Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 5:21 AM Last edited by Numenor : 11th Sep 2009 at 6:02 PM. Reason: The error logs should be provided as attachment, not in the main post
Default Help troubleshooting an object error
I've found an error with an object in my game that I added a custom BHAV to. I'm not sure exactly what it's telling me, the error report states a problem with a Material Change, but the actual BHAV doesn't call Change Materials. I'm not very good with BHAVS, but I do have the error report. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached the faulty object.

The error log is attached below.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Ambassador Class Refit- Tactical Console.rar (517.8 KB, 33 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  ErrorLog.rar (10.8 KB, 28 downloads) - View custom content

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 6:18 PM
The BHAV *is* actually calling a Change Material.
The "Function - Main" BHAV (that is executed as soon as the object is placed in the lot) contains only one line, that calls the semiglobal "Function - Main - SG"; this last BHAV, at line 0x01, calls a Change Material over the subset "screen". Problem is, your object does not have a "screen" subset, thus the error.

You should either rename (in the GMDC) the subset "display" to "screen", or modify the "screen" line in the STR# 0x87 (Group Names) into "display".

Personally, I prefer the first solution (modifying the GMDC), because there are several Change Material over the "screen" during the "Play" interaction.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 12:24 AM
Okay. Thanks much. I can work the rest out myself.

Just to clarify, "Function- Main" is calling for the Arcade Game Globals? (So this is why it's calling for a Change Material?)

The ModFather
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 2:55 AM
Yes, from the Arcade game globals; you can see which globals are called by looking at the GLOB resource (each object can have only one GLOB).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 6:32 AM
Okay. That helps a lot. Thank you.