Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 8:27 PM
Default Sims CAS/Neighborhood/Family screen UI
Hi!

I've been researching on how to change the loading screens...
I've found the main loading screen and the main neighborhood screens but the other loading screens I can't seem to find.

Also, I extracted all images, UI files etc and I can't even find images of the loading screen (I've searched on terms, multiple instances in all UI files etc), is it embedded in the engine itself?

I created a widescreen mod for the neighborhood screen and I've succeeded in doing that, but I also want to do that with the loading screens.

Does anybody have a clue?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 2:10 AM
If you want to have a custom loading screen in your downloads folder you are wasting your time, the loading screen is that which displays while the game reads the files in your downloads so it's already running if/when the game finds your custom one. The background of the loading screen is a movie and I have no clue as to what codec it uses, those movies are stored as UI Data in Basegame's ui.package in group 0x499DB772, you can recognise them by SimPe's inability to read them. The foreground image is mostly stored in the various Locale subfolders which override the main ui.package, if you wish to replace the default ui.package then you need to check the Locale subfolder for your language and replace it there if it exists.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
If you want to have a custom loading screen in your downloads folder you are wasting your time, the loading screen is that which displays while the game reads the files in your downloads so it's already running if/when the game finds your custom one. The background of the loading screen is a movie and I have no clue as to what codec it uses, those movies are stored as UI Data in Basegame's ui.package in group 0x499DB772, you can recognise them by SimPe's inability to read them. The foreground image is mostly stored in the various Locale subfolders which override the main ui.package, if you wish to replace the default ui.package then you need to check the Locale subfolder for your language and replace it there if it exists.

So this is a movie? I can remember it was going slower when it needed to bcs of a slow computer (so actual loading progress)

Edit: Also, I'm only finding IMG's in that group.
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 1:10 PM
The background is a movie, the foreground is an image. There is 7 UI Data files in that group (0x499DB772) in basegame's ui.package, SimPE will only show a couple of characters in them but if you extract one it has a file size of around 13mb. Change the extracted file name to (your custom neighbourhood).reia (ie N004_Neighborhood.reia) and place it that neighbourhood folder to see the movie play.
The foreground images on the in-game loading screens can be overridden, that particular one is in basegame's ui.package.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
The background is a movie, the foreground is an image. There is 7 UI Data files in that group (0x499DB772) in basegame's ui.package, SimPE will only show a couple of characters in them but if you extract one it has a file size of around 13mb. Change the extracted file name to (your custom neighbourhood).reia (ie N004_Neighborhood.reia) and place it that neighbourhood folder to see the movie play.
The foreground images on the in-game loading screens can be overridden, that particular one is in basegame's ui.package.

Interesting... this is really helpful, I'll continue my research now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 6:03 PM
So I looked in to the files, and you're right. They have a unknown codec. But my next question is, (I don't actually want to change the video's), is there a UI file that sets the resolution?

I just want to stretch the video across my screen, I don't care it being more pixelated, I just don't want it to be so small.