Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2018 at 10:23 PM Last edited by VirazolKaine : 9th May 2018 at 11:50 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default No teen/YA romance option Nraas+Awesome mod. Also teen+teen can't try for baby
So I'm having an issue where there is no romance option for a teen and a young adult. Their relationships are maxed. I have several nraas mods including woohooer, I also have awesome mod with the proper configuration options enabled (12-adult and pedo settings) But there is no romance option when I click on the adult or vise versa. I've even tried to add the pedo traits to both sims and I still can't get any romance option. I've tried enabling and disabling teen romance settings for woohooer but that didn't change anything. Any help would be much appreciated. I've also noticed that I'm unable to get teens to try for baby or do the risky interaction, both options are grayed and say "progression denied" and there is no option when clicking the bed.
Edit: So I've been playing around with this, I had two teens start a romance, I then aged up one of the teens and for a moment I had romance options between the two, with the awesome mod icons on them, but when I let the game play for a moment, the options went away and there was no longer a romance option between the two...
Actually I have one romance option which is "take romantic photo" but when I try the teen just gets upset and declines even though they are romantic interests with max relationship.. What is going on?!

Edit edit: So I've since removed Awesome mod and started a new game with just nraas mods installed. I've enabled all the teen related romance options and there is still no romance option for teen/adult.. So any idea what's causing this?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th May 2018 at 1:37 AM
If you are playing with NRaas Woohooer and StoryProgression, breaking the teen-older barrier must be arranged for in both mods. On Woohooer, that's under settings for Romance first, then Woohoo. Note that allowing teen romance is a different option (that would be teen-teen) from allowing teen-older and each must set separately. On StoryProgression, that involves lifting the explicit romance and impregnation restrictions by age groups on each of the castes involved -- Teens, YAs, Adults, and Elders so as to get around the "Progression Denied" blocks.

Or the path of much less resistance: NRaas > Woohooer > General > Link to StoryProgression > False. Although you still have to allow teens to be pregnant within SP's teen caste or else the resulting pregnancies from TryForBaby and Risky will be terminated pretty quickly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2018 at 1:59 AM Last edited by VirazolKaine : 10th May 2018 at 3:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
If you are playing with NRaas Woohooer and StoryProgression, breaking the teen-older barrier must be arranged for in both mods. On Woohooer, that's under settings for Romance first, then Woohoo. Note that allowing teen romance is a different option (that would be teen-teen) from allowing teen-older and each must set separately. On StoryProgression, that involves lifting the explicit romance and impregnation restrictions by age groups on each of the castes involved -- Teens, YAs, Adults, and Elders so as to get around the "Progression Denied" blocks.

Or the path of much less resistance: NRaas > Woohooer > General > Link to StoryProgression > False. Although you still have to allow teens to be pregnant within SP's teen caste or else the resulting pregnancies from TryForBaby and Risky will be terminated pretty quickly.

Alright thanks for the reply, I'll try to figure out how to fix that! From your experience, do the nraas mods and awesome mod work well together? I used them both together for a little bit now and all seems well, I like a lot of little things that awesome mod does, specifically splitting families without an adult and stopping all the yelling about needs and routing issues. Are there any smaller mods that do those things around?

Update: So I worked it out and all seems good, but my teen and ya sim won't sleep together even though they're romantic and maxed relationship. Any way to fix this?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th May 2018 at 5:32 AM Last edited by igazor : 10th May 2018 at 5:43 AM.
I've played with Awesome and NRaas mods together, but it's been years since I let Awesome go. There should be no problems using both as long as one is aware of where they overlap and might tend to override the other and as long as one is willing to put up with the Pedo system as there is no way to avoid it except by not having teen-older relationships.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Awesome

The Pedo trait in Awesome isn't something most players really want regardless. It comes about as a result of teen-older relations, it's not a prerequisite, and basically makes the older sim a criminal, forbids them to be in public places around children, and locks them out of many careers. I've played through that in the past and can't really say that I recommend it. But it sounds like you have moved on from that possibility by now anyway.

Teens can do most anything in the world you can think of in bed (okay, with some help from the mods when it comes to romance) except actually sleep with someone with whom they are not blood related. They can even nap together. Same with children. But actual full sleep is blocked by the game core, even if the teens or the Teen/Adult couple are married to each other because, you know, that would be disgusting.

One solution, besides providing a bunch of extra single beds, is to get the NRaas SleepFreedom mod and then replace any already existing double beds in the game that these teens might want to use with new ones, even if they are Build/Buy copies of what they had originally. SleepFreedom will only work on EA beds from the base game and EP/SPs, not store content nor CC beds, unless some slightly more complicated steps are taken.