Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#276 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 5:03 AM
Thanks for this. Great stuff (:
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#277 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 8:03 AM
Default problem exportin milkshape animation
using the latest version of simpe, milkshape & the plugins I am having the following problem.

1) I open a simple animation using the dr. pixel base meshes

2) I choose export unimesh exporter v 4.09.

3) The only choises given are SimPE file 5gd or all files.

4) I export in SimPE file format.

5) I attempt to open the file in simpe.

6) I am told that SimPE cannot open the file as it is only for package files.

Please advise what I am doing wrong and how it might be corrected.

Thank you
Lab Assistant
#278 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 9:38 PM
Default answer
Just got this info from wes.

"the output from the exporter is always a GMDC file..simpe was a holdover from long ago. the extension was changed to 5gd. the output is the same.

what you have to do is create a package file in simpe. (file new will create an empty package). Then right click on the resource list and add the unimesh output as a new resource (use dropdown menu at bottom to choose.simpe format). You will then have to set the type, group and instance values.
Lab Assistant
#279 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 3:26 PM
WTF! Can't unzip the,?
I can't un-zip them :O! I try to unzip them in the Milkshape folder but it just says "Could not out pot directory to (The address)! What's wrong?

EDIT: I tried to un-zip them on an other place and it works... But how to install? just grab them to the Milkshape map?

Tumblr: Springbunnysims
Test Subject
#280 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 9:32 AM
Thank you for the plugins, just getting started with this stuff and trying not to get confused hehe.
Test Subject
#281 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:42 PM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! ur are such a sweetie! hehe!
Yummybear xx
#282 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 3:58 PM
Scusate la lingua italiana, ma non trovo il file.
Come vedete dal mio nick, è proprio per questo plugin che mi sono registrata.
Vi chiedo di aiutarmi al più presto!
Lab Assistant
#283 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 12:09 AM
Hey!

I'm converting some hair from ts2 to ts3... I always put all the hair assigned to the hair_new joint, cause I usually convert short hairs. But nowthat i want to convert longer hairs, i cant get the bone tool (vertex weighting) working!

I looked at some hairs form the game, and they look good. A pic of what i got when i try to assign it: http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/...weightissue.jpg

the hair isn't half assigned to head new, and half to spine 2. Seems they mix up! I don't know whats the reason!

I asked some people else that are also convting, and they get it wornking properly! I tried reinstalling it about five times, but it still doesn't work. And its not my version, cause i have got the MS 1.8.5, and it's the latest one and the one needed to the ts3 importer/exporter plugins. (by wes)

Well, this is waht I do:

I select the group (GEOM-00) I wanna assignto the joints.
Vertex > Sims 2 UniMesh Bone Tool
Put the values I want
Comit, Apply to All, Commit All.

Then I get this ( http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/...weightissue.jpg ), like its mixed up!

Thanks in advance!! I hope someone can help me! (i googled, but didn find anything )

If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it's run over by a car, you don't want it.
Test Subject
#284 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 9:26 AM
Umm hey Wes
I just downloaded your plug-ins & I kept having problems (But I worked my way through them) I finally got them into the correct directory & I can use the import tool to import them, I haven't registered my milkshape yet though, and when I click import and on the Sims 2 plug-in, it just comes up with a message that says 'This copy is not registered! If you want to use MilkShape 3D, you should buy a registration code at http://www.milkshape3d.com.' what do I do? I have my registry code, but I can't find out how to register... or is there another way to do it now, before I register in like 27 days or so...?

www.kay-te.deviantart.com
Check out my stuff :D
Lab Assistant
#285 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayx12
Umm hey Wes
I have my registry code, but I can't find out how to register... or is there another way to do it now, before I register in like 27 days or so...?
Open up Milkshape...
Go to Help > About > You will see a button saying Register
Happy Meshing! and Welcome Aboard !
Instructor
#286 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 8:00 PM
I never thought I would have to post a problem in this thread, so

Here is the issue.

