Is it possible to have it just on one lot and still use no-jealousy-at-all as a global everywhere else? Because that's my other huge issue with it.
Alchemist
#17630 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
My upcoming TS2 world will be loosely based on Fire Emblem. As such, I'll need blue/green/pink/purple hair. At the very least, is there a set of recolors of the original hairs and a way to add extra swatches? Also, is there a way to make teens go gray?

You don't need to make teens go gray, you can just use custom recolors. And in addition to GoS, you can search alllthehairs database for custom recolors (http://allthehairs.podserver.info/); there's a column specifically for unnatural colors. So you can look up all the hairs you already have and see if there are customs, or just spend some time browsing there. This is also especially helpful if you want to keep your hairs in the same textures as much as possible.

Idk what textures you are looking for/if textures even matter to you, but, off the top of my head, I do know a couple of creators who definitely do unnaturals: BerryNooBoos is one; customs are often posted with the naturals: http://berrynoobooshair.tumblr.com/ and be sure to check out his older hairs: http://berrynooboos.tumblr.com/hairunnaturalcustom. Lunacress also has some unnaturals (https://lunacress.dreamwidth.org/tag/download:+hair) as does alien pod (http://alienpod.tumblr.com/archive); I suggest looking at the archive to find alien pod's unnatural colors, otherwise you'd be browsing through a lot. Those are all creators I've personally used before.

@Sunrader, To the best of my knowledge, first born syndrome was never fixed and is still a thing, even with the UC. As for ACR, it's hard to be sure that it'll do what you're looking for (can you be more specfic?) but you don't need to set it up lot by lot. It definitely works on community lots and you should be able to set things up globally, and then have lot exceptions. I've never tried having no jealousy on but turning ACR interactions off--not sure how that'd work, but you can try setting the hood override to no jealousy and then turning off ACR autonomy under global switches. But you can also set a hood override for no jealousy, then select a sim, change his/her token to Autonomy Off, and make that option static (you can also do the same for jealousy). Then you can copy it to the whole hood. Theoretically, that should make everyone's token say they don't do autonomous actions and if it's static, the token shouldn't change, either.

In any case, remember that ACR really only covers ACR interactions. You might still get jealous behavior using Maxis interactions--especially with Maxis woohoo. That actually stumped me for the longest time; I was wondering why my sims all of a sudden cared about who was sleeping with who, and it was because I used Maxis interactions, not ACR ones. In my experience, other Maxis romance options didn't usually trigger jealousy, but Maxis woohoo almost always does (if a sim has other significant others), so be careful using the regular Maxis interactions.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#17631 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 1:55 PM
They didn't do any significant coding changes when they made the UC that I ever heard of. And fixing if fixing a randomizer to be truly random were easy, it would've been modded by now! So yes, rolling the pacifier still needs to be part of your routine, unless you're a high-speed, one-family-at-a-time player who tends to fill a household's quiver all in the same session.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17632 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@LösserFöffel

Marhis has a mod for bringing a Friend home from work and another mod for bringing a Friend home from school.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=215847

Is that mod updated for AL?
Alchemist
#17633 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 3:45 PM
@Charity, yes; check the download page for info on updates.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Undead Molten Llama
#17634 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 4:31 PM Last edited by iCad : 25th Feb 2019 at 5:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
1st Born?
ACR?
I've tried ACR a couple times and removed it again, but I do love autonomy. One big issue is that I don't want to set something up lot by lot, but does ACR work on community lots? It occurred to me, maybe I could try it just on one lot and send sims there to use it. Is it possible to have it just on one lot and still use no-jealousy-at-all as a global everywhere else? Because that's my other huge issue with it.

ACR works everywhere. It gives every "of-age" Sim a token that they carry with them everywhere that governs their individual behavior. You do not have to set things up lot-by-lot if you have ACR. In fact, you can't, really, because they ARE Sim-based, not lot-based, tokens. There are many global settings, a few lot-level settings (There's a "brothel" setting, for instance, that's lot-specific), and a bunch of individual Sim-level settings, all controlled from the controller you can spawn by clicking on any Sim and choosing Adjust -->Casual Romance. I set a few global-level settings, but otherwise I fiddle with the Sim-level settings for each Sims. It's part of my post-CAS routine for CAS Sims and part of my aging-up-to-teen routine for born-in-games. That way I have a randomized range of behaviors across a neighborhood.

Like someone else said, ACR doesn't affect the Maxis interactions. This is because ACR creates "mirrors" of the romantic behaviors that are separate from the Maxis ones. This is so that you can use other romantic-interaction mods that affect the Maxis interactions (like your "no jealousy at all" one) without conflict. (In fact, I've never seen anything ACR-related show up on an HCDU report.) So if you want a no-jealousy game using ACR, you globally set ACR to nuke jealousy (for the ACR "mirror" interactions) AND use your other mod to nuke jealousy over the Maxis interactions, and they shouldn't conflict at all. Then you will have a game where romance (up to and including trying for baby, if you allow all the autonomous interactions --- there are all sorts of global switches you can use to allow or disallow certain autonomous interactions) is autonomous AND there's no jealousy at all. Plus, you'll have all the Sim-level settings if you want variety in romantic behaviors from Sim to Sim. You don't HAVE to set those, but if you leave everyone at the default settings, they'll all behave the same, and the default setting is "sorta slutty." Not everyone appreciates that, even if they like lots of autonomy.

EDIT, because I forgot this:
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I have now become obsessed with prettifying my sky etc. XD Is there any way to change the blue sky to black sky in lot view? Also, is it normal for stars to show through clouds?

I talked about black skies in your WCIF thread, but yes, it's (unfortunately) normal for the stars/sun/moon to show through clouds. Unfortunately, the game draws them on a lower layer than skies/horizons, and so far no one's been able to change that. It's probably hard-coded.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
#17635 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 8:00 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 25th Feb 2019 at 8:53 PM.
Interesting what you guys are saying about ACR and jealousy. When I was researching it, somewhere I saw, I think, a specific mention that it conflicts with Lizzlove's no-jealousy-at-all mod that I really like. As it is, my sims fall in love autonomously and such, just because there's no jealousy, and I like that. When I put ACR in, there were immediate fights between couples that had been happy moments before, very uncool for me, but not sure if I took Lizzlove's mod out, believing it would conflict, or if it was actually over-ridden by ACR. As for each lot, I guess what I remember is having to put it on every lot or for individual sims to control what I didn't want it to do so it seemed too much work. But, maybe I've just forgotten. I'll look again. I know that ACR works with separate interactions, and that's worth re-thinking. Thanks.

As for UC having First-Born, I just saw some mentions somewhere that it had been fixed with Seasons, and I have also seen people describing babies as clones who clearly weren't, since they weren't identical, so just wanted to check. I just don't have that many babies between the same parents to notice probably. In fact, if I think about it... I'm not sure I have any second children with the same parents born in-game, so that would be why I never noticed it.

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
So yes, rolling the pacifier still needs to be part of your routine, unless you're a high-speed, one-family-at-a-time player who tends to fill a household's quiver all in the same session.

This struck me as funny because I'm actually completely the opposite and, apparently, that has the same result! On the contrary, I turn off aging and a sim might not have another baby for a year or more in real time. In that amount of time, I'm sure to have used CAS occasionally.
Undead Molten Llama
#17636 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 9:10 PM
No-jealousy-at-all mods should not conflict with ACR, the reason being that ACR's jealousy settings only affect ACR's separate romantic interactions. That's why, if you use ACR and want a no-jealousy game, you need to globally disable ACR jealousy AND have a mod that disables Maxis jealousy. The two are not the same. (If you use ACR, you can tell if Sims are using the Maxis interaction or the ACR one by hovering over the icon in their queue. If they're doing an ACR interaction, it'll say something like "Charm(ACR)" as opposed to just "Charm.") I myself use ACR plus a no-jealousy-at-all mod (not sure which one) in my "free love" neighborhood where everyone's in open, pansexual relationships.

And sure, Sims will fall in love autonomously with Maxis romantic interactions. What they won't ever do is woohoo or try for baby autonomously. Some people are fine with that; ACR exists for us folks who aren't. ACR, IMO, is the best tool to enable that functionality, IF that's something that you want, plus I, personally, love all of its settings so that my Sims have a wide range of romantic/sexual behavior and so that I can control family sizes better, since I leave trying for baby up to the pixels. But if you don't want all that stuff and you're happy with the way Maxis romance and baby-making works, then there's no reason to have ACR. I'm not trying to be some kind of ACR evangelist; there just seems to be a general lack of knowledge as to how it works or of the depths of its flexibility. People seem to think it just turns all Sims into sluts that are completely out of the player's control, which isn't true at all. As I said, its default settings does make them a bit on the slutty side, yes, but the POINT is that you can change that on a very detailed level.

