Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
And...there is one more mod. Though family friendly, the mod is in the adult section due to the image Chris used. So, I will not link to it.

Description:
Ask About Family (menu plugin)
A simple 'Ask.../About Family' sim menu plugin

Surprisingly useful in larger 'hoods, the result will depend on if the sim lives in a real family, has parents etc. The image below show three possible results.

Should be OK in every EP configuration, although Bon Voyage is the minimum to glean the full address of the sim's family.

Huh, I recall wanting something like this a while back in the "hacks and cc you'd like to see" thread. A bit surprising to see it here then.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Scholar
#102 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 10:52 AM
No, not surprising. I may not come to this site everyday but when I do the "hacks and cc you'd like to see" thread is the first place I check. I'll consider attempting any ideas there that make sense, seem do-able and that don't seem to have already been done.
Instructor
#103 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 1:03 AM Last edited by ankoyume : 1st Dec 2016 at 1:31 AM.
It's really kind of you Chris Hatch. I use this thread for inspiration too, but I'm not as talented as you. thanks !!!

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Mad Poster
#104 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
No, not surprising. I may not come to this site everyday but when I do the "hacks and cc you'd like to see" thread is the first place I check. I'll consider attempting any ideas there that make sense, seem do-able and that don't seem to have already been done.

Thank you.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#105 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 7:59 AM
New hack for catching the bus! Added to first post.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#106 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 8:57 AM
Also a hack to allow you to control ghosts.
Mad Poster
#107 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 12:16 PM
I like the ghost mod for one thing-the 'portrait' mod-where the deceased is pictured. An eternal reminder of who is buried.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#108 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 1:23 PM
For anyone having difficulty with BAS you can get the Ghost mod files from Box.net - Tombstones.zip (90kb)
https://app.box.com/s/fmveh3novf30vjzfihkwpcro9zpdzbmm
Note: there is two versions of the same mod included in the zip, the standard version which overrides urn/tombstone's main and pie menu and the Light version which doesn't and will be compatible with more urn/tombstone type mods. So don't use both.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#109 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 1:24 PM
I wouldn't mind the catching the bus mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#110 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 1:51 PM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#111 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 2:01 PM
Thanks Chris.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#112 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 12:43 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#113 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 2:21 PM
Hmm, was running through my hacks with HCDU and found a clash.

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Function - Main
Group ID: 0x7F232ABA
Instance ID: 0x00001000
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Hacks Finished\CJH_WeatherFix.package
\downloads\Hacks Finished\Hospital Mod\CJH_Hospitals-Pets-to-AL.Package

Does anyone remember what thread the weather fix was posted in? I think it was where someone had asked about sims swimming in different seasons. I can't find it and I wanted to have a look at the description of the hack again to see if I can figure out why it's conflicting.
Scholar
#114 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 12:03 AM
It is a real conflict, this sort of thing was exactly the reason for A&N.
The weather fix version is newer and supports hospitals so for now should load last (I'll update the hospital files with the same file later so load order won't matter)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#115 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 3:22 AM
Thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#116 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 5:37 AM
Someone managed to dig out the post for the weather fix, so I've added it to the first post.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 10:19 AM
Can someone get me the download link for Chris Hatch's alternative pregnancy controllers, but the website keeps banning me.

Sims 2 Rocks! :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#118 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 4:22 AM
An update to the community buses that allows children to catch a bus to a community lot alone.

Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I just updated the file on box.net
CJH_CommunityBuses.zip (280kb) https://app.box.com/s/15ht5u16eqx3i204bty7sayt6496injr
I've allowed children to catch a bus from home until 6:00 pm. and made a small change to the actual bus so it'll show in the splash screen instead of the taxi when going to a community lot.
Mad Poster
#119 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 9:27 AM
Hmmm ... while firing up the alternate game for the recent contest, I COULD test a few of these before putting them in my regular game ....

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#120 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 10:39 AM
Chris, would you consider posting all your family friendly hacks on an independent page? The reason I ask is because my browser (updated for security) will not allow me to log into the site, and that's really a shame. BAS is difficult enough to navigate without this kind of warning, and I'm unable to bypass it.

You could sign up for SFS without breaking your membership to BAS, I would think.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#121 Old 1st May 2017 at 4:06 PM
Yes I would, I had a lot of trouble logging at BAS myself for the last three months but it seems to be OK now. I have no idea what SFS is though.

My policy on absolutely everything is provided it's kept free do whatever you like, if someone wants to share stuff made by me elsewhere (or even here) I don't mind in the least. That includes the whole post/item, part or altered. The only exception is if something requires something like a mesh or animation from someone else then their TOU applies to that part.
Mad Poster
#122 Old 1st May 2017 at 4:13 PM
SFS is simfileshare. It's like box, but it's by Delphy and for sims-related uploads only. Basically a more reliable file hosting site specifically for the sims community. You need an invitation code to join, and people need the link to your page to be able to get your stuff, but other than that it's awesomesuace. I'll PM you an invitation code, and you can decide if you want to join.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#123 Old 2nd May 2017 at 3:15 AM
I read SFS as Sexy Sims for some reason lol and then wondered what the F was.
Instructor
#124 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 3:17 AM Last edited by velvetina : 16th Aug 2017 at 3:47 AM. Reason: Wording
I know this thread hasn't had a reply for 3 months, but Chris posted a mod here that might be useful for people who installed age mods after establishing a hood (Like me!), because it corrects the ages of sims that have the old life cycle.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#125 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 1:44 PM
Thanks. I've added it to the first post along with one I overlooked (until I got a widescreen monitor XD) that fixes CAS so the interface doesn't cover the sim for widescreen monitors.
Page 5 of 12