Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS2 Alien Eye + Blue Gums! Matte! UPDATED

by Qahne Posted 30th May 2016 at 1:48 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2023 at 2:55 PM by Qahne : Tooth and toddler compatibility

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th May 2016 at 8:50 PM
Can this be a default replacement for all alien eyes? Maybe as optional version? Please?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th May 2016 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Armilus
Can this be a default replacement for all alien eyes? Maybe as optional version? Please?

If enough people ask for it, I'll do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 10:43 AM
If enough people ask it...

Count me in. This needs to be default replacement! It looks so good.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 5:43 PM
Would love a default replacement. Great job, they are awsome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 3:24 PM
I love that CC ! Thank you very much ! I've always loved TS2 Aliens with their skin and eyes ! And I've always loved your TS2 Alien CC for TS4 ! Thanks again !

What a Default Replacement would do ? Apply to every alien sims ?
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 8:09 PM
Yes, a default replacement would apply it to the alien sims from Get To Work in the game : )

Quote:
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 12:15 AM
I havent tested them with the latest patch, but since it makes the teeth customizeable in CAS, I dont think it still works.
Is it possible to link the blue texture to those teeth in a future Mod?
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 1:36 AM
It should still work, all it is is a texture modification, from what I gather the new teeth customisation is a mesh thing. Test it out, and let me know if it needs updating!

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 2:54 AM
I love this small, but amazing change. Is it possible to use the blue gums with a different set of eyes?
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 1:48 AM
Not at the moment, but I could easily separate out the gum texture and make it into a skin detail or full face makeup if you'd like.

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 7:33 AM
If you can, that would be great! I think it would be a great skin detail. Thank you! You're amazing Qahne.
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
If enough people ask it...

Count me in. This needs to be default replacement! It looks so good.

I'm with you too!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 6:14 AM Last edited by _xKindredxSoulsx_ : 16th Feb 2018 at 7:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
Not at the moment, but I could easily separate out the gum texture and make it into a skin detail or full face makeup if you'd like.

Might be neat as it would let us pair blue mouth with other eyecolours, but face make-up would be better as skin details unfortunately are not available for aliens. Stupid EA logic...
I also think seeing some other mouth colours would be really cool. Then we can try out other combinations depending on what skin we were using. That would be easy to do in swatches with the face-makeup option and would override the blue mouth even if we are on your eye re-colour already.

By the way, been a while since I updated this mod, but I like that it's linked to an optional eyecolour instead of just being the default alien mouth. More flexible that way.

[Edit] Just realized this is actually a different mod by a different creator. I wonder what happened to the other version... Still like yours better, so it's just as well.

[Edit Again] Huh, apparently they turned skin details ON for aliens... Wonder when they did that... Didn't used to be able to access them.
In that case, I support skin detail over make-up as it will affect all outfits and can still have different coloured swatches...
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 6:00 PM
You're right, they did enable skin details for aliens - must have been recently, because I have looked into that several times before. I'll definitely do a redo of this as a skin detail alone later this week. Cheers for letting me know!

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
You're right, they did enable skin details for aliens - must have been recently, because I have looked into that several times before. I'll definitely do a redo of this as a skin detail alone later this week. Cheers for letting me know!

...later this week.

Not that that's an issue, just wondering if you decided against it or not, the interest is still there!
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 7:55 PM
Sorry about that @Handman50, got sidetracked with real life there - mod is now updated, hope you enjoy!

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 10:56 PM
Thanks for the update!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 8:17 PM
Hello, nice creation, brings back the classic sims 2 style.
Btw where did you get the moustache on the thumbnail?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 30th May 2019 at 1:32 AM
I literally never noticed Alien Sims have blue gums in S2 0.0
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 10:34 AM
does the skind detail version make all aliens blue mouthed too, or do we have to select the skin tone for every alien in the game?
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Armilus
does the skind detail version make all aliens blue mouthed too, or do we have to select the skin tone for every alien in the game?

Neither one replaces anything on any sim, they're just items you'll have to apply manually - one is a set of eyes with blue mouth, the other is just a blue mouth. There is a default set of eyes including these textures by MenaceMan44 over here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/582782...h-defaults.html .That mod will give all aliens a blue mouth

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 12:21 AM
Wow, not only did I not remember that aliens in TS2 had blue mouths, you could have easily fooled me into thinking that was Lola Curious instead of Stella Terrano. xDD
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frechi
Wow, not only did I not remember that aliens in TS2 had blue mouths, you could have easily fooled me into thinking that was Lola Curious instead of Stella Terrano. xDD

You can only really notice the mouth colour if you pay ridiculous attention, and Stella and Lola share the exact same hairstyle, skin and eyes so look pretty similar, but Lola has a fuller, more human face shape - Stella's got dem cheekbones going on

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Field Researcher
#25 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 5:29 AM
Slowly trying to figure out CC and mods for my game (didn't grab it until July of last year, for many reasons a lot of them related to toddlers not being in the game initially and the fact that I still play TS2 . . . I skipped TS3 entirely and every time I think maybe I can ignore something I dislike about it for the things that sound really good, someone gives me another reason to avoid that game, but I do like TS4, just wish it had more TS2 features) and TS2 style aliens are definitely on the list of wishes. Not sure what I am going to do, but depending on how much I like these eyes, I might add my name to the list of people who would be interested in a default replacement version of these. Right now, I am putting MenaceMan44's eye mod with your blue mouths in my game and I may want to have those eyes in my game, but we'll see.
Page 1 of 2