ALL that being said...I think for my own purposes, what I'd like to have is a mod that makes all MAXIS romantic interactions non-autonomous, leaving just the ACR ones as the autonomous actions. Then I wouldn't have to fret about relationships being interrupted because of any autonomous Maxis interactions. I should ask Midge about that, if such a thing doesn't already exist, since they're still taking requests....

And no, the first-born thing was never fixed, alas.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#17637 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 10:40 PM
Sunrader, it doesn't matter how many times you've used CAS in the intervals between having babies in different play sessions. The randomizer is reset to the (nonrandom) seed number every time you load the game.

Since the same randomizer is used for a lot of different things, many people's playstyles - mine included - tend to activate it enough that FBS isn't a problem very often; however, the only way to be certain is to roll the pacifier a random number of times during the session of the birth, prior to the birth.

It can be a bit of a problem even when actual clones are impossible. For example, when I put Rhett Hart through the Uberhood Challenge, I was a lot less diligent about rolling the pacifier than I usually am, because he never got the same woman pregnant twice and I've noticed that my playstyle, with frequent lot changes calling on the randomizer to determine new walk-bys etc., mitigates the problem. The result in this case, however, was that most of Rhett's children got the same combination of features inherited from each parent, so that they had the same nose, hair color, and eye shape and color, and skintone. The other features came from different women, so they didn't all look exactly the same, but it was still ridiculous. Also, these matching offspring were all Geminis, with only one or two slight variations in personality points, just like Rhett. The random combination I was stuck on favored the father in inheritance, and though he has a green eye recessive and impregnated several brown-haired women with a variety of eye colors, every single one had black hair, and not until the 13th and last child did he get non-brown eyes.

And this is why I go out of my way to roll the pacifier, whether in actual CAS or with the batbox, even if I'm pretty sure I don't need to.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17638 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 10:44 PM
On the contrary, I turn off aging and a sim might not have another baby for a year or more in real time. In that amount of time, I'm sure to have used CAS occasionally.

I'm not sure you understand the 'firstborn' effect. It is not fixed by having sim babies one real time year apart, nor by using CAS on completely different sessions. Rather, what it means is that when you initialize the vanilla game, all randomisers are seeded with the same state as they were the last time you initialized the game. Therefore when the game first generates a sim personality it will always be the same personality. And when a facial structure is first generated it will always be generated using the same parameters. The only random thing that seems to be correctly random is gender assignation.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...504#post3897504
Alchemist
#17639 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 11:51 PM
Oh! You guys are completely right, I didn't understand it! I thought, because people said to go into CAS that this fixed it, but I get it now. Thanks for the explanations. I'm curious, though a bit nervous now, to go take a closer look at my babies. I've just been happily oblivious this whole time!

iCad, thank you for explaining all this. Obviously ACR continues to interest me as I'm considering it, yet, a third time. I am thinking that twojeffs warning must have meant that ACR would not work as intended if the no-jealousy-at-all mod was in, not that the no-jealousy-at-all mod would not work. I will look into tweaking all this to do what I want. I definitely do not want Maxis to be non-autonomous, I just want a few more options for everyone without disturbing the peace. I'm really quite set on keeping the domestic violence out of my game. Just not fun for me.

Thank you, again, for your time, everyone.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17640 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 12:09 AM
I'm curious, though a bit nervous now, to go take a closer look at my babies. I've just been happily oblivious this whole time!

Well, you won't notice it unless the babies are born before the random generators are used, in different play sessions with the same parents. It won't cause all babies to magically have the same face, it will just mean that the babies will get the same random combination of their parent's genetics/ facial structures. Also, their personalities will be the same- in my game the random generator always seems to make Aries sims first, so I see a lot of Aries townies.
Mad Poster
#17641 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
in my game the random generator always seems to make Aries sims first, so I see a lot of Aries townies.
It does. And, if the game generates the aspiration, the first one will be Popularity. I found that a lot of my NPCs, generated one at a time by the game, had this combination. For this reason I have taken to starting up CAS and generating a few random Sims every time I start the game, whether or not I expect a baby to be born.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Alchemist
#17642 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
It does. And, if the game generates the aspiration, the first one will be Popularity. I found that a lot of my NPCs, generated one at a time by the game, had this combination. For this reason I have taken to starting up CAS and generating a few random Sims every time I start the game, whether or not I expect a baby to be born.