I have a hair mesh, saved. I make changes to Bone Weights using unimesh bone tool 4.09. I re-save my mesh with changes.

I export using unimesh. I open a new empty file. I import what I just exported.

I check the bone weights which I made before...GONE.

The bone names are there...specifically head and neck; which I am trying to split 50/50.

However, hair is now shown as 100%, and neck, while being listed is showing as 0.

Huh?

Milkshape 1.8.4.
Unimesh 4.09.

Never a problem in the past, so very puzzled.
Test Subject
#287 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 1:47 AM
HELP!!!!!!!!
there is a serious issue with Milkshape.
And i have tried everything to fix it, but nothing is working, and its really annoying me.
When i try to Import an extracted GMC file, this little message keeps popping up and saying... "This copy is not registered! If you want to use Milkshape 3D, you should buy a registeration code at http://www.milkshape3d.com."
And i dont want to buy it....=_=
and in the tutorials, it doesnt seem to say anything about that.
and i've tried uploading it several different times, Milkshape versions 1.8.5. and 1.8.4.
Its not fare, i'm desperate.
and i dont have the money to buy it....
so please, anyone?...
help?...

I did not hit you...
I simply high-fived your face.
Test Subject
#288 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 1:51 AM
but its not like i have a registration code like Kayx12 has...
and how do i get it into the right directory?? Dx
grrrrr.
-Noob-

I did not hit you...
I simply high-fived your face.
Lab Assistant
#289 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 8:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eddy_
but its not like i have a registration code like Kayx12 has...
and how do i get it into the right directory?? Dx
grrrrr.
-Noob-
I'm no mod but you dont need to double post...
I just append to past by and i saw your cry for help...
You are aware that after 30days your trial Expires *right*...
The directory is C:\Program Files\MilkShape 3D 1.8.5 (depending on your OS and country) ,but that won help you at all,also you cannot uninstall 1.8.5 and then install 1.8.4 in hope to get an extra 30 days,this would only work on a fresh OS reinstall or a deep understanding of the registry,
If you like meshing and dont have the 30$ for the program,maybe you should try Wing3D or any other free ones...
edit:I dont feel that i'm being very helpful but there is nothing anyone can do if your trial as expire
Good luck!
Forum Resident
#290 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 11:16 PM
I want to thank you very much for your hard work. I just got milkshake & am trying to figure it out.You are very talented. Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge.
Test Subject
#291 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 2:26 PM
Please help guys! Why is it that when I open up milkshape 3d nothing shows?
Lab Assistant
#292 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sandrenceto
Please help guys! Why is it that when I open up milkshape 3d nothing shows?

Did you try importing a mesh?.. What exactly is not showing?
Test Subject
#293 Old 30th May 2010 at 7:58 AM
Thanx heaps
Test Subject
#294 Old 30th May 2010 at 7:59 AM
I want to make poses for my music videos
Test Subject
#295 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 8:05 PM
Im having trouble installing it because I unzip it with WinRAR then put it in the milkshape folder, then when i click Sims UniMesh Import, it says i need to register.
Mad Poster
#296 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pearflavored
Im having trouble installing it because I unzip it with WinRAR then put it in the milkshape folder, then when i click Sims UniMesh Import, it says i need to register.

MilkShape isn't free, so you're probably past the trial period. You'll have to pay for it to be able to use it.
Test Subject
#297 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 5:41 AM
Are they work with milkshape 1.8.2 ???
Lab Assistant
#298 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 11:30 AM
Yes, Nhut, yes they are :]

Simmed out and lazy,

Sorry
Theorist
#299 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 12:32 AM
I'm having problems, whenever I try to run the joint tool milkshake stops responding and then it closes I have milkshake and your tools all updated and I can't figure out why it's crashing! I'm sad because I'm stuck to short hair then....

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#300 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 8:19 AM
Uhm, sorry but I think the download link's not working T.T
Page 12 of 14