Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 4:29 PM
Default Diverse Groups

Similar to "The Urbz", could a special form of "Factions" be returning?
Like rep groups? Because clearly in the render above, they are all grouped into social groups.

First we have a artist.
Next, we have nerds.
Then the jocks.
Then, the typical "Goody Goody two shoes" people.
Then, more jocks.
Finally, preps.

Could this mean we may have more diverse and social locations in the city where we can meet more unique people? This was a feature i loved in The Urbz.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 4:39 PM
If this is the case, will they be adding more social groups as time goes on? Will they be forced upon the player or will they be optional?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Alchemist
#3 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 4:47 PM
Isn't it just the typical personality/trait grouping like they've always done all along? Aren't we jumping to such speculations too far?

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 4:58 PM
It's just speculation. A little discussion never hurts.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#5 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 5:00 PM
Yes it's just typical, I don't think it's nothing more, though I do believe they have expanded and explored the option of social groups as seen via University for TS3. Hopefully it's not as strict as the current system, and allows a nice mixture of it all.

I was actually hoping this thread was talking about diversity, this is the first time I've seen an Asian Sim, more than one black sim(I believe there was a black girl), the guy with the glasses to me seems arab, all in one promotion. And also the diverse body shapes as well, they featured more thick people for once.
Alchemist
#6 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
It's just speculation. A little discussion never hurts.

Okay, I'm going to be skeptical then. :p

Nah, I don't think it's anything that points out to social grouping again. We've always had things like this, and there's no point of having social group feature in base game. It's better if it's implemented in an EP, as long as it's compatible with every other EP, unlike University Life.

Just call me Nikel
Theorist
#7 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
Then, the typical "Goody Goody two shoes" people.
Then, more jocks.
Finally, preps.

I'm pretty sure those last 3 are the same couple in formalwear, athletic wear, and everyday.

Resident wet blanket.
Inventor
#8 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 6:13 PM
residenteviloutbreak must be the official TS4 reporter here.

Anyhoo, the social class system from Uni was, IMO, just bad. One simple conversation with a jock and BOOM welcome to the jocks! Hopefully they can tone it down a bit. Maybe EA will learn from their faults, and that is VERY optimistic. I pretty much give everyone the benefit of the doubt.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xxsoulfire123
residenteviloutbreak must be the official TS4 reporter here.

Anyhoo, the social class system from Uni was, IMO, just bad. One simple conversation with a jock and BOOM welcome to the jocks! Hopefully they can tone it down a bit. Maybe EA will learn from their faults, and that is VERY optimistic. I pretty much give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

:P

Im super hyped for it. I loved TS1,2 and the console games. TS3 was a major step back. With EA starting to finally get what people want, this looks to be a good time for The Sims fans.
Inventor
#10 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 8:20 PM
Anyone noticed how in the last couple the guy looks like he's trying to grab the girl's butt? I've just noticed that.
Scholar
#11 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 10:23 PM
I'm so pessimist these last couple of days, it's just sad. But these renders are really good, they all look really cute. Sadly it's renders. Yeah, back on being pessimist.