Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 7:22 PM
Screenshot Help
I'm wanting to upload some traits I've been making, but whenever I go to take a CAS screenshot, it only takes it of the sim and everything else get edited out. So my question is how do I take a screenshot that will include the traits selection screen? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 8:01 PM
Take a regular screenshot of anything with C. Take the screenshot you want to take with your Print Screen button on your keyboard. Open the 'C' screenshot you took in your editing program. Press Ctrl+V to paste the 'Print Screen' screenshot on top. Edit.

Alternately, if you are using Windows, press the Windows button and Print Screen together and it will save into a subfolder in your Pictures folder. If you want to get fancy, you could use one of the many screenshotting utilities out there. Hope that helps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Taube
Take a regular screenshot of anything with C. Take the screenshot you want to take with your Print Screen button on your keyboard. Open the 'C' screenshot you took in your editing program. Press Ctrl+V to paste the 'Print Screen' screenshot on top. Edit.

Alternately, if you are using Windows, press the Windows button and Print Screen together and it will save into a subfolder in your Pictures folder. If you want to get fancy, you could use one of the many screenshotting utilities out there. Hope that helps.

Ah, okay. Thank you very much! I'll try that next time I pull it up!
Smeg Head
#4 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 2:19 PM
Also in the game options you can alternate if you want screenshots to include or not include all UI details - which includes things such as sim thought and speech bubbles and the UI panel itself. Though Print Screen is the ultimate method, especially if you want to make screenshots of town view or what's in menus such as the ones opened when clicking on a fridge to cook something. There is no Maxis "C" button screenshot availability for those scenarios.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots