Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 2:14 PM
Default Line on top
I have a line showing up on the front and back of this top where the skintone is. There is no line in Milkshape when the top has no texture applied. There's no lump on the mesh itself and moving the UV map doesn't fix the line.

Can anyone help?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 8:05 PM
It's probably a UV issue, where the UVs are slightly off where they should be. The line at the back goes through the entire mesh, not just the skin. It's not always visible in Milkshape, depending on which textures you're using, and if you're also using a skin texture under the clothing texture when viewing the mesh.

Do you have the files and/or a link to them?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 12:31 AM
It's the tank top with handkerchief hem here. http://thebigtradeoff.livejournal.com/24724.html

I've been trying to convert it to EF and I thought I'd messed something up, but then I noticed that it was on the AF originals as well.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 5:49 PM
There's some overlapping, irregularities, and a few turned faces in the "noblend" group, so that's probably where the issues come from. I attached the UVmap below
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 4:40 AM
Thanks. Fiddling around with the UV Map didn't fix anything and I don't even know what turned faces are, so I may just have to put up with it as it is.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 9:45 AM
Just to clarify:
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 4:41 AM
Thanks. Tried messing around with all of those and it didn't fix a thing. No idea what's causing the distortion.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 10:07 AM
If you're checking in Bodyshop or CAS, make sure you've deleted the cache files, or the mesh may not update properly.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 12:30 PM
No, checked in Milkshape.