Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 12:21 PM
Default Will my new computer run The Sims 3?
So with my current computer I can not run The Sims 3... well I can but really bad that it's frustrating to the point you'll pull your hair out.

These are my new specs:
o AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition 3.60GHz Processor
o Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 AMD 760G Motherboard
o Corsair Value 4GB (1x4GB) 1333MHz Single Channel
o MSI 6670 2048MB GDDR3 Graphics Card (AMD RADEON)
o Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard Drive
o Corsair CX 430W V2 "80 Plus Bronze" Rated Modular Power Supply

I'll be getting my new computer next week. My boyfriend who built his own computer and works around computers in the HP department customer sevices so he's knows a bit about computers, chose these specs for just over £400 (my limit)

However I have my sister who knows a bit about computers as she plays games on there but she never built her own or worked with computers. She keeps on saying my computer is crap *she used the S*** word* over and over and it's really getting annoying and it's making me paranoid thinking "What if my computer is crap? What if The Sims 3 will lag and be a terrible gaming experience". She also told my Dad what she thinks about my new computer and now he's getting on my nerves thinking I have wasted my money.

So I would really appreciate if somebody who plays The Sims 3 could check the specs out and from their own experience tell me what my Sims 3 experience will be like with those specs.

Plus: My boyfriend showed his friends (who are techs) and they said it's good for what I need and he says I would be able to run Skyrim on the PC which is a HQ game.

It may sound like I have answered my own question but I haven't I really need a Sims 3 gamer's opinion. I would hate to run to my sister saying "It runs crap" although for my pride I would lie and say "It's runs perfectly for your information" *dying inside* xD
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 12:47 PM
I think its just enough to play The Sims 3. It may get laggy in some places and you might not be able to run the game at the highest settings, but it should run.

If you were to improve the build, I would say the first place to improve would be the video card to something like a 7750 or a GTX 650, and then upgrade to 8GB of RAM.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
I think its just enough to play The Sims 3. It may get laggy in some places and you might not be able to run the game at the highest settings, but it should run.

If you were to improve the build, I would say the first place to improve would be the video card to something like a 7750 or a GTX 650, and then upgrade to 8GB of RAM.

Thank you. If it starts to get frustrating I'll consult with my boyfriend and he'll see about setting me up with those
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 2:10 PM
Np, please let me know how well it plays! I'm curious to see how you can go with system specs...