So, is Zodiac and Aspiration supposed to be linked? I'm looking at a spreadsheet exported from SimPE of my Pleasantview and it seems for premades it is. They are fairly evenly distributed, but clearly linked. I never noticed that before. Only my playables are really varied and don't seem to have much of a tie between the two, no idea if I changed them along the way or not.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17643 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 1:33 AM
No link for zodiac and aspiration, but of course if your townies are created by the game they will be Sado-Random (TM), so there may appear to be patterns which are purely caused by the Sado-Random generator.
Inventor
#17644 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 1:37 AM
So, is Zodiac and Aspiration supposed to be linked? I'm looking at a spreadsheet exported from SimPE of my Pleasantview and it seems for premades it is. They are fairly evenly distributed, but clearly linked. I never noticed that before. Only my playables are really varied and don't seem to have much of a tie between the two, no idea if I changed them along the way or not.

I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶k̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶k̶i̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ (ninja'd by simsample!). But it says that some of the premades have mismatched personalities and signs (examples given were Patrizio Monty and Nervous Subject)

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Instructor
#17645 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 2:13 AM
Random question, I need to hire employees, but the selection I'm given aren't enough and they are already employed somewhere else. What do I do??
Lab Assistant
#17646 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 2:23 AM
Actually yes, zodiac and aspiration are linked, at least for townies and such. The pairings are:

Family: Cancer, Aquarius
Fortune: Gemini, Scorpio, Capricorn
Knowledge: Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces
Popularity: Aries, Leo
Romance: Taurus, Libra

Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
Random question, I need to hire employees, but the selection I'm given aren't enough and they are already employed somewhere else. What do I do??

Pescado has a mod called nolamehires that might help. I think there's also a mod out there to allow more potential employees to show up in the list but I don't remember where.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Alchemist
#17647 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Radium
Actually yes, zodiac and aspiration are linked, at least for townies and such. The pairings are:

Family: Cancer, Aquarius
Fortune: Gemini, Scorpio, Capricorn
Knowledge: Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces
Popularity: Aries, Leo
Romance: Taurus, Libra

Yes, that's what I was seeing in my spreadsheet. Thanks!

Totally unrelated stupid/random question:

I'm looking at pedestrian portals, but it looks like they only determine where a sim arrives. Is there a way to determine which way they walk off? I make my hood so nice and walkable and, it never fails, the store they are going to is right next door, but they walk off in the opposite direction. :P
Mad Poster
#17648 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 2:34 AM
Selection? I've always hired employees by calling over an unemployed sim the business owner is friends with and hiring them. They usually roll a want to hire somebody, but it's often a bad idea (i.e., let's hire the rock god I dated last week while my spouse was at work).

Lab Assistant
#17649 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 3:28 AM
I'm looking at pedestrian portals, but it looks like they only determine where a sim arrives. Is there a way to determine which way they walk off? I make my hood so nice and walkable and, it never fails, the store they are going to is right next door, but they walk off in the opposite direction. :P

Pedestrian portals determine where the sim leaves too, it's just lots come with two pedestrian portals (so walkbys can come and go at different spots) and which one sims choose to leave in is supposed to be random. I have a mod that makes them always use the nearest portal instead, so you could use that and tell sims to "go here" to the right area of the lot first to make them leave the way you want them to. Other than that... not much that can be done for lots where you want to keep both portals (i.e. most lots).

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Selection? I've always hired employees by calling over an unemployed sim the business owner is friends with and hiring them.

Sims can use a phone (or computer, I think?) to put out a job ad and get the game to randomly select sims it deems as eligible for hire that you can then pick from. It's convenient if your sim doesn't know anyone fitting for the job they're trying to hire for. Nolamehire makes the game stricter about which sims the game sees as eligible to hire, so the panel doesn't get clogged by playable sims who are already employed in a high-level job (they can still be hired in person of course, but they won't go around answering job ads for entry level retail jobs when they already have a better paying job they're presumably satisfied with).

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Alchemist
#17650 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Radium
Pedestrian portals determine where the sim leaves too, it's just lots come with two pedestrian portals (so walkbys can come and go at different spots) and which one sims choose to leave in is supposed to be random. I have a mod that makes them always use the nearest portal instead, so you could use that and tell sims to "go here" to the right area of the lot first to make them leave the way you want them to. Other than that... not much that can be done for lots where you want to keep both portals (i.e. most lots).

Thank you, this gives me some things to play with that might help.
Page 706 of 1339