Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2018 at 4:14 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Hair mesh trouble
I downloaded some hairs that are 4t2 conversions, but doesn't show up in game or bodyshop, it just appear a bald head, like if the mesh (which is included) isn't attached to the colors, is there any way to fix it? thanks!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th May 2018 at 11:04 PM
Do you have the mesh? Which download?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th May 2018 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Do you have the mesh? Which download?

Yes, all of them (they're 4 the hairs that gave me troubles) they're from simblrsilverl (Anastasia, Ari, Ophelia & Nelli) all her other hairs work fine for me even when I compressed them, so idk what happens, seems like the hair is there but the mesh is just not properly attached?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th May 2018 at 12:16 AM
Okay, I meant for a link, saying a name doesn't help. I wanted to look at it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th May 2018 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Okay, I meant for a link, saying a name doesn't help. I wanted to look at it.

http://simfil.es/537506/
http://simfil.es/501824/
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th May 2018 at 5:50 PM
Do you have shaders off? I think if I remember correctly, 4 conversions need shaders often to show correctly?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th May 2018 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Do you have shaders off? I think if I remember correctly, 4 conversions need shaders often to show correctly?

They're on, but the hairs doesn't even appear correctly on the BodyShop, just shows a bald head (I even download the same hairs from other person, still doesn't work)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th May 2018 at 7:14 PM
Your first link, works for me. I have not tried the second link.
Problem's on your side, I'm afraid..
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 17th May 2018 at 8:15 PM Last edited by iCad : 17th May 2018 at 8:29 PM.
Are the hairs ridiculously high-poly? (You can check by looking at the GMDC resource in SimPE.) Many 4t2 hairs are crazy-high-poly (Like, 35K+ polys), especially LeahLillith's like those, and some video cards do not like to render ridiculously-high-poly hairs in TS2. It's not even a matter of how good the card is. Some really good, new cards won't render them, while some older/less powerful ones will render them just fine. A bald head generally means your card is refusing to render the hair, and If your video card refuses to render them, then your only option is to wait for someone to make a lower-poly version or do it yourself if you know how to mess with hair meshes.

EDIT: I had SimPE open, so I went ahead and looked at the polys myself. Anastasia is 32K poly and Ari is 35K, so I would say your problem is right there. Unfortunately, like I said, there's no way to fix this other than lower-poly versions of those meshes. Either that, or a video card that will render high-poly hairs in TS2. That being said, I'm sure that if you look on All The Hairs, you can probably find very similar styles that aren't so crazy-high-poly.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th May 2018 at 8:31 PM
Yep...seems like it!
Anastasia : 32203 af
Ari : 34961 af

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th May 2018 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Are the hairs ridiculously high-poly? (You can check by looking at the GMDC resource in SimPE.) Many 4t2 hairs are crazy-high-poly (Like, 35K+ polys), especially LeahLillith's like those, and some video cards do not like to render ridiculously-high-poly hairs in TS2. It's not even a matter of how good the card is. Some really good, new cards won't render them, while some older/less powerful ones will render them just fine. A bald head generally means your card is refusing to render the hair, and If your video card refuses to render them, then your only option is to wait for someone to make a lower-poly version or do it yourself if you know how to mess with hair meshes.

EDIT: I had SimPE open, so I went ahead and looked at the polys myself. Anastasia is 32K poly and Ari is 35K, so I would say your problem is right there. Unfortunately, like I said, there's no way to fix this other than lower-poly versions of those meshes. Either that, or a video card that will render high-poly hairs in TS2. That being said, I'm sure that if you look on All The Hairs, you can probably find very similar styles that aren't so crazy-high-poly.

Damn, I'll have to wait until someone lower the polys xD thanks!