Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 12:33 PM
Custom Content - is it recolourable with SimPE?
I have worked through several tutorials and not found the answer to this. In my SimPE the CC items - ie original meshes - don't seem to show up at all. Only the game's meshes. I do have CEP and the DDS plugins...
I go to Object Workshop via the buttom at the base of the screen. I go through the catalogue as listed and there are NO other mesh objects there - nono of say Adele's doors, which I KNOW are installed. Is there a button I am missing to tell it to look for CC? I admit I find SimPE extremely confusing but I would like to be able to recolour some of the wonderful CC I have.
Oh, yes, I did find something that says use "Open" to load a Custom Package". But that didn't help...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 3:39 PM
In the Object Workshop, click the "open..." button (not the "start" button). Open a file (has to be a mesh), and select "recolor" from the dropdown list. SimPE can't find the files for you, so you have to look them up. It only reads certain CEPextra files and such, not the regular CC.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
In the Object Workshop, click the "open..." button (not the "start" button). Open a file (has to be a mesh), and select "recolor" from the dropdown list. SimPE can't find the files for you, so you have to look them up. It only reads certain CEPextra files and such, not the regular CC.

Ah got it! Thank you VERY much!